BotCon Airfare prices

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by highlander3000, Aug 24, 2006.

1. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    Well, it seems the airfare prices have gone up substantially over the last few weeks to get to BotCon. If there are any regular travelers out there I have a couple of questions.

1) Are prices likely to continue climbing or will the fall once September hits?

2) What is the best site to get the cheapest tickets? I've tried a few of the online places like travelocity, expedia and cheap tickets. Have I missed any?

Andrew

2. Krypto

Krypto Member

I booked direct from Continental airlines. If you establish what airlines fly from your regional airport - book direct from the airline for the best price.

I doubt prices will vary much in the next few weeks. Oil prices are relatively high and unlikely to go down. Additionally recent security scares/issues have affected the travel industry and they may not reduce fares as much. Although some low-cost airlines have put out offers on short-haul flights (in Europe at least), longer flights are unlikely to be discounted anytime soon.

I'm flying from Ireland and booked my flights a few months back around the time the location was announced. Prices tend to be better if you book reasonably well in advance for long-haul.

3. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i booked continental direct flight from NJ for 350.00 roundtrip