Botcon 2012, which toy will be most desired?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 26, 2012.

?

Who will be most desired?

1. SG Tracks (or Road Rage)

45 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Overlord

19 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. Metalhawk

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. SG Treadshot

16 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. SG Soundwave

10 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. SG Ultra Magnus

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  7. None, they'll all drop below normal Botcon prices immediately

23 vote(s)
    20.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, which figure do you think will be most desired by the fandom as a whole? I know this set has been very hit or miss, but most people still seem to like at least 1 figure in the set... so, who will be the star of this set? I've set it to allow multiple votes, in case you think there will be a tie between 2 figures...

I think Tracks really will be the star, because he's very much a multi purpose bot...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I think Road Rage for sure, because it can be used by everyone even if they're not into SG.

Although, if the SG Insecticon colour Junkion rumour is true, they will be hot!

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i agree on those, but i'm just thinking boxed set, since that's the only thing confirmed at this point...

4. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Yeah, Tracks. Unoffensive color scheme, well-respected mold, and something for both SG fans as well as people who don't like SG.

Everything else is either a bad mold (Soundwave), uninspired deco no one would care about (Treadshot), or just kinda... funky (the rest)

5. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Metalhawk will be a popular figure for those into the G1 Japanese universe. SG tracks will be popular for similar reasons. Overlord is a bit hit and miss for me. While I think its a pretty good classics recolor for the figure that works, the original toy's gimmick, size and look make it pretty hard for me to settle for this. Soundwave I'm not a fan of, and Ultra Magnus wasn't actually too bad, except for the head sculpt.

As for monetary collectibility, I think this will be fairly low on the totem poll sheerly based on the numbers produced. I haven't checked recently, but non-attending box sets and loose sets were still available not too long ago. That was unheard of in past sets, and FunPub specifically upped the production run on this years set.

6. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the box set I'm just re-purposing the figures, like SG Tracks, into Classic counterparts.
    Except SG Soundwave. He can sit in the box and think about how terrible he is and wish I had been kinder to buy him the stupid head band.
    But I don't really feel any of this set will be desired strongly.
    At present SG Treadshot is the best in the set for me (though I just have to remove the stupid faction symbol and get some Repolabels.)

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I voted for SG Treadshot. I honestly think this figure is the most creative and inspired of the boxset. I great homage to a forgettable figure. I also voted that I thought these figures would drop below the inflated prices we typically see after the convention. I think these figures will be easily attainable.

8. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I'm going with Treadshot, because he was the unexpected one in the set, and honestly kind of takes a legacy of suck (the Armada Side Swipe mold) and turns it on its ear. I've heard very few opinions on him that aren't positive.

9. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tracks and Treadshot need only some new faction labels and they'll be Road Rage and Armada Sideswipe (Universe Hotshot gets a buddy) for my collection. Overlord and Metalhawk could use custom accessories (gun and shield for Overlord and new head w/ removable helmet, sword and gun for Metalhawk) to be perfect. Not feeling Ultra Magnus and Soundwave yet but maybe once I get them in hand things can change.

10. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tracks or Treadshot but I have to agree with Boardwise... I don't think any of it will be desired strongly.

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SG Soundwave fits in with the original SG set like a hand and a glove, and he's the viewpoint character of several well-regarded SG fics. Trying to think outside the TFW disapproval echo chamber, I think his price will be pretty comfortably high. Yes the Ironhide mold is a dog, but IMHO a dog in Classics/Universe/Generations still outshines the A/E/C molds that still make up a lot of the "canonical" SG figures.

12. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel they should have stayed with "Sonic White" Device Label Soundwave as the SG version instead of later shoe-horning him into the universe Ironhide mold.

SG Ironhide could have been in the boxset instead, which I would vastly prefer because as a black recolor of the mold he can be a triple-homage (SG, Diaclone and Movie).

13. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Perfectly said.

Personally...and I do mean personally. I feel Tracks is the weakesat of the set, and I don't mean that as a fact I mean that just for me. anyone else who loves him GREAT!

But I think Treadshot is the true winner of the box, compounded with the fact I had the "battle in the box".

But I'm looking forwards to spreading these figures around the collection.

Although like someone else said...If that SG Junkions rumor proves true it's gonna cost a mint!.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You know, this is well said. I think it's an excellent point.

Yeah ... those things will sky rocket on the after market.

15. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Honestly? Gonna go with none. I was not impressed. SG Soundwave was kinda a let down for me.

16. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I'm literally saving VAST qaunities of cash right now in preparation for it.

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i agree, and if the head helps fix the oddness of the mold, i think that'll improve it a lot... and definitely better than most of the AEC...

i agree, a black Ironhide would've been far better, i think...

though, it's funny that people say they hate a white Soundwave, because the mold sucks, but then say they'd love that mold as Ironhide (not in this thread, but around other places)

18. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Voted for none. Whole set is bleh for me.

19. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Personally I got SG Soundwave and SG Treadshot, but I do believe that SG Tracks will probably do the best on the aftermarket. He just works on several levels for collectors, and has a decent mold to begin with.

20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    IMHO Tracks will probably be the biggest hit in the aftermarket, but I don't think Treadshot will be far behind. So far Treadshot is the only one I'm keeping and even then I'll be customizing him into Skram. The rest just don't impress me.