Botcon 2012 Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by JazzIsBack, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Then you should come on Friday and do late registration pick up.

2. A.Prime

A.Prime Well-Known Member

Potential Botcon guests

Will people like David Kaye and Michael McConnohie come if it's in TX? or other guests if need be or will it be like 2009 in FL and have fewer guests

3. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

From talking with a few of them, It truely depends on if they have work at the time of the show. Sometime if they are head of schudule and the can get the time off they will be there. Its also why FP wait til the last minute to annouce who the vip guest are. Know if I remember correctly there was talk about 2 or 3 shows back that a very important voice actor had moved to texas. Now if he comes to this year show, I would be taking a few pieces to get sign.

09 was the 1st year in CA under FP running
    10 was in FL

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got a question about registering two primus packages. Hopefully someone knows if this is possible.

Is it possible to order two Primus packages, along with two custom classes, under two different people's name in the same order? I basically want to try and help my friend out so he doesn't miss out on the custom class, as well as get him his proper Primus package in his name. Or if there is another way to go about it, so my friend gets everything and a seat in the custom class.

Thanks!

5. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I know you can if its a family member. Otherwise, you'll have to hit the registration ( and club membership ) twice.

6. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, like IG said. If it were a family member you could get time in under your membership. But if not, you'd have to either sign em up for the club at the same time or pay the non-members price. It would be a little cheaper to have him/her join before registration opens. The classes fill very quickly and I'm sure you don't want any hiccups.

7. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks tips guys! :) 

8. Guitarbot

Guitarbot Active Member

Hi everyone. Hopefully I'll be attending my first Botcon this year!

I plan on buying a Primus package, but I also want to acquire a complete set of the attendee/souvenir figures as well. I'll probably only be at the convention on Friday, and I'm worried if I'm not there at the right time I could miss out on the souvenir figures... When exactly do they go on sale? I think I read earlier that Primus package holders get first dibs - will there be enough, and how do I ensure I am able to obtain those figures?
    I also plan on attending the custom class... is there a chance I could miss out?

Thanks! Hoping to meet many of you there!

9. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    On Friday all of the souvenir figures will still be attendee only. There is a chance that it could be sold out by the end of the day.

As far as the custom class goes, it sells out fast fast fast, and takes place on Wednesday and Thursday.

10. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If you have a TFCC membership and you buy the Iacon package, does it cost more to ship? Or is the shipping covered by your TFCC membership?

11. Guitarbot

Guitarbot Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. When do the souvenir figures go on sale, Thursday or Friday? And at what time? I'll likely be getting in Thursday night, how early would I need to be there to ensure they're not sold out?

Thanks for your help!

12. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Typically, the way it works is you wait in line to register and pic up your boxset on Thursday night (registration starts at 6pm). If you are not at the beginning of the line you WILL be waiting for hours. Then, once you finally get your registration and boxset taken care of, you then get the priveledge of waiting on another painstakingly long line for several more hours to buy souvenir sets. Last year, they closed down the line around midnight or so and gave the people who were still waiting in line "wristbands of shame" which allowed them to be the first ones in the line early the next morning. Every year I hope that they make the process more efficient (and there are many ways they can), but every year I get disappointed.

13. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Do you have to be ther in person to pick up the primus set, can i have some one pick it up for me?

14. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Family members only. Your wife, mother, father, or maybe sibling.

15. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha! No way. You HAVE to be there in person. They check your ID, they make you sing forms, etc. Part of the reason the process takes so long.

Edit - IG said it....I guess its ok to have a spouse or sibling

16. mykticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I asked this question last year and from what I remember You have to pick up your own set (with your ID). You can also pick up their (family/mini cons) sets with a valid ID, but no one can pick yours up. If anything, I would suggest going to Botcon'ss FAQ's and submit that question, just to be 100% positive :D 

17. mykticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shipping is figured out when you are purchasing your set. You will pay for everything at checkout. So, in a more simple answer... No, shipping is not covered with your memebership.

18. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ok, thanks.

19. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I had issues picking up my girlfriends set the last two years in a row but thx to a staff member I know it got taken care of right away :) 

20. n10zguy

n10zguy Well-Known Member

I would not worry about the souvenir exclusives selling out. The last two years there have been more than enough to buy leading all the way till Sunday.