Botcon 2012 - IDW Panel Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Exactly, the news just makes MTMTE even more of a must read for me! The Lost Light's gonna be one big powder keg :D 

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They never said anything like that. They said nothing right now, but if we keep voicing our support in increases the chances. They have other stuff they're doing right now. They never once said they prefered not to do anything. Don't fabricate motives to demonise people who want this just as much as you.

3. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

They said that the sales of the new comics are way up over last year! Hell yeah. It's soooooo good to see the audience responding to an increase in quality. Keep buying MTMTE and RID!

And I'm thrilled that Sky-Byte will be in RID. Hopefully Barber can capture his personality right. He deserves to get some more screen time in something higher quality than his original cartoon.

Yeah, it's funny that they stood there and bragged about 81 in front of the very audience that overwhelmingly voted for Animated instead. :redface2:  Obviously there are rights issues involved, but it was a dick move giving us hope that more Animated was possible when it almost certainly isn't.

4. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

I don't recall there being a massive fan petition to bring in Animated as a comic like there was for Furman to continue his Marvel run. I'd love an Animated comic, but don't blame IDW for giving the fans the other things we want.

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Greyley, I really don't think that's what's going on here. They can do Animated and they'd like to do Animated, but they have FOUR BOOKS about to be running concurrently. At least two of them have set endings though...just give them a little time.

And yes, the Furman project had enormous grassroots support from the word go. I was an early petition signer and I'm very passionate about this project. This grew up organically--let it happen, then when it's done with you'd certainly have my support behind more Animated.