Botcon 2012: How long until the boards drop to ebay pricing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundblaster1, May 28, 2012.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I've been shopping around for Botcon 2012 figures (I figure we're post-hype enough that they aren't going to get much cheaper) and every time I see the ones I want on the boards, they're significantly ($10-15+) more expensive than what they're selling for on ebay.

I'm known for being cheap and whatever, but really? Ebay is almost never the cheapest option, but it looks like for these it is. What gives?

2. Fartini

Fartini Banned

Ebay has been cheaper for a while honestly. There are very few sellers here with stuff priced reasonably.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm used to better deals here, but I'm also used to more insane prices here. It just so happens that the Botcon stuff seems to fall on the "insane" side of things.

4. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    ^ Tell me about it.

I've my fair share of "fun" hunting for this year's Botcon pieces.

It's sad that fellow Boardies are asking for the same rates (almost) like on eBay!

Even when I sell item(s) here on TFW, I make it a point to price 'em lower than what I would normally ask for on eBay because I understand the fact that I'm on a forum, filled with mostly Collectors.

5. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think prices here are the results of a few things. First there may be some price memory here that the seller has from the hyped prices from right after the con. That may need some time to readjust itself. The second thing may be buyers remorse from people who bought it at the hyped prices and wished to get their money back. From what I see though, prices here on the board seem pretty in line with ebay prices. SG optimus still goes pretty high on the boards here and on ebay. The box set stuff seems to have readjusted itself though.

6. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought my Botcon 2012 stuff here when eBay was charging a fortune for figures. The prices were very reasonable a month ago, but I see what you mean about prices going up. Not sure how that happened, but I have seen Botcon 2012 stuff go for really cheap prices on eBay lately.

7. Automorpher

News Credits:
    ^ With some of the pricing that I'm seeing here, I can safely say that eBay's a better place to buy your Botcon cracks. :drunk 

8. Fartini

Fartini Banned

Definitely. I get most of my second hand or stuff I missed there anyway. You get better deals.

9. Automorpher

News Credits:
    There are some members who would still sell their wares at reasonable pricing here on TFW but these deals are getting far & few with the passing years.

Plus, given the fact that you did chance upon one, you still have to REALLY beat the crowd to secure the item(s). :lol 

10. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i got a MISBag SG straxus a few weeks ago for $61 in an auction....so the deals are out there...you just have to fast on the bid click.

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    It's because on eBay, a lot of the prices you see are the bid auctions. Sellers have a limited time frame where they have buyers bidding their best price. Unfortunately for them and fortunate for a lot of fans, there apparently isn't a lot of demand or rather high priced demand for a lot of the figures, which is why they can end up on the low side. The boards members here operate much like the BIN on eBay. No time pressure to sell the toys, and they set their prices the way they want. Personally I got Botcon figs this year from fellow board members, and it was cheaper than eBay :) 

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    Still looking for a Kickoff/ SG G2 Prime set thou.. ;) 
    hint hint :D  :lol 

13. Star Saber

News Credits:
    I gave up on Kickoff, decided on getting myself a Prime first from the boards :lol  Figured down the line I can probably grab one at a much cheaper price anyway, but can't say the same for SG Optimus.

14. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    yeah agree about Kickoff but he SG Prime has gone beyond logical reasoning in terms of pricing... :redface2: 

15. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Sadly, true. Glad I was able to get one for a relatively good price. Must be something about Evil/Black Primes that make collectors go crazy. :lol 

16. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Prime has to be the cream of the 2012 Botcon crop if you ask me and not many will give him up after the first one went for such a high price all the others should be attainable at a reasonable price?

17. Star Saber

News Credits:
    I would say the Junkions probably won't be going down anytime soon either. The regular Junkions were already great sellers, what more the Botcon set, especially if a 3rd party releases some upgrades/custom heads/armors for em.

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    yeah agree on both comments, guys. The mold is nothing spectacular but IMHO somehow SG repaints of Prime can sell like hot cakes... :lol 

19. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah I only wanted 1 so I picked up WreckGar for 40 bucks and glad I did now seeing just him go for almost 100 bucks but I went to Botcon and was ALL OVER the SG Optimus set hes pretty sweet!!! The paint and best details of them all if you ask me?

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

News Credits:
    personally I wont pay more than $80 for Kickoff... that's just a matter of opinion, thou.