Botcon 2012 Brochure is up!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Victorysabre, Dec 24, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

any idea who overlord will be figure wise?

im willing to bet its a heavy remold of the unreleased triple changer animated megatron

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    By God! I'm not too into the Shattered Glass stuff but Ill find a home in my collection for them so I can get me those Classic toys!

3. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They missed out on a really easy opportunity to insert an obligatory "more than meets the eye" in that sentence.

Also, the email sent to club members was lil weird. "Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah". Is "Happy Holidays" to PC now?

Anyways, cool set for the SG enthusiasts! I myself am more interested in the Classics guys.

4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    lol

5. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I hate to say this but ... pass.

Sold my Shattered Glass stuff in 2008. Would sell it again. Only reason to buy this is to flip a profit. Kind of disappointed that the club has run out of ideas that they have to go back to something that's an "easy sell" ... what's next? Animated again for next year? Kind of sad that the club is apparently catering itself to what they KNOW will sell versus being original and giving us new characters and not just "repaints Hasbro won't do".

Sucks that the RID anniversary has come and gone and we got a whopping 3 figures out of it, two of them being club exclusives

(2010 SkyByte, 2011 Side Burn, 2010 Universe Bruticus)

Sad, sad, sad.

6. Necro Prime

Necro Prime Necrobot

Jesus tap-dancing Christ... I hate SG almost as much as Animated. I was really looking forward to going this year as it is finally close enough for me to travel there, but I am now completely discouraged. This set officially breaks the deal. I will just have to ebay anything I'm interested in. Which may be cheaper any how. I know the rest of the convention will be awesome, But I am admittedly interested to go there to collect the exclusives.

7. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I'll take that bet...

8. Necro Prime

Necro Prime Necrobot

I'm with you.

9. Cadbane

Cadbane Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello Dallas I am on my way!

10. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

Wow I would like to get this but i doubt i will have the money that soon after the holidays. :( 

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ With Sky-Byte and Side Burn covered, there IS no RiD set. You know that we'll get Scourge, or if we don't we have the figure to repaint. Besides which, there's less reason to re-do the RiD figures.

Only fans buy FunPub. "Making a set that will sell" is the identical goal of "making a set that will appeal to the largest number of fans."

Lots of people got made happy here. SG Tracks = Road Rage = Diaclone. People wanted all that. Overlord, if it doesn't suck, is a big gift to LSotW fans. Treadshot is a little gift to them too, and a gift to Action Master fans. Metalhawk for Masterforce fans, and it also ties in with IDW. And SG Soundwave is honestly just one of the best characters to come out of Transformers in awhile.

No doubt the other figs will have some nice surprises too. It seems a well-planned set to me though.

12. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I couldn't say it better, I'm eager to seeing these two guys as well.

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^hollieeeee shit. :drool:  :rock 

^this..:cry :

14. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

I hope that FunPub doesn't use the Silverbolt mold for Overlord/Gigatron.

15. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm guessing SG Tracks is in "Road Rage" red colors. Dual purpose Classics Road Rage OR SG Tracks for collectors.

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Is it wrong of me to say I'd rather see one of the third party Soundwaves as Shattered Soundwave ? if only as it would retain the cassette friends in a way that makes more sense.

I think by Excluding AEC that 'includes' Universe, Classics, and some 2010 items for use.

I wonder where they stand on the likes of Movie Lockdown, Bludgeon or Lugnut or Brawn or Stockade and other offscreen movie and semi-movie moulds.

I hope they are not arbitrarily excluding AEC moulds and that it's because they have been used before or are not available as plenty of them have not been used yet and seem ideally suited (as bagged releases say) such as Mudflap=Erector or Hook, Quickmix=Mixmaster, Roadblock=Hauler and so on.

I always liked the idea of Tidalwave as Magmatron too.

17. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

Shattered Glass Soundwave is a must for me. I'm so glad Botcon is close to me 2012!

18. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Looks like I will be flipping my set this year when I get down to Texas.

19. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I honestly hope that no MOVIE or SORTA MOVIE molds get used for this shit. Seriously. Especially paying towards 400 for this set and the money for hotel and my plane tickets... no. None of that garbage.

20. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing Overlord is the Darkmount/Skullgrin mold with the plane mode tossed aside.

Metalhawk could be something as simple as the Seeker mold if it isn't Thunderwing, but they could toss a curveball and use the Midwipe/Strafe mold for something different.

Treadshot...it sure would be strange to see this guy use the Voyager Megatron gun mold, as if maybe the rules aren't as strict for a limited run collectible type thing. Heroic could mean bright colors, too. Then again, a heroic version of a name that's been somewhat obscure in every era is strange enough as is.

I dunno. I see Soundwave with a headband and I figure anything's possible at this point. Crazy stuff going on, that's for sure. I want Metalhawk and Overlord and my brain hurts.

I've also got a feeling that no Scourge means Hasbro said "No, we want to do that one."

Also, Evil Tracks probably means Red Tracks. I want that too.