Botcon 2012 boxset (Invasion) value. Will it decrease, increase, or stay the same?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wolfdawg, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just wondering about the value of the 2012 Botcon set. I know a lot of people say the usual trend with Botcon figures is to wait a few weeks for prices to stabilize, however, I can't help but feel this may bite a lot of patient fans in the rear.

I feel this way because, for some reason, Shattered Glass figures almost always go up in value. I actually can't think of any Shattered Glass figures that didn't almost double (or in some cases, quadruple) in value (according to original cost) after a year or two. That being said, do you think it's a good idea to hurry up and purchase some of these Shattered Glass figures ASAP, or wait it out? Certain characters like Soundwave and the Junkions seem to be pretty popular and I can see their value skyrocketing in the coming weeks. Other figures that don't quite tickle as many fans' fancy may also skyrocket once 3rd party companies release inevitable add ons - I'm speaking specifically of Ultra Magnus who will almost definitely receive a Battle Tanker upgrade of some type...heck, Prime might too.

I don't actually see Octopunch or Straxus going up too high in value, but Treadbolt may due to the popularity of the Jazz mold.

I guess I'm really posing this question because I just got what I consider to be a really good deal on the Junkions, Soundwave w/ Headband, and Ultra Magnus. Altogether, I think I spent close to 300 dollars, but I don't feel the slightest bit of buyers remorse. However, I know some people are going to insist that I overpaid.

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say decrease but with certain figures like Soundwave, Magnus, and Overlord/Gigatron as not many people seemed interested in them. Others like Treadshot though may go up in price, like you said for reasons already mentioned. Octopunch, probably stay the same because some people are mixed up about it and the Junkions might probably go up because of their popularity.

3. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

As long as you're happy with the purchase price, that's all that matters. Let's leave the price speculation to the stock market.

4. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm definitely happy with my purchase price, but I'm also contemplating getting Straxus and Treadbolt. However, I went over my TF allowance this weekend and won't have anymore spare cash for Transformers for another month. I guess I'm just worried about not being able to get those two before prices go up (or down).

5. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it'll go the way of the G2 set, and stay about the same as the Botcon purchase price. It took a very long time (relatively) to sell out, and I think FP said they upped the production run on this year's set. The only thing that may change that is if a very desirable upgrade set from Fansproject or whatnot comes out for one of the included figures.

I think the last true set that will definitely increase in value is the Games of Deception set.