Botcon 2012 attendee sets news/rumors/speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by jerryitus, Dec 31, 2011.

1. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Since we know several molds that are in use now for 2012 (TFCC and Botcon), and since we know that SG Tracks is in diaclone colors, I wanted to speculate on what some of the attendee exclusive sets might bring us.

I've heard discussion of maybe SG Ironhide in his black diaclone color, which would be really nice. What else could we see this year?

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I'm guessing Shattered Glass Sweeps :) 

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This should be in toy discussion.

4. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should do something with the Jazz mould. Maybe Jackpot. Like that mould more than Tracks mould.

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be nice to see. Also agreed that the Jazz mold would be nice to see in use.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is an Animated pair. They often "revisit" with attendee sets.

If they do another "troop builder" Junkions seem obvious. I'd actually like Sweeps better, but they just did that a few years ago. They might have trouble working either of those into the story, mind.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A black RTS Perceptor to double as SG Perceptor and Magnificus seems likely. And I'll throw out RTS Grappel as SG Grapple and Hauler.

It would be nice to see RTS Lugnut there somewhere. SG Lugnut?

What I'd like to see is a Voyager mold in each add-on set. Unless the Powerglide or Silverbolt molds get used this year, there won't be any Ultras, so a total of only two Voyagers across the entire set would make it seem kind of... short.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Shattered Glass Lugnut can't just be a throw-away character. He would need to be a good guy who is at the same time against Megatron for it to work properly lol

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This isn't a news topic. Moving to Convention Discussion.

9. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I think you might just get SG Omega from what ever that cyb mould they used was, Junkions seem likely and I hope I can get for a not to crazy price after the show.

10. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can see this happening cause to me it seams from the front page of Botcon.com that will be the mold they are using to make soundwave. So I could also see them making a SG Ratchet

Yes I could see one of those molds being used as the army trooper set, If they uses the sweeps Hopefully on the bio they will uses different number then the ones from 09, if they uses Junkion mold hopefully they would give us Names of other junkions that were used in season 3 and 4 of g1

This could be a sweet toy, but I thought one of the aftermarket company already said they had plans to do this in 2012.

This could be as the Bio for Hauler was just in the club magazine. With Gigatron/Overlord already being a Voyager class toy, that already takes up one of the voyager class toys. I dont remember them having more then 2 voyager class toys for a botcon set to include the add-on packs

If they do uses this I hope we get a lot better head. I like vechile mold, But hate how it looks in robot mainly cause of the head

Your getting this idea from the club magazine, Only problem is its based off Menasor from Cybertron. If I remember right they took Omega rocket arms and head and put it on the menasor body. Easy to do on paper, But to do that for a toy would cause months of rework. As we know most of the molds get retooled heads and wapons. Plus it was put out that FP was not going to have any Energon, Armada, or Cybertron mold in this year set. Yes I would love to get this toy but I think the olds are against this one. Plus if I remember I belive this was an Ultra class toy and they have NEVER had an Ultra Class toy as part of a botcon set. Now Prime from 06 and Megatron from 08 was scaled down from the orignal molds.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW THIS IS ONLY MY 2 CENTS

As far as who Would I like to see, I just went back thought the old club magazines and there are a few that I would like to see, SG Dirge, all yellow
    Evil Hound, Would not mind getting ramjet or thrust in a sg colors

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  11. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, believe me, I would kick small children for the chance to own SG Omega Doom from the Cybertron Menasor mold. But I'm assuming their "No A/E/C molds this year" statement to apply to the add-on sets, too, so I'm not holding my breath.

I didn't remember what the art for Omega Doom looked like and I didn't realize he was so substantially reworked. Yeah, that makes him even less likely this year.

But Botcon sets have had several Ultra-class toys. 2006 BW Megatron was made from Cybertron Defense Red Alert. 2009 Landshark was made from Energon Landmine. 2010 Clench was made from Universe Onslaught.

12. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Same thing I was thinking.

13. gen1fan

News Credits:
    I think this was started in news and rumors, and one of the mods move it to the conventions area

14. gen1fan

News Credits:
    So I started looking back thought the old club Magazine, and I came across a Bio for Metalhawk (issue # 34) and by going off the vechile mode the closest toy for it would be a seeker but the problem I see is they would have to rework the wings and back half of the plane, Leg section in bot mode. But I could also see them using Cyclonus mode to make it. This is the one I want to see the most.

15. jerryitus

I also can't wait to see, I'd bet 100% on Cyclonus mold except for the nightstick issue. Seeker mold 2 years in a row though? Also seems unlikely, which leaves Thunderwing mold, which i'd be ok with.

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hope the troop builder's not the Reflector Perceptor repaints.

17. jerryitus

I had totally forgotten about that until now, oh god, i also hope not, but it definitely seems possible.

18. n10zguy

n10zguy Da Hawt Gay Geek

Well now we have a good idea of who all the extras are. What does everyone think about that Junkion troop builder set? I'm thinking I want multiple sets of that. 8)

19. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    I really dig the idea of Junkion troop-builders myself, ayup :) 

20. n10zguy

n10zguy Da Hawt Gay Geek

Especially if they are all in insecticon colors!