Botcon 2011 site is up

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gryph, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    This is what I had to do as well, I think it might be a glitch in the setup and the 5th wasn't included. The lady I spoke with got everything setup so I won't have to change rooms, but sadly there were no king beds left only doubles according to her.

2. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got off the phone a couple of seconds ago and booked from May 31 to June 6 with no problems and a king bed. The only problem that I had was my credit expires before the date of the convention, so she had to change my year on my credit card to full the system. I just have to call back in with my new card when I get it.

I would take it that they have only so many rooms available per day.

Say 20 rooms for one day stay at the convention rate
    20 rooms for a two day stay at the convention rate and so on.

In the past couple of years, I have always made reservations when alot of people could not. The longer you stay at the hotel the easier to get a reservation.

3. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
    What a pain! I called, but the woman said that there are no Double Beds left for Sunday night, and no King beds available Tuesday-Saturday night straight, meaning that I *HAVE* to change rooms now. All because their stupid online reservations don't work properly. What a pain in the ass.

4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Well I got in for Wed-Sun, with a King (called at 5:30 this morning) but while they couldn't get me the 'con rate for Sunday I did get some kind of special that got me in for $142 for that night in the same room...I'm not gonna complain about a $3 difference.

5. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe it's FansProject invading <_<

I'd like this, but I'd rather the Gobots be released under a mainline rather than be limited to Fun Publication toys.

6. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Oh, I'm aware of Octus' existence. But we haven't seen any Who references since the Marvel Comics run, so a Dalek-themed BotCon would be awesome.

There's no way in hell it'll ever happen, but wouldn't it be amazing if it did? :D 

7. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I called @ 8:10 in the morning on Sunday, and also got the "5th is not available @ Con rate". But for $20 extra, eh.... And I may well not need it.

So I haz 2 rooms locked in right now - and plenty of time to rustle up a group of people to fill them :lol 

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    The funny thing is I'm staying the same amount of time as you are (May 31 till June 6th).

9. MegaP12im3

MegaP12im3 Member

LESS than a year

botcon 2011 in pasadena can't wait didn't care much for 2010 but hope 2011 brings in better looking exclusives...and box sets hopefuflly more voyagers..

10. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh, I'd LIKE to see something with the vok/swarm/liegemaximo...

Maybe its a transtech takeover? Kinda an alternate version of beast machines. Just drawing a correlation between the vehicons and dominance over cybertron. I dunno, those aren't maximal and vehicon symbols.

11. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Engineer

News Credits:
    I just made my reservation for June 1-6, but...I think the group rates are already sold out. When the reservation agent went to book my room, she received a message to contact Brian Savage. I'm going to send him an email to see what's up, but I went ahead and reserved a room at the standard rate. She said there are only a handful of rooms left, and they are all single king beds. If you want a room at the Sheraton, you had better hurry!

12. Goji

Goji Diaclone Reboot is ruining my life

Amen man amen