Botcon 2011 Boxsets up for pre-order @ BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Crobot91, Apr 11, 2011.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I think Ebay will be flooded with sets coming from scalpers during the first few weeks, exceeding the demand, just like Botcon 2006 figures were easy to obtain for a good price. It's later down the road when all sets will have been redirected to their final owners that scarcity and price will rise since no one will be willing to sell it.

2. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where's Venksta? Usually if anyone knows anything about anything involving 3rd party stuff, it's him. Even if he doesn't give details, he can say "It's being worked on" and everyone listens.

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    You have to consider the sell-out time on this set too. The fact it vanished in a week, and the BBTS inventory vanished in a few hours at over $400 just for the set (no Botcon registration with those!), indicates the price will be a premium even on the day they get into the hands of Botcon attendees. I'm willing to bet we'll see sets going for at least $800-$1000 that day. It's going to be a mad house slaughter with a guaranteed hightened level of bitching/trolling about secondary market prices here on the forums.

Exactly, and for some magical unknown-but-really-known reason.. he's earned our trust so we believe him when he says it. Fancy how that works :thumbs2: 

Clint Eastwood does indeed making everything cooler. That's a god damn scientific fact that has been proven many times. None of that "maybe" bull shit... no sir. I mean, look at what he does for web browsers...

[​IMG]

Jet planes and killing machines and black flight suits and kick ass helmets and those little red man-stars indicating "this is bad-ass government shit.. watch out"? That's how CE browses the web.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, I'm convinced!

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I think it's more of a case of people who missed out in the past few years finally securing their set this year. And picking up extras on top of that.