Botcon 2011 Box set or exclusives?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by masishadow, May 30, 2011.

1. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never been to botcon, and these will be the first exclusives from botcon I plan on buying. Getting everything all at once is just dropping too much cash upfront, no matter how much I want the boxset and rumored exclusives.

Question is: Which aftermarket price will be worse later on between the box set and the set of freebie/purchaseable exclusives. Looking at 2009 and 2010 box sets, I wouldn't worry about it, but after talking to people and reading posts, I'm now worried that the box set will explode in price after botcon with it being pretty much the end of animated/g1 combiner homage.

2008 and 2007 sets I would know that they would go crazy in price, this one I'm not too sure about. Thoughts?

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Since the box set sold out in record time, I'm gonna put my money on the box set.

I can easily see it doubling in value in a short amount of time. Animated has a very strong pull with plenty of collectors.

This box set has more in common with 2008 in terms of fan excitement than 2009 / 2010.

3. masishadow

News Credits:
    What I was thinking, thanks.

Have there been non-box set exclusives besides SG rodimus that go for insane prices aftermarket?

4. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know that Darksyde MEgatron shoots to mind as being crazy expensive to own. Clear Blue Mirage was up there until the KO was released. If I were you, I would go for the box set as I see that one commanding a great price in the future. The last 2 years sets (while I love mine) were duds as far as resale items. The only one I can think of out of the attendee exclusives that would command a great price would be the ActionMaster Thundercracker (if it happens)...

5. masishadow

News Credits:
    And please let it.