Botcon 2010 Items on eBay.

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by wipedout, Jun 25, 2010.

1. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sharkticons sold out by 11:30am. holy cow.

3. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Wow! and such LOW BIN.....:rolleyes2 

It hasn't even been a week yet and these prices...

4. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Try not to give him a hard time, guys. He was nice enough to sell one of the Sharkticon sets to me for a lower price. Very nice guy.

5. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

yeah well he made the effort and spent the $$$ to goto botcon and wait in lines to purchase said botcon exclusives...if you do not go and attend and want to acquire these items...then you pay secondary market prices...

6. Sound Blaster

Yea I forgot that's why people go to Botcon to keep them for their collections....

:rolleyes2 

You know it just kills me that this justs gives people an excuse...

7. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Sharkticons are going to only go up in price. I could have sat on these and made a butload more but I actually gave out some decent deals. TFSOURCE and Tempting Toys are probably going to have a shitton soon since apparently after friday morning they didn't put up a limit on how many they could buy per time in line.

Added the remaining things on Ebay. I have two Double Punches and 1 Cindersaur left. The two double punches were from me only wanting to keep the Scorches.

8. Tirade

I appreciate that deal on the Sharkticons too ;) . Also, I think TFSource has the Sharkticons (and others) in stock now.

I have no problem with someone trying to make a couple bucks. Hotels, food, gas and such are not cheap. Those things add up. Being able to buy those convention exclusives at the convention prices is one of the priviledges of attending.

My only regret: not helping out people when I was able to attend BotCon last year. At that time, I was still new to most online boards.

9. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

whatever.

most folks get the boxed set..keep it and resale the bagged set...and I stick to my original statement...not everyone can attend botcon...I have not been able to yet to date due the the costs with hotel and food and air line tickets..but want to collect the Transformers...so yeah i as an adult realize NOTHING IS FREE in this world...and the effort and time and avaliability of items have value...so yes...something that sold retail at botcon for $59 is not going to stay at $59.....

And thanks for the deal on the sharkticon set wipedout :) 

i really appreciate it....

10. Sound Blaster

Yea but your missing the point...Your including the price of these exclusives into funding that person's trip...That's like I could go to the store and pic something up for you and charge you what it cost me in gas,wear & tear on my car etc. along with shipping & handling,box used,plastic peanuts etc. don't get me wrong I've been to comic con etc. and I understand spending the $60 or whatever price exclusives are going for but charging 3-4 times for them when Botcon is still going on? maybe after it's over I can see but man at least wait a couple of days before being so obvious...And call me old school but I collect TF to KEEP you really don't make that much on reselling them unless you have a gem mint hard to find item...

11. Tirade

I think you are forgetting about Hotel costs. Those are not cheap. Plus if you had to fly out.....

If you have never been to BotCon before, you wouldn't understand. I was fortunate to be able to drive to BotCon 2009. That said, it was still an expensive road trip.

EDIT: I should also add, it's not just about the toys. BotCon is about the experience. In a perfect world, everyone would be able to keep all their convention toys. That doesn't happen. However, you can't take away the pictures and experience from those that went.

12. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Sound Blaster, it's called an economy. If others are willing to pay more than you are for something (say, because they had to work and couldn't make it to Botcon?) then they are more likely to get the item. It's nothing to be bitter about, that's just how things work.

I couldn't go to Botcon. I kinda want Clench. I'm not willing to pay the $100 they go for on ebay, but that's what they're going for. Either it'll pull a 2009 and go down in value (great) or it'll pull a 2007 and skyrocket. Flexible enough in a system where supply and demand drive prices.

It's not about scalping and whatever, it's about how much people that -didn't- get to go or -didn't- get the chance to buy the figures at the convention (sold out by the time they got up there in line, whatever) are willing to pay.

13. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    It's called demand.

If you wanted one that bad you should have made a deal with someone who was going.

14. Sound Blaster

I understand but the point is with alot of conventions (Comic Con,Bot Con,Joe Con etc.) is that alot of people mark them up because #1 people are crazy to pay the prices & #2 they think they are going to skyrocket and buy them before they get any higher. But you would be surprised of how many exclusives I found for cheaper if I waited (I could give examples but I won't)is just kills me that the people running the con's shows don't care about the fans as much as getting people to buy up all of the tickets to sell the shoe out..bottom line they only make these toys to bring people in and if they had made them more available then besidesthe shows they would make more money...It just doesn't make sense to see that they could make making most of the money if they had made more instead of giving it to the secondary market where they get 0.

I didn't want one (Maybe you should pay attention next time and read the whole thing)

15. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I know I've tried to teach you the whole "economy" thing in the past, so I went through some of your previous posts to supplement what I'm about to say.

Don't get pissed off every time someone is willing to sell something for more than they paid for it.

It's a fact of life. In fact, it's good business. Botcon/FunPub obviously isn't hurting or they wouldn't be able to do a convention, have their own exclusives through their store AND give away a figure to members -every year-. But they do. In fact, there's more convention exclusives at -one- Botcon now than there was at pretty much every Botcon from the 1990's combined.

I asked a few people at Botcon to keep an eye out for a certain rare figure in the dealer room. Not exclusive, not incredibly old, just rare. I told these particular people that I'd fully reimburse them for the figure and shipping to me PLUS I'd willingly pay them something for finding it (damn near 25% of the value of what I was looking for... It was a "here's cash and I'll mail you two in-demand figures I found"). Is that bad because they'd be making money by going to the convention? Or am I just out of luck because I'm not at the convention?

I think it was two Botcons ago... I bought something from someone at the convention, I got it in the mail before he even got home. Or something along those lines.
    Those people that couldn't make it are plenty willing to pay for that kind of speed, especially since it still guarantees the figure.
    Outside the boxset, of the figures released at Botcon this year... Sharkticons are the most plentiful, with 3000 non-Chinese-OMG-HOW-DARE-YOU-BUY-THAT-YOU-SCUM figures being sold. In sets of 3.
    However, people troop build things like Sharkticons, Energon Scouts, GI Joe BATs... Things like that. So for some people -at the convention even- the 3 Sharkticons they'll get -won't- be enough.
    All the other attendance figures exist in numbers closer to 1500 (not sure on a number for Slice, but if that's sold it's pure profit... I'll get there later). 1500 may not seem like a lot, but if there's 1501 people looking, someone isn't going to be willing to pay as much and then won't get the figure. Limited supply, decent demand, big prices. The world is a big place... Out of the almost 7 billion people, I'd say there's definitely at least 1501 looking for attendee exclusives. And I'd say there's definitely attendees that could use money.

As for Slice, that's a different thing entirely. Available only with attending (and buying the right package), it's a pure-profit sale. I personally (never been to Botcon, just going by what I know) haven't been interested in an attendee figure since 07, with "If I were there, I'd have kept it" interest in 09. [Had I attended] does that make me "bad" if I sold my attendee figure in 08 while I was still at the convention? No, it's -mine- and -I- can do whatever -I- want to do with it.

Point being, people are greedy. Not everyone is a scalper. Some people just need the money. That's life.

16. Sound Blaster

Trust me I know about "economy" just be honest here people are jacking the prices up because they can and MOST of them (Not all) are GREEDY...Just admit it the days are gone mostly when most people could get what they want for a decent price....And ask yourself this how many people would have gone to Botcon knowing that their was no freebies and nothing for sale just at Botcon...:confused: 

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Then why post in a sale thread when you dont.

18. Tirade

You keep missing the most important aspect of BotCon: the experience. While I was happy with the toys, I don't have them anymore. However, I treasure the photos and the memories from that trip far more than the toys.

19. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I'll go as soon as I can get there in a timely fashion, exclusives or not. I've enjoyed talking to every fan I've met around here and I'd love to meet more people that also enjoy the same hobby.

It's not a "jacked up" price if people are paying it. It's not like gas stations charging $9/gallon because all of Alabama was evacuated for a hurricane. That's a "jacked up" price for no reason other than "people need to leave" and "people need gas in order to do that". This is "people have toys" and "People with deep pockets want toys". Nothing "jacked up" about it. It's more than they paid. Fine. That comes with going to the convention and getting to experience everything and paying tourist trap prices for food and hotel costs and whatever.

So in reality, I'd be -saving- money if I bought what I wanted online. It's more than I'd pay at the convention, but less than I'd be paying overall.

Figure all the exclusives can be had for about $1000 including shipping.
    Hotel is at least $100/night... We'll say Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night, go back Sunday. $300.
    I live almost 1000 miles from the convention center if I drove... 2 days one way (2 more hotel nights, one each way) + 6 tanks of gas (@ $45/tank) = $470
    OR
    If I fly down, I'm a half tank of gas from the closest airport that flies to Florida... Plus I'd need to pay for parking for 5 days or whatever... Plus I'd need a ticket... And I'd probably try to sell stuff if I was there, so I'd need to check a bag... Figure once all is said and done, it'll be about the same as driving cost-wise.
    Plus I have to eat. For Tuesday through Monday if I drove. One cannot live at McDonald's alone, but I'll say $20/day in food because I don't do breakfast... $120
    Plus the box set and the cost of all 3 exclusive sets to the tune of another $500 or something because I'm not a member...

$1390 using my approximate round figures.
    And I'd miss work for a week. It's not an expense, but it sure doesn't help with anything.

So I'd be saving about $400 if it's just me.

20. Sound Blaster

I know that's the point I'm trying to make...Hello?

Why is it that I express reasons why "some" people go to cons just to make a buck while others go for the experience...(Read my last post before this)

"Ignore" It's E-Bay not a sale...