Botcon 2010 Ideas (with Digibashes)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by WhiteMocha, Jun 15, 2009.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Too early to start thinking about the next Botcon set? NEVER! Here are a few ideas I was batting around, and I figured I would make a thread for them. I tried to make the sets each fit a certain theme. Some of the following molds would NOT be my first choice for the characters.... however, I tried as best I could to follow the "rules" of a Botcon set (as I understand them):

-a box set consisting of mostly deluxes and one to two voyagers/ultras, with a minimum of two remolded heads
    -two souvenir packs containing three deluxes and one voyager/ultra, plus one more remolded head
    -no more than four remolded heads altogether between the box set and attendee figures
    -one deluxe-sized attendee freebie figure
    -all toys that are not currently on the shelves (thinking ahead to 2010, that shouldn't be a problem with most of these molds)
    -no molds that have previously been used by a Botcon set (this limited my choices considerably)
    -one deluxe-sized mold that is used twice in the set

Anyway, on the the sets.

Disclaimer: MOST PHOTOS BORROWED FROM SEIBERTRON.COM'S GALLERIES. ALSO, SOME OF THESE IDEAS WERE INSPIRED BY OR SIMILAR TO THOSE THAT OTHERS HAVE HAD IN THE KITBASH FORUM. WHEN POSSIBLE, I HAVE CREDITED AND PROVIDED LINKS TO THESE PEOPLE'S THREADS. MY APOLOGIES TO ANY I MAY HAVE MISSED.

Set #1: "Departure from Nebulos"

This set is centered around Headmasters, Powermasters, and Targetmasters who are leaving Nebulos and severing the bonds with their Nebulon partners. This would allow for a selection of those characters, but would also explain the lack of Nebulons; the only Nebulons present in the set would be recolors of the targetmaster from the Universe Cyclonus mold.

Box Set contents:
    -Artfire (from Universe Inferno)
    -Chromedome (from Universe Sideswipe)
    -Siren (from Energon Downshift; remolded head)
    -Skullcruncher (from Cybertron Beast Megatron; remolded head) inspiration by Giga Leo here
    -Triggerhappy and Blowpipe (from Universe Cyclonus; remolded head)

[​IMG]

Attendee Set #1 contents:
    -Scorponok (from Energon Scorponok, of course)
    -Sureshot (from Cybertron Hardtop)

Attendee Set #2 contents:
    -Crosshairs (from Cybertron Dirt Boss) inspiration from chansformers here
    -Slapdash (from Energon Prowl) inspiration from satomiblood here

Souvenir Freebie:
    -Needlenose and Sunbeam (from Universe Cyclonus; same remolded head as Triggerhappy)

[​IMG]

Set #2: "Mean Streets"

This would be a street-racing-themed set exclusively featuring figures with sports car and truck alt modes. It would add to the roster of Classics Stunticons with Dead End and Breakdown (as well as a couple other Decepticon ne'er-do-wells), and also provide new versions of some obscure Autobot cars who probably aren't likely to get a new toy otherwise. The conspicuous omission, as I'm sure folks will notice, is Motormaster. Honestly, I just couldn't think of a good voyager/ultra-sized mold that would do justice to him without massive remolding (or that hasn't been used for a previous Botcon fig). And while I would love to include a leader-class mold (say, Cybertron Optimus or RiD Magnus) there just isn't a precedent for it with FP-run Botcons yet. So the old Pretender Roadblock serves as the Decepticon leader in this set. Since Scamper is included, I'm thinking Metroplex could make a cameo in the comic.

Box Set contents:
    -Roadblock (from Universe Onslaught)
    -Dead End (from Universe Hotshot; remolded head)
    -Breakdown (from Universe Sideswipe)
    -Jackpot (from Universe Silverstreak; remolded head)
    -Windcharger (from Energon Downshift; remolded head)

[​IMG]

-Overload (from Energon Prime; remolded head)
    -Slicer (from Cybertron Downshift) inspiration from Ramrider here

-Backstreet (from Cybertron Override)
    -Ruckus (from Cybertron Dirt Boss)

Souvenir Freebie:
    -Scamper (from Universe Sunstreaker)

[​IMG]

Set #3: "Diaclone Returns"

Obviously I'm not the first to desire a Diaclone-based Botcon set, so this one is far from original. Unfortunately this set breaks some of the rules I explicitly cited above. It doesn't contain enough large figures, doesn't contain any head remolds, and uses many molds that have been used at previous Botcons. Given all that, I actually think this would make a better NON-Botcon set of some sort... maybe a TFCC exclusive or even a Hasbro/Takara-produced retro giftset. Nevertheless, I figured it was worth just posting for fun. Oh, and I deliberately used the tank Megatron as Black Megatron, even if the gun-mold would have been far more fitting; "adult collectible" or not, I don't think a Botcon set could get away with selling a black and brown toy handgun. :) 

Box Set contents:
    -Powered Convoy
    -Black Ironhide
    -Red Mirage
    -Black Sideswipe ("Deep Cover")
    -Blue Bluestreak

[​IMG]

-Black Megatron
    -Blue South American Bumblebee

-Diaclone Starscream ("Jet-Robo")
    -Police Sunstreaker (maybe "Clampdown," even though that character used the Sideswipe mold)

Souvenir Freebie:
    -Diaclone Grimlock (blue instead of red details)

[​IMG]

Set #4: "Generation Two"

Obviously, this is a G2-based set. I didn't end up incorporating Storm's suggestion of using Rotorstorm, though I think it was a great one; just ran out of figures. It turns out there are actually a great many G2 characters you could get by repainting AEC/Classics molds. I really wanted to get Jhiaxus in here somehow. I know many folks aren't fond of the Powerglide mold, but I think it works well as the "Seeker on Steroids" described on TFwiki.net. It left me unable to give Hooligan a remolded head, but I actually think the Thundercracker head works well with the name; it looks like a young punk hooligan. Oh, and the Hooligan and Clench ideas (while I gave them my own spin) were shamelessly borrowed from Blitz's excellent, similar Botcon digibash thread right here. I hope you don't mind, Blitz! They were such good ideas I felt they would really work well in a G2 set.

Oh, I know the Targetmasters Frenzy and Firecracker may seem like odd choices. They are based on the G2 Gobot versions of the characters, though, and I thought they worked because of their diminutive size. It's just a way to squeeze in a few more characters.

Box Set contents:

-Clench (from Universe Onslaught; remolded head)
    -Pyro (from Universe Tankor)
    -Turbofire (from Universe Hound)
    -Windbreaker (from Energon Downshift; remolded head)
    -Space Case (from Universe Cyclonus; remolded head)

[​IMG]

-Skram (from Universe Silverstreak)
    -Hooligan (from Cybertron Thundercracker)

-Jhiaxus (from Universe Powerglide; remolded head)
    -G2 Sideswipe (from Universe Sideswipe, of course)

Souvenir Freebie:

-Strafe (same remolded Universe Cyclonus as Space Case)

[​IMG]

Set #5: "Far From Home"

This is a set designed to bring into the G1 universe some characters who are more recent additions to the Transformers cast list (or overshadowed Gobots from long ago). The non-Gobots come from the Animated, Live Action Movie, Robots in Disguise, and Unicron Trilogy universes. I also did something a little different with this set. Using the "Sweeps" bonus set from 2009 as a precedent, I added a "bonus set" of re-colored Legends of Cybertron figures to this series of sets. Not sure how realistic that addition is, but I figured it would be fun nonetheless. I see the Legends figures as being split up between all the other sets, much like the Minicons were in the 2008 set.

Regarding the "story" of the set, the only G1 character included is the Micromaster Swindler; he is intended to be the link to the G1 universe. I figured the story could be something campy like:

Swindler is sent on a reconnaissance mission to a remote space bridge port. Upon his arrival, a fierce ion storm (or maybe a Decepticon attack) disrupts the bridge's teleportation circuits. The damaged bridge rips through dimensional boundaries, transporting into the G1 universe robots who have never existed there before.... yadda yadda yadda....

It's really just an excuse to retcon some more popular recent characters back into a G1 framework.

Box Set contents:

-Bulkhead (from Universe Onslaught; remolded head)
    -Lockdown (from Universe Sunstreaker; remolded head)
    -X-Brawn (from Universe Ironhide; remolded head)
    -Turbo and Cop-Tur (from Universe Hot Shot and Jolt)
    -Blackout (from Cybertron Evac)

[​IMG]

-Bad Boy (from Universe Powerglide)
    -Sky-Byte (from Energon Sharkticon) inspiration from Gryph right here.

-Slipstream and Laser Gun (from Universe Cyclonus and Nightstick; believe it or not, Laser Gun actually IS a Shockwave-esque Gobot)
    -Barricade (from Universe Prowl)

Souvenir Freebie:

-Armada Wheeljack with "healed" scar (from Universe Sidewipe; scar is healed and thus only painted on... kinda like unpolished primer. :) )

Bonus Legends Set contents:

-Guardian Pathfinder (from Legends Cosmos)
    -G1 Swindler (from Legends Rodimus)
    -Animated Wasp (from Legends Bumblebee)
    -Spychanger Hot Shot (from Legends Jazz; I kinda liked the dual Ricochet homage here, too)
    -Movie Wheelie (from Legends Wheelie)

[​IMG]

Set #6: "Gobots in Disguise"

Okay, so, I did a Gobots set after all. :p 

The exodus from the Gobots' crumbling universe continues! This time the refugees wind up in the universe of "Transformers: Animated." What will the addition of two new factions from an alternate universe do to alter the Autobot/Decepticon conflict?!? I guess we'll, uh... find out.

Anyhow, this set is pretty self-explanatory. One note: I guess it would actually, realistically, have to be a 2011 set, as the last few Animated figures (Blackout and Arcee) won't be coming out for a while and could conceivably break that "no toys currently on the shelves" Botcon rule.

Box Set contents:

-Leader-1 (from Starscream; remolded head)
    -Cy-Kill (from Oil Slick; NO remolded head, but I think it can still work with some clever paint)
    -Turbo (from Blurr; remolded head)
    -Crasher (from Arcee)
    -Small Foot (from Sentinel Prime; remolded head. Oh, and yes, she's a bit manly, but MOST female Gobots were.... so it's sort of tradition. :) )

[​IMG]

-Cop-Tur (from Blackout; remolded head; photo used with permission from tfgeek71's excellent review thread)
    -Baron Von Joy (from Jazz)

-Jeeper Creeper (from Swindle)
    -Night Ranger (from Prowl; okay, the original plan was to make Prowl into Scooter. But I couldn't do it. I couldn't take a cool mold like Prowl and make it into friggin' Scooter. It would have been a crime against toydom. So you get Night Ranger instead.... and Scooter gets the Legends Prowl mold as a consolation prize.)

Souvenir Freebie:

-Herr Fiend (from Jazz; maybe treated as an evil twin of Baron Von Joy? At the very least, he should be a new best friend for Blitzwing. :) )

Okay, so I did the Legends set thing again. Again, the idea would be to disperse these guys out through the other sets as little bonuses. It's a way to increase the cast roster a bit. But if they're not cost-effective, they're certainly expendable.

Legends Bonus Set contents:

-Scooter (from Legends Prowl)
    -Bugbite (from Legends Bumblebee)
    -Zero (from Legends Starscream)
    -Road Ranger (from Legends Prime)

[​IMG]

Set #7: "Capture of the Dinobots"

This set is a strange one.... it's sort of a "what if" set, in this case asking the questions "what if the Dinobots got re-formatted into vehicle modes?"

The story goes something like this: the Dinobots are captured and dismantled by Decepticon reptile-lover Iguanus (and his loyal troops, Snapdragon and a few members of the Dinoforce). Enamored of the Dinobots' stunning reptilian strength, he intends to use their combined, disassembled parts to build one multi-headed super-warrior (called only "The Beast"..... yes, it's a reference to what appears to be a very unpopular little corner of the Dinobots mythos; at least in this case it is not the Dinobots themselves that form it, but only their salvaged parts). The Dinobots are reduced to stripped-down chassis, but their sparks survive.

Rescue comes in the form of the tiny ex-Dinocassettes Noise and Graphy, as well as Snarl's ex-Targetmaster Tyrannitron (now in humanoid form). Small and nimble, they sneak into the junkyard where the Dinobots have been discarded and help them re-build their bodies with discarded Decepticon vehicle shells. Re-born as powerful vehicles, the Dinobots return to destroy The Beast and take their revenge on Iguanus.....

Box Set contents:

-Grimlock (from Universe Onslaught; remolded head) inspiration from frenzy_rumble here
    -Swoop (from Universe Cyclonus; remolded head)
    -Slag (from Armada Demolisher)
    -Snarl and Tyrannitron (from Universe Silverstreak and Nightstick)
    -Sludge (from Cybertron Mudflap)

[​IMG]

-Snapdragon (from Cybertron Beast Megatron; remolded head)
    -Iguanus (from Universe Dinobot)

-The Beast (from Cybertron Scourge)
    -Yokuryu (from Cybertron Brimstone)

Souvenir Freebie:

-Goryu (from Cybertron Beast Megatron; same remolded head as Snapdragon)

Minicon Bonus set (these would be split up among other sets, as in 2008):

-Noise (from Classics Terrorsaur)
    -Graphy (from Classics Swoop)
    -Kakuryu (from Classics Knockdown)

[​IMG]

Set #8: "Maccadam's Old Oil House"

This set takes place in the famous neutral watering hole of Cybertron, Maccadam's Old Oil House. Maccadam's is the favorite off-duty hangout of the Wreckers, and tonight Whirl is knocking back a few cold ones with tiny powerhouses Topspin and Twin Twist. Autobot/Decepticon factionalism is left at the door as thirsty bots mingle at the bar..... bots like the Constructicon Mixmaster, depressed after being left out of the Classics Devastator set (and, like his Animated counterpart, showing a real appreciation for fine oil)... or like Grumpy little minibot Gears, who looks to drown his sorrows while chatting up the barmaid (who looks an awful lot like a female version of himself and claims to be a refugee from a dying universe). Bouncer Doublepunch (retired from his days as a "Giant Decepticon Warrior") keeps lowlifes like Fang from starting trouble, while mercenary Devcon and his sidekick Slizardo meet their clients in the shadowy corners of the bar.

Watching over it all is the portly, jovial Bartender. He is always ready to offer friendly advice or a plate of fried energon sticks, and his loyalties are as neutral as his coloration. He even bartends in the next world, serving the sparks of departed Primes like Optimus Primal. Some say he is Maccadam himself, but when asked about it he just laughs and shakes his head....

Box Set contents:

-the Bartender (from Energon Prime; remolded head)
    -Mixmaster (from Cybertron Quickmix)
    -Whirl (from Energon Bulkhead)
    -Gears (from Armada Bendy Prime; remolded head)
    -Topspin (from Energon Skyblast)
    -Twin Twist (from Cybertron Scattorshot)

[​IMG]

-Devcon and Slizardo (from Universe Cyclonus; remolded head)
    -Primal's Spark (from Cybertron Beast Prime/Primal; cast in transparent plastic)

-Doublepunch (from Energon Scorponok)
    -Fang (from Cybertron Undermine)

Souvenir Freebie:

-Small Foot (from Armada Bendy Prime; same remolded head as Gears)

[​IMG]

Set #9: "Desert Juggernaut"

Along a lonely stretch of highway in the Southwest, the Decepticon Greasepit has tired of simply swindling humans on cross-country drives. He has begun assembling a crew of massive Decepticon tanks, with intent to sweep across the plains in a juggernaut of destruction. Catching wind of this plan from their Minispies, the Autobots mass a similar, opposing force of massive ground vehicles. The Autobots are assisted by the theoretician Skids, and their most powerful warrior is the massive Omega Spreem. When the two groups collide and do battle, the earth will tremble!

Essentially, I just wanted to do a set of heavy ground-based vehicles (and Ramhorn, who is notable for his unstoppable charging). Finally got a chance to include Omega Spreem in there, as well as bringing back the G1 Minispies in the form of Legends recolors (complete with rubsigns). I figure the rubsigns could be applied randomly, so that when you get your set you don't know whether you ended up with Autobot or Decepticon spies.... just like in the good old days!

Box Set contents:

-Omega Spreem (from Cybertron Menasor; remolded head)
    -Landfill (from Energon Demolisher; remolded head)
    -Greasepit (from Cybertron Dirt Boss; remolded head)
    -Skids (from Universe Ironhide)
    -Quake (from Classics deluxe Megatron)

[​IMG]

-Groundshaker (from Universe Onslaught; remolded head)
    -Ramhorn (from Cybertron Backstop)

-Skullgrin (from Cybertron Unicron)
    -Roughstuff (from Energon Snowcat)

Souvenir Freebie:

-Mudslinger (from Cybertron Dirt Boss; same remolded head as Greasepit)

Legends Bonus Set contents:

-Car-Type Minispy (from Legends Jazz)
    -Jeep-Type Minispy (from Legends Hound)
    -Buggy-Type Minispy (from Legends Beachcomber)

[​IMG]

Set #10: "Protect and Defend"

Okay, this one is pretty self-explanatory: it's an Animated Protectobot set. This broke my rules slightly, in that the Box Set contains only two head remolds (with the other two head remolds dispersed between the Attendee Sets); I thought about arranging it differently, but I really didn't want to split up the Protectobots. I compensated for the lack of a third head mold by putting three Voyager class figures in the box set.

I also tried to avoid the obvious a bit in this set, especially in regard to First Aid. Obviously Animated Ratchet is already an ambulance, and would make a natural choice. However, colored as First Aid that mold would barely look any different than Ratchet, and I worry that folks would feel cheated. For variety's sake, I used the Voyager Bulkhead mold instead and re-imagined First Aid as a sort of armored, heavy-duty "super-ambulance." Some folks may not like the choice, but I just wanted to do something a little different with the character.

For Flywheels, I only remolded his helmet, but left Blitzwing's 3-way face. According to his bio Flywheels IS a multiple personality, so it seemed silly to change this. Also, his "Ahnold" face already bears quite a strong resemblance to Flywheels' original head sculpt. So I figured the blocky helmet would be enough to distinguish him from Blitzwing.

As for the Decepticon lineup, I tried to pick characters that would complement and provide worthy adversaries to the Protectobots. So you've got Runamuck and Runabout, battling it out on the highways with Streetwise and Groove.... Venom attacking humans who are assisted by First Aid.... Flywheels making things hard for Blades in the skies.... and finally the pyromaniac Cindersaur lighting fires for Hot Spot to extinguish. I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with how well stubby little Snarl works as Cindersaur. He's short and stubby and he even has pop-out flames!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Box Set contents:

-Hot Zone/Spot (from Voyager Optimus)
    -Streetwise (from Rodimus)
    -Groove (from Prowl)
    -Blades (from Blackout; remolded head)
    -First Aid (from Voyager Bulkhead; remolded head)

[​IMG]

-Runamuck (from Lockdown; remolded head)
    -Venom (from Waspinator)

-Flywheels (from Blitzwing; remolded helmet)
    -Cindersaur (from Snarl)

Souvenir Freebie:

-Runabout (from Lockdown; same remolded head as Runamuck)

[​IMG]

Set #11: "Surf & Turf"

Long ago on Cybertron the talented architect Fortress and his assistants, Cog and Cerebros, were commissioned to build a secret battle station on the the shores of the Rust Sea. He befriended the local beach bums, the Autobot thrill-seekers Joyride, Override, and Rumbler. All was going well until the Decepticon outcast Blot stumbled upon the construction. Positive that a successful strike on an Autobot site would win him favor with the Decepticon leadership, he enlisted the help of the denizens of the Rust Sea. Snaptrap, the Butcher of the Bogs, led his strike team in a vicious assault on the uncompleted battle station. Fortress was badly damaged, near death, and as a last resort attempted to meld his spark with the station itself...

Box Set contents:

-Fortress (from Cybertron Mudflap; remolded head)
    -Snaptrap (from Universe Onslaught; remolded head)
    -Cerebros (from Cybertron Hardtop)
    -Cog (from Cybertron Scattorshot)
    -Overbite (from Energon Sharkticon; remolded head)
    -Nautilator (from Cybertron Shortround)

[​IMG]

-Blot (from Energon Snowcat)
    -Rumbler (from Cybertron Dirt Boss)

-Joyride (from Energon Cliffjumper; remolded head)
    -Override (from Cybertron Lugnutz)

Freebie Souvenir:

-Rippersnapper (from Energon Sharkticon; same remolded head as Overbite)

[​IMG]

Set #12: "Brave New World"

A lost colony of Autobots and Decepticons wages their own private war... unaware that even in destruction, their sparks will be re-incarnated on Earth.

Okay, obviously this is a Brave set. And depending on trademark issues, none of these names might actually be allowed. In that case, it would be a chance to come up with some clever homage names that avoid stepping on another franchise's toes. Essentially it's a way to shoehorn a handful of Brave characters into the Transformers universe.

I also used some somewhat... unpopular molds in this set. Namely the Energon dinobots. I did so because a) I hadn't used them before, and I wanted to use a few molds I hadn't yet digibashed and b) as mediocre as I've heard they are (never seen 'em in person) their combination gimmick suits a Brave set. And Swoop is already almost a spitting image of Pterageist, seeing as how they were both based on G1 Swoop. Thundergeist is originally an Apatosaurus based on Sludge, but I swapped him out with Grimlock in this set. The name still seemed to fit. Oh, and the combination gimmick is also the reason I included Horyu and Enryu, despite the fact that Enryu is red and thus doesn't look too different from his source mold. Hopefully the new head makes up for that to a degree.

Oh, one final disclaimer: I am by no means an expert on Brave. It's still mostly an unknown franchise to me, so I muscled/faked my way through this set with the invaluable help of this thread. Thank you soooo much to Chaos Muffin and the other folks for creating and contributing to that thread. To those of you who DO know Brave well, my apologies if this set is missing key characters..... or simply missing the point!

Box Set contents:

-Exkaiser (from Cybertron Wing Saber; remolded head)
    -Captain Shark (from Energon Sharkticon; remolded head)
    -Horyu (from Energon Roadblock; remolded head)
    -Granbird (from Classics Astrotrain... maybe his train mode could be nicknamed "Raker?")
    -Guard Star (from Universe Prowl)

[​IMG]

-Dinogeist (from Cybertron Scourge; remolded head)
    -Pterageist (from Energon Swoop)

-Zazorigun (from Energon Scorponok)
    -Thundergeist (from Energon Grimlock)

Souvenir Freebie:

-Enryu (from Energon Inferno; same remolded head as Horyu)

[​IMG]

Set #13: "Paradron Regained"

This set takes place about five years after the events of Animated; without Megatron or Starscream, the Decepticons have mostly abandoned Earth, and a new contingent of Autobots has been transferred there to make sure they don't come back.

The Autobots of Paradron probably should have known better than to trust their new Communications officer. Even looking past his peculiar vocal processor, they might have at least become suspicious of the ill-tempered robotic bird that he kept as a pet. But far-away Paradron was so isolated that it barely remembered what a Decepticon was, or that their race had ever been at war. It was all too easy for the new arrival (a refugee from distant Earth whom the Paradron medics nursed back to health) to install himself in a prominent position in the planetary Communications department. From his post he broadcast a message to any nearby Decepticons that Paradron was ripe for the taking.... and Straxus responded. Straxus, grown from the same protoform mold as the warlord Megatron, shared his mold-mate's thirst for conquest. With his lieutenant Snare, Straxus had taken control of Paradron before they knew what hit them. Several of the Paradronians... Sandstorm, Hound, Scorch, and Lightspeed... formed a resistance cell of sorts to undermine Straxus' rule. But after deca-cycles of peace, they were ill-suited for strategy and combat. The tide didn't turn until the arrival of two battle-hardened Earth Autobots, Trailbreaker and Ricochet, who had intercepted the Communicator's broadcast and had raced across the stars to assist their long-lost cousins...

Box Set contents:

-Sandstorm (from Blackout; remolded head)
    -Trailbreaker (from Ratchet; remolded head)
    -Hound (from Swindle; remolded head)
    -Communicator and Buzzsaw (from Soundwave and Laserbeak)
    -Paradron Medic (from Arcee)

[​IMG]

-Straxus (from Voyager Megatron; remolded head)
    -Lightspeed (from Blurr)

-Snare (from Starscream)
    -Ricochet (from Jazz)

Souvenir Freebie:

-Scorch (from Ratchet; same remolded head as Trailbreaker)

[​IMG]

Set #14: "Reinforcements From Cybertron"

This set also takes place a few years after the events of Animated....

After the capture of Megatron and death of Starscream, the Decepticon threat on Earth seemed much diminished. However, while Starscream was dead, he was far from gone. Prolonged contact with the Allspark shard had caused his spark to expand beyond his physical form, leaving an echo on the environment even after his body ceased functioning. Now he is trapped on Earth, an intangible ghost seeking a new body. He found the perfect candidate in Guiltaur... a sparkless, human-built Transformer created by Sumdac competitor Quintesson Cybernetics. Guiltaur's design is based on illegally-obtained scans of both Prime and Megatron, and built on a frame based on the Decepticon Swindle (whom Quintesson Cybernetics researchers had a chance to study while he was impounded by the Detroit Police Department). His primitive A.I., however, was all too easy for Starscream's ghost to overpower. Installed in his new body, Starscream recruited a trio of monstrous Decepticon thugs... Squeezeplay, Gnaw, and Cutthroat... and began a series of vicious raids on Earth cities. The Autobots were spread too thin to effectively fight off every raid, so Optimus Prime sent a request to Ultra Magnus.... they needed reinforcements from Cybertron! Magnus obliged, sending a shipful of new Autobots to be stationed on Earth: the strategist Overdrive, computer programmer Chromedome, the diminutive strong-bot Brawn (along with a stowaway he had picked up off-planet, a peculiar robotic bat named Nightscream), and a squad of Cybertron's police force, the Autotroopers. En route to Earth they also encountered Smokescreen, a once-proud cyber-samurai now on the run from gambling debts. Joining forces with Optimus' Earth troops, these new additions helped defend against Starscream's gang.

Oh, incidentally, for this set I followed the 2009 model, which had three attendee sets (with the Autotrooper 3-pack being analogous to the Sweeps set).

Box Set contents:

-Guiltaur (from Swindle; remolded head)
    -Brawn and Nightscream (from Soundwave and Ratbat)
    -Checkpoint, Autotrooper Captain (from Cybertronian Ratchet; remolded head)
    -Gnaw (from Voyager Bulkhead)
    -Overdrive (from Jazz)

[​IMG]

-Ghost of Starscream (from Starscream, molded in transparent plastic)
    -Smokescreen (from Samurai Prowl)

-Squeezeplay (from Lugnut; remolded head)
    -Chromedome (from Rodimus)

Attendee Set #3 contents:

-3 Autotrooper patrol-bots

Souvenir Freebie:

-Cutthroat (from Swoop)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway, that's all I've digibashed for now. I have a few other ideas I'd like to get to as well; I may edit this post later and add them, if I ever get to them.

Comments/critiques/insults are welcome.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, love the Nebulon set, concept and designs. :thumb 

3. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

I love the triggerhappy i want to make one now ><

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All three sets are very cool ideas. I'd like to see the Diaclone set followed by the Nebulos set. Though, with the Diaclone set, the Starscream doesn't seem like it could happened, since we just got the 25th Anniversary repaint version at retail. Maybe repaint Energon Shockblast/wave into Astro Magnum colors? Not really a diaclone, but fits the theme of pre-transformer brand colors. :) 

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah I'd be all over any of these.

6. WhiteMocha

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, I appreciate it! :) 

Venksta, you're totally right, Diaclone Starscream is pretty redundant given the Universe repaint. Frankly, I'm not too happy with my choice of a blue-detailed Grimlock, either... it just seems too close to the original release.

A silver "Astro Magnum" Shockblast is a great alternative idea. I might try to bash that at some point and throw it up there. Thanks for the suggestion! That also makes me think a Cybertron Menasor with a new head, done in pre-TF Omega Supreme colors, might fit the bill as well. Or Classics Jetfire as a Macross jet..... if not for the sticky legal ownership issues. :) 

Anyhow, thanks again for looking, everyone!

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I liked the second set the best, although when you bring up Energon Prime as a possible mold to be retooled, I take it you're refering to the Deluxe class and not the larger on with the drones?

Regardless, all three sets are excelently thought out...except I noticed you don't have a "customization class" figure for any of them. I know the customization figure technicaly shouldn't be announced to anyone until the actual class, and THEN only to the attendees to that class, but since these are only theoretical sets, I feel that the inclusion of cutsomization class figures would make the ideas even better.

Take for instance the second set, I feel that maybe a Shattered Glass Dragstrip or Wildrider would work excelently as the custom class toy, since it both fits the theme of the cannon set AND goes with the idea from the previous two custom toys (SG Nightbeat and SG Thunderclash, both evil Autobots, so let's have a good Decepticon!)

8. WhiteMocha

Ohhh, great call, I completely forgot about the customization figures! I'll have to whip some of those up and add them. I like your idea of SG Decepticons.... I was a big fan of the SG set and would definitely like to see it continued in some fashion.

As for Overload, you know, I was actually using the larger Energon Prime as a base. But you're absolutely right, that one comes with those drones and the trailer. That might take it out of the running, I guess, if all those parts are molded as a group. Or maybe, if the budget allowed for the trailer as well, the drones could be painted up like other Micromasters. I don't know... I may have to put some more thought into a good voyager-sized add-on figure for that set.

Thanks for the ideas!

9. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, love every one of those, and will probably make a few :D  with the sole exception of Slapdash, and thats just cuz i really hate that mold. Everything else is pure win. :thumb 

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Hey, I'm glad to be helpful:thumbs2:  As for the big Energon Prime mold, I'd recomend against it since it only truly shines with Energon Wing Saber (who is still very hard to find) and the trailer just becomes storage for the drones in alt mode.

Although since you're in the market for a toy around the big Energon Prime's size, I say drop Overload...and go for Trailbreaker! (who hasn't gotten a new mold toy since G1!) Alot of people have made their own Trailbreakers from the Marvel Crossovers Wolverine figure here on Radicons, and since I just so happen to be customizing BOTH Leader Energon Prime and a Marvel X-overs Wolverine at the same time, they're roughly around the same size. I don't know if the Wolverine mold could be used as an exclusive since the mold was intended to be jointly owned by Marvel (it's their character), but all that's needed is a new head and paint job to get the toy to look nothing LIKE Wolverine (which I'm doing for my own unique character; a deep-south redneck Decepticon mudwrestler who will finally do justice to the name Mudflap), so it's a maybe.

11. Tom-1

Tom-1 Well-Known Member

Very creative! I was dissapointed when I reached the bottom, because it was over XD

Tom

12. WhiteMocha

Haha, thanks guys! I'm glad folks are enjoying them. Like I said, I have two or three others I'd like to toss up here at some point. It's kind of a fun puzzle.... figuring out which molds are available and what you could do with them.

To Burnout, yeah, I'm definitely in favor of a Wolverine-to-Trailbreaker conversion. The mold is pretty darn perfect for it. I plan to do one myself as soon as that black Wolverine repaint is released. However, as you mentioned, I don't believe the crossovers molds are available for Botcon use. Just like with the movie molds, it is a question of dual license ownership. Which is too bad, because there are lots of great characters you could do by remolding some of those crossovers figures.

Anyhow, I'll come up with another good voyager to throw in the mix for the second set. I did a digibash of Cybertron Mudflap as Hauler a while back, maybe that would work. Or some sort of Universe Inferno repaint.

Thanks again!

13. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the Nebulous set. The diaclone one I can see fans going for pretransformer reasons but other than that it doesn't excite me (the police sunstreaker especially, (turn red alert the other way round and you'll see it just looks too bland.)

Bit more green on scorponok to contrast the purple and the set is pretty damn good. Pity there's not really any mould that could stand in for mindwipe. An Apeface from cybertron/BW10th Primal could also work well.

For the G2 set what would you put in (I did a repaint of Sideswipe into his G2 collours just after christmas and it does look good. legends Bumblebee done shiny and European exclusive end of G1 figures could also easily fit in (the prowl mould works fantastically for flash and Bulkhead with a new face could pass for Rotorstorm.)

14. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude these are some really awesome things youve come up with! i would buy the hell out of any of those!!

15. mr_soundwave

mr_soundwave operation: tidalwave

i think something like the mean streets is needed...but a motormaster would help tie it together...great looking sets, all of them :) 

16. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    i actully really like the first set!
    it has inspired me to do my own Classics Triggerhappy & Skullcruncher!!! :D 
    They all look amazing, but the first set i loveeee the most :thumb 

17. Pepsiman98

Pepsiman98 Consulting Criminal

you know what would rock? if the 2010 box set was titled: "ReAnimated" using never before seen animated molds, and hasbro announcing the return of animated! ahhhh...
    now i wait for hasbro to crush that fantasy.

18. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I'm lovin the Diaclone returns set. The color work well on those molds. Set 1 also has some winners. Chromedome!

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  20. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

There's some astonishing inspiration there. The Scamper in particular rocks my socks.