BotCon 2010 Exclusive Rapido Tech Specs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or is it that most if not all of the G2 Redux file cards have the same error where their graphs and numbers don't match up?

But yes, it's true. Rapido's 1993 numbers probably come from his UK counterpart where in spite of Prime and Megatron (or Pyro and Clench) being the big leaders, every minor unit commander (like Hot Spot or Goldbug for example) gets a Rank of 10 like they're a part of Autobot High Command. Overall, many of these UK-based techspecs have exaggerated tech spec stats. (Windbreaker has a Speed of 10 and an overblown description of his ability -- being fast -- in spite of the fact that confirmed super-speedster Blurr only had a 7.)

2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have to agree with that. Sure, it's a funny joke, but the whole point of printing a bio card is to READ it. If it's printed in a language I don't read, I can't READ it.

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cool. Thanks, Pete!

Why be grumpy about this? I thought it was a great touch for the character. As I was looking over the toys on Thursday night and came to his card, I was very pleasantly surprised. I suppose it helped that I could read about 90% of it, and work out the rest by context. But still, it said that the English version would be available; a week later, it is.

FunPub takes some flak for BotCon not being terribly international, even though the Club is supposed to be. Now this year ONE bio card is in another language, and they get grief about it. Ya gotta love fandoms.

4. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Man, I can't remember the last time I read a good tech spec bio. :(  Now it's either perfect characters or characters that hate other characters.

The spanish thing is actually pretty funny, though.

5. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Did anyone else notice they put the extra Rapido sets up on the club site?

6. tf_4_lyf

tf_4_lyf Deceptibot

News Credits:
    is it just my copy or did the graph thing on my tech specs for rapido get everything totally wrong.
    it has 6 blocks for things that are supposed to be 8 and 9 blocks instead of 10.

7. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ I mentioned that earlier in this very thread. At least one of the Sharkticons had a goofed-up graph, too.

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's be fair...that's a problem with Blurr's tech spec.

Although when you think about it, all of the jet or spaceship characters should be faster than Blurr. At least in G1...Animated Blurr's abilities didn't even begin to make sense, lol.