botcon 2010 double punch does not have a g2 decepticon symbol?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1_Cindersaur, Jul 22, 2010.

1. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    I was taking a gander at mine tonite and cannot find one...any one have any idea why FP would leave one off since the botcon set was g2 themed?

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    In the BotCon comic, it had something to do with the Large Hadron Collider creating a small black hole where multiple continuities came together.

Or something.

....It may have just taken place during the transition between G1 and G2, Spark is handing Streetstar a stack of G2 emblems in the last panel.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  3. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    cool. thanks for posting that...i got mine off ebay..did not get the comic...i thought maybe something was wierd since the other con's have the g2 styled symbol.

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe the symbol isn't there because Double Punch isn't an Earth-born G2 'Con. His bio card talks about his time in the gladiatorial pits on Cybertron, which predates the entire Great War.

5. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Yeah just like the original Double Punch, he's not a G2 Decepticon but the transition between USA G1 and USA G2, so he has a normal Decepticon symbol.

Same goes for Scorch, the Sharkticons, and Slicer.

Randy

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like others have said, he's not really G2. Neither is Slicer.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Before the Con, people were nitpicking that half the set "wasn't really from G2." But, it turns out FunPub was completely aware of that, because the characters that weren't released during G2 ended up without symbols in the set. This was also explained in the storyline itself as "the guys who weren't created on Earth/weren't exposed to Forestonite" didn't get the symbols (Streetwise got the forestonite and was given a G2 symbol at the end of the comic, Scorch wasn't I guess). And, to top it all off, the Energon Scorponok mold has the normal Decepticon symbol molded in, so having him with both symbols might not've been what they wanted.

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Doublepunch is not a G2 figure. He's a european exclusive supreme action master figure and was out at about the same time as turbomasters and predators which were released in Europe as part of the G1.