BotCon 2010 & Dion Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Th0r4z1n3, May 6, 2010.

1. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    Sorry, it was the other way round. I can't remember which year exactly but because they felt that too many non-attendee sets were being bought they stopped non-attendee registration to allow more attendees to register. I don't have a problem with that idea but I think that an amount should be set aside for non-attendees. Once that amount is used up then non-attendee sets stop unless not all of the attendee packages sell out. The email though suggests that non-attendees will only get to register if attendees haven't bought all of the packages otherwise there's no point ot the staggering.

2. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So does that mean they already have the Botcon toys? If not it would only take another 1 or 2 weeks delay for them to not be on hand at the convention.:eek: 

If they are already on hand, I have to ask, why is it they can be done to schedule but the club toys keep be delayed for one reason or another. PCP at least appears to have been well into developement 12 months ago as the art work was shown and they must have been confident of getting it done as they wouldn't show the other figure because they weren't sure.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

You think this has afected shipping to Europe too? I havenĀ“t seen any new Deluxes or Voyagers... No Long Hauls for example.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Its entirely possible they had to make a call and choose to get the Botcon toys shipped now so they would get them on time and delay the Dions as they weren't as time sensitive, because i could see a near riot at Botcon if the sets had not arrived in time.

5. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No not daily, but at some point prior to Joecon FP must have know it wasn't going to happen before then. That could have been announced. They took the time to tell us to stop emailing them, but not the time to say clarify a timeframe it wouldn't happen. Even if the beta test ended up being ready before or during Joecon everyone could have taken a break from waiting for it.

No this isn't telling us when it is, just when it isn't. Every year we've been given almost no warning. After the brochure became available its just a case of frequent checking of emails and the botcon site. Last year club members were sent an email giving them 30 minutes headstart, thats the few minutes warning I was referring to. And I don't mind that when its been within a week of the brochure I'll give up a few evening if I want to get in to the custom class. But this year its been three weeks of checking because they failed to say what they must have know, that it wasn't going to happen before Joecon.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's the incident I'm remembering. I thought it was last year. But maybe it was 2008.

Yep, I completely agree with this.

I just can't see them doing this without rioting. Sure, it's not fair to allow stores like BBTS to buy up dozens of non-attending sets purely to resell for profit. But I legitimately can't go this year, I want one non-attending set that I intend to keep, and I'm a member of the club. If I'm flat-out not allowed to get a set this year, well, FunPub will be hearing from me. And a lot of other non-attendees as well, I'd expect.

7. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder if Dion is hanging out with Animated Arcee and Human Alliance Mudflap.

Last year they stopped the non-attending package. I bought an extra Primus package for someone who missed the cutoff.

BBTS doesn't buy non-attending. BBTS is at the convention and has 10 dealer's table. They buy the attending package to get the freebie (Rapido?).

I seriously doubt that they will sell out in a week.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only issue is people that buy 20 Primus packages. I think they should limit Primus packages to one per person before putting a delay on non-attendee ones. Maybe 3 tiers: week one - Primus only limit one per person, week two - non-attendee limit one per person, week three - additional quantities, no limit. This way the Primus ones don't run out, and club members can still get their shot before people that are obviously resellng them get them.

9. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I got to say why don't they stop being cheap and air ship them, its not like its a mass release its in limited numbers

10. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ It's limited, yes, but it's still a few hundred to a few thousand each of 10+ toys. Changing from surface to air freight would be a substantial increase in their costs, and therefore in ours.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Bring it on, FP. I'm ready to order.

Just don't screw it all up.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    OK so I don't blame the shops or Hasbro for no new Transformers in the UK between October 2009 and until the scouts came out in late April 2010.

I blame the International Seafreight industry....

Ok so that's clear then.

13. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    Well, no-one from Botcon has offered any clarification yet on if any sets are being put aside for non-attendees or if that they all sell to attendees first then there won't be any Iacon packages.

I'd also like to know why they're delaying printed forms as not everyone will want to register over the Internet.

14. Specimen-17

Specimen-17 Well-Known Member

Because FP are making another $10 for everyone that uses the online registration, and many attendees don't want to use the online system because it looks like it was made by someone who was learning to code as the built it, and don't trust it to put their credit card info into.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, what? Another $10?

16. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Yup, the extra $10 is a online "convenience" fee.

Did anybody else get this e-mail from Brian way after the original poster of this thread did. I didn't get the Botcon update e-mail till late last night. Was it because I use yahoo.com for my e-mail or does the club send e-mails out in batches?

17. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    It's because the TF: Animated line is cursed.

18. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    This is the truth. There's a part of me that wants to register the second it goes live, but another part of me that wants to wait while the smoke clears.

***FYI, I'm registering a Protoform package (full attendance but no toys).***

19. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got home and read the e-mail. I don't think it is fair for attendees to be able to register first. This is the first year I am able to afford the toys and I don't want to miss out. Call me a douche but, I may just register as a Primus package and not show up. I'll still get my figures and not have to "hope" there are enough Iacon packages.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    In regards to Dion the issues are understandable but this whole thing with the registration is ridicules. As a professional outfit FunPub should be completely embarrassed by all this as there are fan run conventions out there that are a heck of a lot bigger then Botcon who dont have near the amount of issues Botcon seems to have. I mean how hard is it to just make registration part of the club store? They dont seem to have any issues taking orders for the collectors club on it so how hard could putting up Botcon registration on there?