BotCon 2010 & Dion Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Th0r4z1n3, May 6, 2010.

1. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just got this email from Brian at TFCC

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hope it does get up next week. Regarding what he said about Dion, maybe that's why I've I can't find much and it's not scalpers(at least not entirely).

3. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Well...that is nice for those who are going...depending on the supply I suppose. I guess that means we should be seeing more pics soon

4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Mildly off-topic, but I wonder if that's why I still haven't seen TRU restock their Arcees since the scalpers swept away the first batch. I remember looking for Countdown and Darkwind for a good couple of months after they first started to appear, with little success, but they can't get rid of them now. I was kind of hoping for something similar with the Animated toys. But no, a good couple of months later, it's still either nothing (Animated, that is) on the shelves, or a near-wall of Ratchets with no Arcees to go with them....

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Was just coming her to post this. I'm mildly annoyed that the non-attendees have to wait a week. I get why they're doing it; the people who actually go to the convention -are- their first priority. And if I remember the last 2 years, they actually had to cut off the non-attendee package cos it was selling out too fast. And that's fine, but that means they at least had the chance to register -before- getting cut off.

This Botcon set is the purchase I've been most looking forward to this year, and this would be the first year I'd be able to buy it at Convention price instead of scrounging ebay for it. Now, I'm probably over-reacting, it probably won't sell out in a week, but let's not forget about the Counterpunch incident, eh?

6. Lone_Decepticon

Lone_Decepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you Abrogate. Hmmm... I wonder if anyone attending the show would be willing to pick me up a set if I sent them the money?

7. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I can understand you'd be disappointed, if the set is going to sell out then his seems the fairest option. A week gives everyone who's going time to register, if sets are left after that, then great sell em to who wants them.

8. mrduce1018

mrduce1018 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that giving those that are actually going to the convention a weeks headstart is fair and it will serve as a way to unclog the system. If you are a non-attende then there should be no problem waiting a week to order your package.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I agree, but I still don't like it :p 

10. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I gotta say, I think it's fucking awesome that they explain why things are running slow on the Dion delivery.

I've got my computers all tuned up and ready to go so I can register ASAP once that thing goes live. Very excited.

11. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    I don't really see why attendees need a weeks headstart on non-attendees. If attendees want to get a Primus package, they'll register as soon as registration opens. If I don't get the opportunity to buy a non-attendee package because the exclusives sell out in the first week then I won't be renewing my international membership. With 6 years of lack-lustre club freebies and a severe lack of club exclusives, losing out on a non-attendee package means I may as well save myself $90 per year.

12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a non-attendee, I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me a little nervous. But they do set aside a percentage of the boxsets for non-attendees, right? I can easily see the attendee packages selling out in a week, but there should still be lots of packages allocated to the non-attendees. Even if the attendee sets sell out in, say, four days and FunPub reallocates, they won't reallocate ALL the non-attendee sets... right?

13. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm going and I'd be mighty pissed if I couldn't get a set due to too many non-attendee sets being sold.

14. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    If that were the case there would be no reason to not have non-attendee packages available right from the start. I suspect that the reality is that if they sell all of the exclusives as Primus packages then they won't offer non-attendee packages.

15. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I'm actually okay with them staggering the option to register as a non-attendee. I'll have been paid again by then, at the very least. Now... here's hoping they still have sets *left* for the non-attendees by the time they open it up.

16. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To repeat what I wrote elsewhere.

I refuse to thank them for this, they've been telling us registration was coming for over two months and by refusing to provide more than a few minutes warning if it was begun, have forced many of us to waste a large chunk of our spare time over those 2 plus months. No way Im thanking them for three nights off.

We should have had this kind of update on any and all delays all along.

17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That... would be unfortunate. For them.

But as I remember last year, FunPub said the non-attending sets sold out very quickly while the attending sets were selling more slowly, so they reallocated some attending sets to non-attending sets. It wouldn't be fair to sell all of the sets to attendees and leave none for the nons, any more than the opposite would be fair.

18. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another benefit of it being staggered is there won't be as many people slamming the system the second it goes live, so hopefully it will be able to handle the load.

Anyways, I'll be sitting at work all week hitting F5 in anticipation.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    makes sense for the container ships and good for them to update , I can't attend Botcon as its too far away and id not be able to cover all costs and have cash left for figures. hopefully next year it will be considerably closer to me so i can find a way to make it possible for me to attend and get the whole experience.

20. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    You really expect them to provide an update every day for the last 2 months? Yeah, that wouldn't be a HUGE waste of anyone's time at all. No sir.

And last I checked, this is not a few minute warning. It's a full 4 days heads up about a possible Monday go-live. Why is this a problem? Have you been sitting at the Botcon website hitting refresh every minute for the last 2 months? I guess that would explain how you wasted your own time...