Botcon 2010 Bonus Figure Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CookSux, Apr 9, 2010.

1. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since Botcon is right around the corner, and we still haven't heard much word about it all... I figure why not keep it all fresh and play the guessing game.

I used the search function and couldn't find anything similar, so here's my swing at a potential "wish list" for the upcoming Botcon exclusives. But just in case, to deviate from guessing what's included in the boxset, prime baggie and freebie figure (which will all tie into G2), what about the bonus figures?

Last year we had Razorclaw + Elita 1, and depending on how you look at it, the Sweeps (granted they were related to the main set).

If we stick to the Decepticon + Autobot combo here's my predictions...

Metalhawk + Hooligan. Both from the current Autobot guard stories... and Metalhawk (like most customs) could just be Cyclonus with a new head. Hooligan just a repainted Energon Starscream.

The other options would be Over-Run and another G2 jet I suppose.

Mods, feel free to lock the thread if irrelevant.

2. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    We might get all 5 G2 Stunticons interspersed through the boxset & bonus figures (Motormaster from Voyager OP, Dead End from Bluestreak, Wildrider from Hot Rod & Drag Strip from Mirage of course - all with new heads). Those repaints all seem very feasible - & would probably increase overall interest in this year's figures as well... :) 

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I really hope not. Breakdown made sense considering Botcon's history, but the rest of those figures never saw release. Add to that they're all just G1 characters in the insane G2 decos I love, I feel that any more Stunticons would be a waste. There's plenty of characters that exist only in the G2 line that could be done with this Botcon set without including some G1 character in new clothes.

4. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    2006, 2008, and 2009 had one Leader in the box set, and his opposition in one of the add-ons. I figure Clench/Colossus is a shoo-in this year.

I really think (hope) the Classics Hound -> Ironfist idea is a strong possibility, either in the box or as an add-on. I think we'll probably get at least one each of an Axelerator (Rapido strongly rumored), Aquaspeeder and/or Stormtrooper, Skyraider, and Turbomaster in there somewhere, too.

Hoping there'll be another box set reveal tomorrow!

5. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I hope to see a G2 Black Sideswipe. :drool: 

6. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Other reasons why this is unlikely:
    1) They don't combine anyway, so what's the point
    2) Voyager OP as Motormaster... as good of an idea as it could be to some people, would be not too different from Nemesis Prime, and not only that... Botcon 2008 had Shattered Glass Prime, which is still fetching top dollar on the secondary market. FP wouldn't cut themselves short and redo ANOTHER repaint on a mold that was an exclusive the year before (or am I crazy?)

I too wish Ironfist would be a choice, especially since he's a main character in their current comic story... and is a very likely candidate.

I doubt they'll release a SG figure for their add-on, especially since SG Cyclonus is a TFCC exclusive this year. Although I can see a evac repaint as SG Galvatron to be a companion piece to Cyclonus. Honestly, with what little SG toys as I have myself, I don't care to have the little spots available on an alternate mirror dimension.

The classics Timelines storyline from two years ago doesn't have any remaining figures that need toys (unless they want to redeco the Dinobot Action Masters)...

So that leaves us with a throwback to last year's Autobot Guard theme and current magazine story.

7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone think there'll be three souvenir sets this year? Maybe one set of Legends figures, or one Legends figure in each of the three sets?

8. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

I think it's gonna have one of every combiner. g2 breakdown, G2 silverbolt, g2 onslaught and i think classic ratchet or prowl for g2 first aid, streetwise.

9. fisch

fisch In a room...WITH A MOOSE!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could see them using the Onslaught/Hardhead mold for Clench/Colossus, or it may just be a Prime/Magnus repaint again.

Rapido has been rumored by who has posted quite a bit of news for us, but I have a feeling he will be the attendee fig.

I cant believe they wouldn't include Purple Ramjet and Blue Grimlock somewhere this year. They are a couple of the most recognizable G2 figs, but we shall see.

10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been wondering if they might use the Universe Onslaught mold for a G2 Megatron. I know the alt mode doesn't match, but I think the robot mode would look awesome in green & purple camo with a nice new Megatron head.

Seeing Rapido as early as we did, I've always just assumed he's in the boxset.

I'm still hoping AGAINST purple Ramjet and blue Grimlock (I don't support re-using molds from past years), but I didn't think we'd get Breakdown either and there he is. I could be happy with purple Ramjet, but not blue Grimlock. Make of that what you will.

11. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about one souvenir set including repaints of the Energon Powerlinx Dinobots as G2 Blue and/or Turquoise Grimlock, and Swoop in the prototype (unreleased) neon blue and green colors? Those molds haven't been used yet, and while they aren't up to classics standards, they really aren't terrible (especially Grimlock).

12. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i like it!

13. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the rumor about Rapido is correct, & assuming he's in the boxset, I'd love the attendee freebie to be the Skram that White Mocha made in his Botcon 2010 digibash thread.

14. metrotitan

News Credits:
    I agree with this, and 100% fully expect Clench. I also figure this means that they'll avoid releasing any version of optimus and/or megatron (which is probably good, considering that each of these characters has already gotten a couple of Botcon treatments already).

15. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess that we'll get Skram and Rapido, one in the boxset and the other as the attendee freebie or in one of the add-on exclusives.

It's possible that we'll see Dead End or Wildrider to maximize usage of the new head mold.

Like everyone else I assume it's certain we'll get some kind of Clench. Hound redone as Ironfist, Calcar, Turbofire or G2 Swindle would be fun too.

16. metrotitan

News Credits:
    I would LOVE to see something like a G2 Swindle and Onslaught bagged set. I totally dig Swindle's bright red w/purple camo. Still, I don't know why, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that besides Breakdown (and maybe a Sideswipe) we don't see any other G2 figures that were repaints of G1 figures. I think we'll mostly get stuff that was new to G2 (Pyro, Clench and their ilk). I KNOW I just predicted a g2 dinobot souvenir set, but that was more wishful thinking than a realistic expectation.

17. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

I am very scared that we will see G1 Breakdown and Artfire as attendee only figures. This will mean insane E-bay prices for them while the boxset G2 Breakdown and Pyro will remain at cost.

18. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Classics Voyager Optimus with G2 colors and G2 Weapons (shooting cannons)

19. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still campaigning for G2 Devastator. Main body bright orange and yellow with the limbs being one yellow and one orange each. I'd be cool if Hasbro released this in the Generations line but I don't think Hasbro will make him as bright and gaudy as he deserves to be. Plus, if Hasbro made a G2 Devi what would the club ever be able to do with those mold.

20. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    REALLY doubt that one.

First, how different could that possibly look from the original Classics OP?

Second, they just made a BotCon Optimus from that mold 2 years ago.

Finally, I really doubt they're going to use new tooling dollars for missile launchers. Gimmicks like that aren't typically popular with the "collector" crowd, and I'm sure FP knows it.