Botcon 2010 Activision Panel Coverage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Zeta's full name is Sentinel Zeta Prime.

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    More WFC books? Nice.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Can someone ask what the deal is with Zeta Prime, Dead End and the Blue Autobot from the credits? My question isnt going through :( 

5. sparty2304

sparty2304 Active Member

How does this work does the person reporting pick what comments post...cause I posted a comment too that never showed up.

I want to know if they plan to fix any of the issues PC gamers have?

6. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

This!!!

7. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    So there's a chance for a WFC Starscream toy? Nice!

8. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Well for one thing there are too many story problems form the first tv show in 84 to present. Even in the game they can't fix it. I really do wish that they did not make it soo internet orientated. I don[t have my system set up to the internet and all those features are crap now. I do love the game for all the eye candy and an attempt to fix the story.

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Something involving Beast Wars? :D 

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    beast wars?! SWEET!

11. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Hmm..I see no reason why they'd want Zeta and Sentinel be the same character..why didn't they just call him Zeta then?

Wouldn't it just make sense to say: ok, Sentinel died, Zeta is next but he doesn't get to be Prime for very long...?

12. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Beast Wars FTW!!!

13. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Beast Wars? Hell freaking yes!

And also, WFC Starscream toy - awesome news if they go through with it.

14. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's no reason not to- doing a Starscream automatically covers two other characters right off the bat (Skywarp/TC).

I wish someone would have asked if there were plans to make the exclusive characters available as DLC (I know DLC was asked about, but only very generally).

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    um where does it say anything about beast wars and wfc starscream toy?!?! i see none of that in the panel

16. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    The lowest entry in the replayed panel opens more entries. Somewhere during the panel something Beast Wars is hinted, and WFC Starscream toy is on Aaron Archer's list..so they're both not confirmations but hints.

17. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Man I wish I had been around to submit some questions....come on TFW...where were the important questions...such as are they going to make the servers more reliable, and not so laggy. There is NOT that many people playing...and this game should not be as unreliable a multiplayer experience as it is.

Adding host-migration and patching matchmaking should be what they're thinking about right now, before any dlc is even given thought. Last night the game froze on me and my friends multiple times while in a lobby trying to find a game, along with losing connection once we were finally in a game because the host quit, or the servers lagged out.

I have reliable/quick internet, and the speed has never dropped below 26mbps dowload/3mbps upload. I also test the speed of my connection from my ps3 to see what kind of speed my systems are running at, even though they are directly connected, instead of wirelessly. Every other game I have, can be running as smoothly as possible online, yet WFC is a mess. It's not just me that sees this either, all of my friends that play this game have commented on how crappy the game runs the majority of the time.

I love this game, and I want the online experience to be quality...and it is...when things are running smoothly. But it seems that the people with good connections are sometimes almost punished because of the people with shit connections. There is so much packet lag it's unbelieveable sometimes.

When I am shooting a scout accurately with a Scrapmaker, from almost point blank range, and I pepper them for quite awhile with my shots showing as hits, before going in for the melee kill, and they still don't die, it's a sign of packet lag. Scouts do not have a whole lot of health, but anybody with a shitty connection can almost be invincible in this game due to packet lag. I'm sure I don't have to explain this, but when a person with a good internet connection shoots someone with a bad internet connection, the person with the shit connection usually does not receive all the packets that are transferred over the internet when they are shot accurately, but the person with a good connection certainly will receive all the packets.

I am tired of this. I know how much damage each character class is capable of giving and receiving. I am a hardcore gamer, as well as a passionate simulation/development student, and I am not new to competitive gaming. I even already signed up for Gamebattles to compete in this game...but with the quality of multiplayer still iffy, I 'm not so sure I will even compete with my clan in this game. I really hope High Moon, Activision, or Microsoft (whoever is responsible for running multiplayer servers) get these kinks ironned out.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yes!

Also you can tell from the game they wanted to get good, solid vocal performances. I'm extremely pleased with everyone I hear, with the possible exception of Soundwave, who I can't understand. (what he says)

19. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

They need to make a Trypticon toy..

20. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    Yeah, I thought that was weird. I wonder what it means for IDW's Zeta Prime? Anyway, I would like some explanation for this decision in the near future.

Also I hope WFC new stories put a definitive spin on G1 and that the new Beast Wars material is related.