BOTCON 2009 Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by transformers32, Dec 31, 2008.

1. sdtessmann

sdtessmann Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi,
    Thanks for your interest in the custom class. I will have an airbrush available to paint some parts, but everyone also gets brushes to use. Some folks like parts airbrushed, some don't. Personal preference.

Shawn

2. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Curious: can you turn a Primus package into an Iacon? I noticed that you cannot do it the other way, but it says nothing of that (at least as far as I saw).

3. A.Prime

A.Prime Well-Known Member

what is the Transformers Customizing Class all about

I have never been to one ever b4, what is to be expected and stuff ?

also how can you fill the form wrong, I mean the quantity and amount for example, I know the quanity is 1 but what about the amount as I though this would go into the sub total.

I mean the item price is there already, unless for example the item price is $50 but if quanity is 2 then you would out $100 on amount

4. Jumpstart17

Jumpstart17 Legacy of Bumblebee......

Confused about botcon packages, Help?

I opened up the botcon PDF and was looking at the packages and prices and such.... can someone give me a little more detail on them since I've never done a botcon before... Thanks!!

5. sdtessmann

sdtessmann Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the Custom Class, you get a Transformer toy off of the assembly line unassembled and unpainted. We then assemble it and paint/deco it to make a new character. Last year's character (Shattered Glass Nightbeat) appears in the '08 comic and the new club story "Do Over." Everything required for the class is provided, but you are free to bring along whatever tools/paints/etc. that you like. The character won't be revealed until the class...it's one of the very few things that really can't be leaked via the uual sources like the rest of the Botcon toys occasionally are.

Shawn

6. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    So I plan on taking the tours this year, is this going to give me an issue when it comes to picking up my boxset and other items that night?

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Nope. The Wednesday tour runs from 9am-7pm, and they do an early pick-up for tour people on Wednesday at 9.30pm. You'll still be able to pick your stuff up bro.

8. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    2 Q's...

1) If you're not going on the tours or custom class but you are there on the Wednesday night as a Primus Package holder, can you still pick up your set or do you have to wait until the Thursday night?

2) I understand that there is a cash line and a credit card line for pick up of exclusives / souvenir sets etc. Is one line significantly quicker and easier than the other?

9. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    1) I'd like to know this myself.

2.) Credit card line is usually faster, but it's still a loooong wait. Last year I was in line for about 1.5 hrs. FP does hand-out order forms while you're in line, but it doesn't help much, since people like to peruse all the merchandise once they get to the front counter rather than look at the display cabinet BEFORE getting in line. Friggin' aggravating!

10. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

1. No, you'll have to wait until Thursday.

2. I'd say cash line, not as many people queued up and no manual credit card processing happening.

11. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

This I know. I was referring to the fact that no information was made available other then the date this close to the Con for what seemed like the longest time.

12. A.Prime

how much cash should I need for Botcon, since I live in England and also need cash for about 8 days holiday, which include all the days in Bottcon including the tours.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I generally try to take around £5-600 "spare" money - this is on top of hotel costs, food and such. It gives me enough to buy stuff when I'm there.

14. CrossRook

CrossRook Well-Known Member

It really depends on how much you are going to eat. Some people can live on $20 US a day during BotCon (Especially if the choice is between food and a Transformer). I'd prepare for between $30 and $40 a day for food, I don't know the area.
    Then you have the Con exclusives. Both two packs are probably going to run you about $200 in total. That's if you want them though. Last year I only got the Rodimus/Megatron pack. Saved me $80 by not buying the second pack.
    The dealer room is a completely different story. Depending on how much you want to spend, you could be looking at $200-500, easy.

This is all on top of hotel, flights and the $275 registration though.:D 

Edit: I know you're from England and think in pounds, but during the con you're going to be working in USD constantly so you might as well start preparing now.

15. HoboCheese

HoboCheese Active Member

A couple quick questions - this will be my first Botcon since it's in my local area. First, in the past, what day did the convention exclusives (like the Megatron/Rodimus set last year) go on sale, and how quickly did they sell out? Also, in the dealer room, are most, if not all deals done in cash? Thanks for your help, and my apologies if these questions have been asked before.

16. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Now I am even more confused :(  I have been looking at the reg form and it says

Thursday, A Day in Hollywood Tour............. 8am-5pm
    Transformers Customizing Class................. 9am-5pm
    Registration Pick-up & Club Store opens..6pm-10pm

So wouldnt this give me 1 hr to grab my crap or do I get my stuff before others? If I get stuff before everyone elese will I be able to shop at the club store before them also?

17. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If we are there Wednesday night why can't we pick up our set? My wife and I can't check in until 3 o'clock on Wed. so the Universal tour would have been a waste of money for us. I was under the impression we would be able to pick it up that night.

CZ: I don't think there will be a problem. What did you sign up for? (tour/class)
    Again (this is my first too) I was under the impression Thursday night is just for package holders. So, hopefully we will be able to get in there first...

Sorry if this didn't help :confused: 

18. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    I signed up for both tours and the paramount dinner.

19. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^ Oh, then you should be set. I know there is an early registration after the Wed. tour at 9:30. So you shouldn't have to register Thursday night after the Hollywood tour. You will probably just have to wait in line to pick up the attendee exclusives and stuff from the shop.
    We are in on the Hollywood tour and Paramount dinner (see you there!).

20. A.Prime

I signed up for the tours, $360 primus and dinner and I done this about 8 hours ago, this is the e-mail I got

This email confirms that we received your BotCon fax.

It does not confirm that you have been processed.

It does not confirm that your forms are error free (if there is a problem, we will contact you).

It does not confirm that we have accepted your requests or have reserved anything for you.

Hard copy confirmations will come in the mail starting in late March.

Class and tour confirmations will come via email when your request is processed.

Again, this email is only to let you know we received your fax.

I REALLY hope I am of the first 100 to get the free toy, what other packs could I get as I read somehitng about rodmius prime pack. I know I def want the deadbeat box and I think I will bring $1000 with me