Botcon 2008 Exclusives on Ebay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by cutback4197, Apr 24, 2008.

1. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    I just put up my spare set of Botcon stuff. Everything is sold separately and the starting bid is what I paid. Except for Ricochet, who I started at $20.00. Just click my ebay link.

2. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey man, how much did the Megatron and rodimus cost? I am curious because that is a heck of a sale you got going. I hope you get a ton for them.

3. cutback4197

Ebay:
    They were 116 here at the con. I have other set opened already, the Megatron is the bomb. I was worried I would not like the set, but it really is better in person.

4. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

I sure don't. The last thing I want is the prices for these skyrocketing right off the bat just because one crazy jackass paid $1000 or something crazy for the set.

5. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

Well, theres one for a 999 opening and 1000 BIN, it doenst look good for low pricing on these sets. I would've had someone go get me one or two for that price, sheesh. Good pricing Cutback, wasnt aimed at you.

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Just wait until people without 'net access at the con start getting home...prices are ALWAYS crazy on Botcon weekend, but drop substantially once the majority of sellers get home :) 

7. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why cant anyone help anyone out and sell them for what they paid for? i know make a profit but most are scalpers. just wish for once there would be a couple for those of us who cant affor this luxury. which is why the prices that are paid for exclusives, the club and con seem to only allow certain ppl with a certain income. unfort i am not one of them.

8. cutback4197

Ebay:
    Unfortunately, I need the money. I lost my job, went back to school and work a crummy part time job making nothing an hour. I am a huge transformers fan (my tenth Botcon) and this is only way I could justify paying for the con. I am not a scalper, I basically bought an extra set so my set would not cost as much. I believe the owner of TFW2005 had the the auction with $1,000 BIN, I don't think anyone here would call him a scalper.

9. cutback4197

Ebay:
    Thanks, I tried to be as fair as I could.

10. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    I didn't go to the con, but I am getting my set from a member here who is selling to me at cost, and hopefully will be able to pick up Megs/Rodimus for me. I personally cannot hate on anyone making a profit, especially if it is done the way cutback did it - starting bids at what he paid for them, then if people want to bid up, well hey, thats capitalism.

The best thing to do is find a friend going and see if they can snag a set for you.

And Peaugh, I meant that in the sense I hope cutback makes some buck. I certainly think the prices will go down a bit, but that Megs/Rodimus is popular. Of course, if I am not mistaken, last year's convention exclusives, are not going for much now, huh?

I think this set will be very popular, especially given the rate at which it sold out.

11. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have lost my job as well. it sucks so i feel as well. i am not trying to hate on anyone. more like wish there was a way to make things easier, hard to explain. but i also understand the exclusiveness of these items as well.

and i know there are some out there wanting to helps as well!!!

12. cutback4197

Ebay:
    About an hour left. Bump.

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Oh, I know, I gotcha. To be fair, I'm not against cutback making some profit either. I thought I had a set of these locked up, but it turns out I was third in line, so I missed out, and was a little bitter about it. I ended up getting Megatron and the other two Predacon minicons for $122 shipped. Still looking for a Rodimus, but I'm not so bitter anymore. Sorry for the snittyness.

14. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Oh no, you were not being anything. I understood where you were coming from, just didn't want you to think I condoned scalping ;) 

Also, I would be bitter too. It is a shame how people get mislead or how you think you have something locked up and then someone breaks that deal to sell it to someone else because they offered more even when the deal was done!

Back on topic, congrats on the auction cutback. That is some nice little coin there!

15. cutback4197

Ebay:
    Thanks, there is another Botcon Megs set under my name. IT IS NOT MINE. A friend wanted me to put it up becuase of my high feedback and internet access. He wanted a BIN of alot more and I talked him down to this. It is still pretty cheap compared to many of BIN.

Keep me in mind though, I may have and extra Blurr Sideswipe set to I would be willing to trade for some stuff I need. I should know by tuesday.

16. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

I made a post a while ago in the wanted ads and someone answered my want for a Evil Rodimus. Said I’d pay cost + $20 + shipping.

When they told us that they’d be limited to whoever signed up for the sets, then if there was any left over they could get more on Saturday…kinda killed it!

I am still hoping they can get an extra but am not expecting it. Guess I will hear about it when they get back to their hotel tonight.

There are some decent people on these boards...and some expecting to make profit. I'd give people things at cost+shipping (like i plan for the sdcc nem prime) for anyone, but know it would be a rarity to ever get it in return...

<3 greed