Botcon 2007 - Transformers Movie Botcon Screening

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 24, 2007.

1. D_Fool

D_Fool Well-Known Member

OMG it's really hitting me today. I can't wait for monday!!!! I hope I get my transforming costume done in time :D  :D  :D  :D 

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Soo excited,Can't wait till Tuesday,I'm gonna ROOOOOOOOOOOOCK! :dj  :music 

3. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Overall I thought there was more good than bad. I enjoyed the movie a lot, and I'll probably go see it several times upon release.

For those who thought that the complex designs would make it hard to see what was going on, it doesn't really matter. They could have done it with stick figures and it still would have been blurry do to the fast paced motion and camera edits.

4. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Name one military guy who hasn't seen Black Hawk Down. It's huge in the military community. I really love Jarhead because it is so true in so many ways.

Transformers is a DOD approve film and has the backing of the armed forces in many ways from use of equipment to personnel. They wouldn't be backing it like they have been if they didn't think it would be positive for them.

I also think that giant robots are more believable than Tom Cruise.

5. Godconvoy

News Credits:
    I was hoping for that. How do we find out his name in the movie? Who calls him that?

6. Godconvoy

News Credits:
    What! There was one here?!?

Hey silly I'm from HB as well.

7. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

Her name is Rachel Taylor by the way
    Seen it on opening night and all i can say is im going to see it again and again
    Wife saw it the next day as she can due to her work looking after troubled kids
    wife can't stop talking about it and she is not a fan
    I dont normally talk about a film after seeing it but this i did for over an hour even my wife just wanted to talk about it

Voices real cool even Hugo Weaving was awsome
    Frenzy was cool he is a little Bastard and funny
    Optimus primes flames you don't even noitce them
    Comedy is all in the right places
    lots of woman are even saying it is a kick ass film some even wished there cars could Transform lol :) 
    Bad bits;
    Not enough Decpticon time wish we saw more of Starscream, Brawl is now Devestator so all the toys called Brawl will confuse the kiddies
    Names of the Decepticons were not on the screen long enough so if you are not a fan you will be asking fans all the time , Who was the tank who was the police car etc....My wife did
    Sequel wont be until at least 2009 - BRING IT!!!

8. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

I Forgot at the end credits Starscream flies off back to Cybertron i think i am guessing to recruit more Decepticons Honestly all i can say is Megatron will return
    And the visual of Cybertron i didn't like- Think STAR WARS 3 THE LAVA PLANET

9. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

At this stage of his career, Cthulu spaghetti monster deities are more believable than Cruise ;) 

10. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    To clear up the Brawl/Devastator thing: all Decepticons are called into battle and they are speaking cybertronian with the english subtitles at that moment. the caption says "Devastator, en route" or something like that. so it's not spoken, only a subtitle.

11. Eisbergsalat

Eisbergsalat Mrs. X

BUHUHUHU.... I've to wait till august 2nd and unfortunately there are no advanced screenings here >_< Damn fucking fuck.... die a painful death, UIP!

12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a non-american, I now have the (most likely false) information that every second car in the USA is made by GMC.... :)  Really, even Sector 7 used those and "Longarm" is one too.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

But yeah, it was an army commercial too. My biggest letdown about the movie was that only 1 Decepticon was killed by the Bots, all the others (Megs included) was destroyed by puny humans... BB too needed help from the soldiers to kill Brawl. All this and the showing of military coordination (especially the scene where they arrange the attack on Scorponok), really felt like "hey you other countries, see how we can even destroy giant alien robots, better think twice about messing with us..."

Heh, I'm sure that in Iran, China and Russia, military experts are watching this movie over and over again to get a better view on the US military hardware... :) 

13. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Man you guys are lucky!

14. Godconvoy

News Credits:
    USA USA USA USA!!!!

But seriously those guys weren't your avarage joes. Special Forces have some of the best training and are very difficult to get into. They have equipment that most other Army units won't ever even see much less use. I think they would have one of the best chances against a giant robot. Now that being said I still doubt that a SF team could take out a Transformer.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Scorponok transforms into a part of Blackout's helicopter mode. Hence those warning labels on him.

16. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I wish I knew.

Devastator or whatever his name was during the highway chase looks like a freakin' tree monster from a Yu-gi-oh card in the face. Kind of like those tree characters in the Lord of the Rings movie. I wish he looked/moved more like an actual robot.

Anyway, I like the new guy. What did you guys think of Blackout?

17. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    yup.

And Cullen sounded absolutely amazing. The intro narration gave me goose bumps. Everyone was wooping it up when the TF logo appeared and then the theater went silent when Prime's narration started

I might add that the voice cast overall was excellent. Barricade was bad ass as hell, and Megs voice puts the fear of God into you. Hugo was Brilliant. I wanted Welker, but Weaving was outstanding IMO as Megatron.

Also, the movie score was great, it fit right in and was very well done.

I can't wait to see it again!

:thumb  :thumb