Botcon 2007 - Panel: Stan Bush

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Use this thread to discuss Botcon 2007 - Panel: Stan Bush Images and Information.

Full Botcon 2007 gallery here: Botcon 2007

2. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only caught a part of the Stan Bush panel. It was almost entirely Q & A. Among the information that I remember.

-He's done jingles for commericals for Coors and Toyota.

-His writing partner was the one who secured the deal for The Touch to be in Boogie Nights and it was intentionally bad for humor's sake

-He's worked with members of Journey on projects.

-He was going to form a band back in the eighties with I believe one of the Journey members, but it never materialized and the Journey guy went on to form Bad English.

- Stan Bush didn't write Dare, they only asked him to sing it.

- He did a version of the Transformers Theme for the original movie, but it was passed over for the Lion version.

I'll post more things as I remember them. Stan was a stand up guy and very easy and fun to talk to. I owe the man a lot, back when I was a kid, his music (along with the rest of TF soundtrack) got me into rock music. A few years after that I started learning an instrument and am now a few months away from releasing my first full length album. If it wasn't for Transformers and Stan, I could be listening to rap or country, not that there's anything wrong with those styles of music, it's I listen to rock mainly.