BOTCON 2007 FIGS SPECULATION

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by jokerswild, Feb 22, 2007.

1. jokerswild

jokerswild Voice of Ashes

Sorry if there is already a thread circulating on the subject but between my wife hurting her back in a major car accident and my 5 month old daughter being hospitalized with an extremely high grade fever The last month and a half i havent had the time to search the boards and now that everyone is home safe and sound we can continue our lives as best we can so please dont bash me for starting a new thread.

I am aware that the 2007 figs will be 5 classics figs repainted and MAYBE remolded, I was wondering what the speculated figures are?

I know looking at my shelf at the figs I'm hoping its an all decepticon box set
    composed of the 3 remaining seekers and then speculating on a megs remolded/repainted as galvatron and the obvious prime repainted as nemesis prime.. Now I can live without Nemesis Prime. I would much rather a remolded bumblebee as wheeljack. But I was wondering what everyone else was thinking on this subject since this is probably the only way we'll be able to finish our classics collections.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, there is a thread for this already, but I'll post my two ideas that I've had.

Classics in Movie Colors-
    -Optimus Prime
    -Bumblebee
    -Megatron
    -Starscream
    -Brawl (2-pack Megs mold)

Remaining Classics Decepticons-
    -Thundercracker
    -Dirge
    -Thrust
    -Sunstorm
    -Bludgeon (2-pack Megs mold)

3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey, dude. Sorry to hear about the bad strokes of luck your family has had recently, and glad to hear that things are now looking up for all of you. Hang in there.

I guess I, somehow, missed out on the earlier thread. So, assuming that the '07 set consists of 5 redone Classics figs, I'd like to see among those:

SS as Thundercracker
    Voyager Megatron as Shockwave

If they decide to do some remolding as well, then I'd like to see Dirge and Thrust done properly, in addition to the guys mentioned above.

In the end, though, I've got a feeling that they're gonna try to find a way to incorporate the movie stuff into the '07 set, and I'm really not sure how they'd do that. Maybe just movie-inspired repaints of the Classics figs?

4. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Did you see that guys custom seekers in the Kitbash thread? Those are sick.

I'm with alot of other people in thinking that they are either repainting or realeasing a mold to be apart of the classics line.

5. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope to god the remaining seekers aren't Botcon exclusives. Not anything against the club, but more Hasbro's policy of "protecting the value" of con exclusives and then refusing to release a figure even remotely similar to it at general retail (they could repaint Bumblebee into Cliffjumper as a general release, but not something we actually WANT, like Starscream in Thundercracker?).

But I could definitely see a cartoon accurate version of Astrotrain as a con exclusive, some sort of repaint for Jetfire and Megatron. Just don't repaint Voyager Megs and call it Galvatron, Galvie almost never appeared in pistol mode.

+-MWG-+

6. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I hate overpriced exclusives... seriously :mad 

7. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I actually hope they do release the rest of the seekers. It sucks it's at a premium, but IMO, if that's the only way I'll see them, I'm all over that.

8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I don't care about the rest of the seekers. I'd LIKE Dirge and Thrust... but... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me Thundercracker. I don't even like buying repaints, but I'll buy Thundercracker! I PROMISE!

Wow. Sorry, fanboy moment. And I'm not even a huge seekers fan, either... but after having both Classics Starscream and Skywarp... wow. I want TC.

9. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd love to see the rest of the Seekers, as well as Wheeljack.
    It would be sweet if Blitzwing get an update. Maybe even Hoist, Trailbreaker or any of the Insecticons.

I'm not counting on seeing anymore Classics, But i can hope

10. zuffyprime

zuffyprime It's not easy being green

my guess is that we'll see some "basic" g1 minibots made out of the cybertron figs:

beachcomber - hardtop
    seaspray -the hovercraft dude
    huffer - armorhide

=)

11. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

Well, I just got the tiny Leo Prime yesterday, so that was on my mind as a Con exclusive: a full-size repaint of Leobreaker as Lio Convoy. Also possibly, to go with Classics, Razorclaw from the previous BotCon comic. Not that I want them. Just thinking.

Now, I've read things here that say the Con stuff will be Classic toys, but I've read other stuff that says that the toys will fit in with Classics, but not necessarily be repaints of Classics toys. Anyone have any solid info on this?

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I'm betting on the familliar 2 basics, 2 deluxe, and a larger figure for the main set:

Beachcomber
    Seaspray
    Thundercracker
    Dirge (wing remold)
    Thunderwing (E Megatron with head remold)

Attendee figure: Huffer

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As I understand it, the theme and story universe for the convention exclusives is based on Classics, but it's not been said one way or the other if the Classics molds will be remolded/repainted for exclusives. I would assume it'll be a mix, possibly using a Classics mold or two along with molds from Cybertron, Energon, and maybe others, if a good Classics-esque homage can be built from them.

The big question is whether we see the bigger, more obvious character choices, such as the Thundercracker reapint everyone either does or doesn't want to see. :)  , or more obscure or fanwanky character choices, like - I dunno - Bumblejumper.

14. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

These are all things that have been mentioned by others before, but here are a few others that seem sorta semi-possible (or at least wouldn't be too hard):

Classics Bumblebee remolded as Runabout and Runamuck (or repainted as Goldbug)
    Classics Jetfire repainted as Star Saber (I would be all over this one)
    Classics Optimus as Nemesis or Motormaster
    Classics Mirage as Machine Wars Prowl
    Classics Voyager Megatron repainted as black Megatron or Megaplex

Here's a dark horse candidate for you: the three Classics Autobot cars repainted as the Car Bros. from RID... Bumblebee as X-Brawn, Rodimus as Sideburn, and Mirage as Prowl. Nah, it'll never happen. :) 

Frankly I think the most likely are just what folks have been suggesting: either the remaining Seekers or a bunch of Cybertron Basics repainted as G1 characters.

15. scott2781

scott2781 Well-Known Member

BotCon 2007: Rhode Island

I got this from the RI convention Center web site. If anyone is interested in the details.

Exhibition Halls A/D, Ballrooms A-E and Meeting Rooms 553, 555, & 556. Estimated Attendance: 2,000 people. Event Hours: Saturday Early Bird 9:00 a.m.; 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Sunday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Admission: Saturday Early Bird: $50.00; Regular Hours: $10.00 for Adults, $5.00 for children ages 5-12, and children under 5 are free. This is a Hasbro sponsored event. Exclusive transformer figure sets available only at the show. Dealer booths are available. For more information, please contact the Transformers Collectors' Club at (817) 448-9863 or visit their website at www.botcon.com. This event is open to the public.

SPREAD THE WORD

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Wait a sec..........so to get the exclusive set I have to go to the show? I don't have the money to do that. If that's true, than it's really stupid. Us people who don't have the funds to make it to the show (but can still afford the set) should still be able to get the set. It's either that or I'm missinterpretting that sentance. Any input on this matter? Peace out.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they make the remaining Seekers into con exclusives, someone is totally getting a brick through their window. :mad 

And when they ask me what I'm doing, I'll explain that I'm enraged because a blue repaint of a toy isn't being made readily available to me.

And then they'll kick my ass. :( 

And I still won't get Thundercracker. :( 

18. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    From what I've been told and have read on the BotCon site, you can still buy the exclusive sets even if you don't attend. It's the same price as paying to actually attend the Con itself... although you obviously don't get the bonus attendee figure.

I friggin hope that's the case this year as well since I don't know if I can afford to go anymore now that my g/f can't come with me.

19. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I just hope it's something good since it'll be my first time attending this year. The only BotCon figs I ever liked where last years pre-BW figs.

20. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I'm guessing bludgeon will be part of the set, given how he's in the club mag's classic grimlock bio, I would guess either 2 pack megatron or cyb unicron and I am personally hopping for a lot of seeker repaints.