Botcon 2007 Clear Mirage

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Trailbreaker77, Apr 27, 2010.

?

Do you think the trade it fair?

1. Yes, you should do this deal.

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. No, Mirage is worth a lot more then that.

40 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi Everyone,

Has anyone sold one lately? I have a local collector that is interested in it and has offered Fansproject G3 trailer and Springer in a trade. He seemed very willing to make the trade, that made me wonder what was up. Last time I checked last year he was worth about $120 - $150 and I decided to keep him then. Now if that is still the case the trade would be fair then. I am not looking to make a mint on this guy but I don't want to lose out to much on the deal either.
    Thanks for any input.
    TB77

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I would say the $ value is irrelevant. Just decide which one(s) you want more and either trade or keep accordingly.
    I think the value of Mirage only matters if you would ever decide to sell him, but since you are apparently willing to trade then I guess you are.
    In which case... *checks eBay* he's worth A LOT more than the G3 trailer + Springer! :eek: 

Check it out: TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2007 MIRAGE CLEAR EXCLUSIVE MISB on eBay (end time 05-May-10 03:12:18 BST)

Still got over 7 days left!!!

I know the auction one is MISP but still, cha CHING!

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

If we are talking about Defender from Fansproject, then I'd do it.

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think i would keep the mirage, i think over time the value of mirage will keep and increase moreso than springer...but thats just me, ultimately you gotta get which toys you want the most.

5. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See this is what I was afraid of I wanted both of the Fansproject items but the value comes into play because if I sold it I could get both and then some. Ya, mine is on sealed.

Yea, Defender I can never remember that, still he is Springer to me.

I want both of the Fansproject items, I have plenty of Mirage toys and the whole clear Mirage thing is lost on me anyways. I just don't want to miss out these items, the whole UM armor thing has taught me that once these custom projects sell out and are tough to find.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I wouldn't do it, I think. An official product with a very limited run seems more valuable than two (admittedly very good) third party products. Besides, Springerfender JUST came out, who knows how large the run will be? They could crank out several more runs of it, depending on popularity.... it could end up ultimately that there are tons of them out there, but you know there will only ever be, what is it, 1500 Mirages? Not sure what the run was on that one.

Plus, Springer + Trailer, that's what, about $160 worth? Not appreciably more than the last price you mentioned seeing for Mirage. I don't think I'd be willing to take the gamble to potentially be only $40 ahead or so (and possible behind).

EDIT: But hey, you know, reading your last post.... if clear Mirages aren't your thing, and you genuinely want the FP products.... maybe that makes it worthwhile? Value is more than just money, after all. And hey, if you're not a completist, the Takara clear Mirage is arguably much cooler than the blue Botcon version. :) 

7. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, that is why I am on the fence with this whole thing. If I keep Mirage the earliest I could free up some extra money would be Sept. for Fansproject items. I don't know, you think they would still be available at the price they are at now? My guess is no, but who know. While the Clear bots are not my cup of tea, you do make a great point.

8. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mirage is probably worth anywhere from $180-210 depending on completeness (bio card and instructions) and whether its opened or sealed. Even at the lowest case of $180, you're not getting fair value. A C8 G3 trailer is $62 on TFsource, and a Warbot Defender is around $80. That's a gap of anywhere from $40 - 70 in value.

That being said, I'd personally rather have the G3 trailer/Warbot. I'd just hold out for at least another figure from the guy you're trading with.

9. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, got it all it's just not sealed obviously. Well I don't know what else he would offer. I defiantly don't want to go the e-bay route with this, I am so sick of all their fee's and dead beat bidders.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He could always throw in cash. Meet him halfway at $25-$30?

11. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd hold out for at least $190 in value. Maybe he'll throw in the rest in cash. Who knows? Good luck either way you decide to go.

12. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deal fell threw, he told me I was asking for to much. Guess I am keeping Mirage after all that, what a waste of time.

13. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't call it a complete waste of time. You now know that if you sell it for higher then $170 in the junkion or $180 on ebay you'll be able to buy those two highers plus have extra cash.

14. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was looking to buy one and last year i remember i lost a few of em on ebay for about 100 +. my limit was 100 dollars. in the past 6 months...this guy has increased in value. i'm still looking for him and i've found a few on ebay that have gone way over 200 dollars. i think you're better off with your mirage and if you want to sell it at it's true value then toss him on ebay or make a deal on here.

like i said, in the past 6 months not only has botcon clear mirage jumped in price, but classics henkei wildrider has gone up to 300 dollars. i paid less than half MIB. it's a rare fig and awesome fig. botcon SG rodimus, i got him for 100 and it was goin for that much last year, but now it's close to the 250, 300 dollars range. SG Prime i got on a super deal but i was willing to spend about 150 on him, last year before they jumped in price they went for about 170, 200 dollars. now, almost 400 dollars!

good luck with your sale.

15. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Valuing figures is hard. You never know when something will get reissued. I say do the deal if you like what you are getting. I have both of the fans projects you mentioned and they are well worth the price. I do not have the blue mirage but do have the henkei regular and black versions and like them a lot. I bought a MP Magnus for $230 and about 4 months later it got reissued and the price dropped dramatically.

16. MaxGoof

MaxGoof Preordained Soul

News Credits:
    I sold my LOOSE Clear Mirage with instructions and bio card for $225 last month, and I had a IMMEDIATE buyer for him so I possibly could have gotten more for him.

I don't think the deal you're being offered is good enough for him at all.

17. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you're really not that into the clear mirage, I'd sell it on ebay you'll clear enough for both the trailer and war bot and probably have enough left over for one or both of the Bruticus kits.

18. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

personally i think that mirage looks like a smurf...but yeah i think the trade is fair....i like the newer clear plastic mirage more than blueberry botcon mirage...

19. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I can not believe he jump in value that much that FAST!

Yea, that is one thing I would not have to worry about is Botcon Mirage being reissued. I got my MP Magnus as soon as he was released the first time, had him on pre-order.

Thanks for the info, this is what I was looking for I don't feel as bad now that the deal fell threw.

I really want to avoid e-bay my experience with that site have not gone well. If I could get all of that I would be more than willing to do that deal.

20. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    Last I checked, clear Mirage was going $250 easily on eBay.