botcon 2006 lazerbeak and buzzsaw

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1_Cindersaur, Apr 3, 2011.

1. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i know the biocards show decepticon symbols on them...in the story divebomb approached ravage, laserbeak and buzzsaw to persuade them to accept upgraded "predacon forms"

so would you count botcon laserbeak and buzzsaw as predacons or decepticons that are sporting upgraded forms from the predacons?

i ask this because flamewar is listed clearly as a tripredacus agent but she still swears loyality to decepticon cause.

just curious on other's opinions.

I myself would view any decepticons that carried on resistance against the maximal imperium as rebels or predacons since the decepticons signed a formal surrender to end the "great war"

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    It's kind of splitting hairs. I would say that, in spite of being given Predacon-technology bodies, the actual guys were still themselves, so they were still Decepticons. Plus, they joined the Predacons under the original Predacons, who were Decepticons, so even with the Predacon-era bodies, they weren't members of that era.

Of course, it is possible to be a member of more than one faction. The Sweeps were both Unicronians and Decepticons, right?. The Decepticon faction in and of itself didn't exist during the Beast Era, so there techincally "was no Decepticons," but the guys who were loyal to the cause never stopped being Decepticons. They were Decepticons working for the Predacon faction, as it was all they had at the time.

3. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i don't look at it as splitting hairs...i count them as two seperate causes or factions.
    look at ravage's actions. He was a tripredacus agent...but the moment he got evidence of the Original Megatron's message or instructions he literally dumped his allegiance or loyalty to the tripredacus council and swung fully in support to the cause of TM2 megatron which coinicided with g1 megatron's orders on the golden disc to use transwarp tech to alter the time line....he basically gave the finger to the predacons main cause and hitched his back to the decepticon cause or banner to help realize an altered time line to ensure decepticon victory over the autobots.