botcon 08 toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by benben2142, May 7, 2008.

1. benben2142

benben2142 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I wanted to buy the botcon set but I want to know what it includes, also people on ebay are liars, because they say the item is misb but it actually isn't because there should be a plastic bag sealed over the top of the box set, so why the hec do they open the bag? Also is the comic and certificate packaged in the box or packaged somewhere else, what other paperwork does the set included?
    PLEASE HELP ME ASAP BECAUSE I NEED A REPLY, AND MY SONS BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP AND I NEED IT FAST, ON THE DOUBLE!

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    All I can say is that the box set from 07 (the classics with the seekers) was not sealed in plastic. Unless they changed it this year there is no plastic wrap. The only figures in plastic are the side sets.

Thanx
    Tranbsot90210

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    The plastic bag was not seal when I picked up my boxset at Botcon. None of them were.

4. benben2142

What do you get in it? The toys instructions foam box teach cards authentic sheet and comic? Right?

5. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Yes, though that doesn't mean every auction will include the comic with it. I'd verify that first.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Box Set:

Optimus Prime
    Autobot Jazz
    Grimlock
    Goldbug
    Starscream
    Razorclaw

Also includes tech spec cards, foam insert, BotCon 2008 pin, and instruction sheets. Missiles and Cyber Keys for Jazz, Goldbug, and Starscream are all sealed in little plastic baggies under the foam with the instrucs and tech cards. Both Starscream and Goldbug have their missile launchers attached to them. Missile and weapon for Grimlock are affixed to the figure. Prime's weapons are affixed directly to him as well.

The set is NOT wrapped in plastic, nor should it be. The only place plastic is involved is with the bags FunPub gives you to carry it and your other pre-reg'd items when you pick them up. There is no "seal" to speak of with these sets.

if you're interested in the other sets:

Attendee Exclusive:
    Ricochet, only available bagged. All parts, tech spec, and instructions are in the baggie, individually seperated.

Large Souvenier set:
    Megatron
    Rodimus
    Divebomb

All figures are individually bagged inside the large bag with their weapons and accessories, if applicable. The tech-specs and instructions are individually wrapped and inserted in the large main baggie.

Small Souvenier set:
    Sideswipe (with Whisper Mini-Con)
    Blurr
    Rampage

All figures are individually bagged inside the large bag with their weapons and accessories, if applicable. The tech-specs and instructions are individually wrapped and inserted in the large main baggie.

7. benben2142

Hey mate, but where is the certificate of authentic and the comic stored? In the box or does the man hand it to you when you go pick-up?

8. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

My non-attendee set was shipped by FedEx. The comic and CoA was placed in a purple folder on top of the box in the package.

9. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

When my wife and I picked up ours, they were in a folder with other paperwork from the con.

10. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

No plastic bags that I know of except the individually wrapped ones. The only ones that I got from this year were classic molds, so they were seperated with whomever they were bagged with but I am sure thats how they came.