Botcon 07.

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by gen1fan, Oct 10, 2006.

1. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok, I just got off the phone with the Westin Hotel , which is the hotel that is connected to the Rhode Island Convention Center. Just so every one knows there is a $22. dollars a day for parking. Do to the fact that it is Downtown, there are no free park lots. And if you were planning on bring a trailer the hotel parking lot will not would.

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

$22 a DAY for parking? Holy cow. I'm definately flying in and just taking a shuttle to the hotel now.

3. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow oh wow. That is mighty expensive. I'm definitely driving too... hmm....

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    *looks forward to just bumming rides off his friends while there*

:3

5. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    There has to be other places to park at or near the Hall itself. I know the Westin is a very high class hotel, there is others nearby that may not cost that much if not free with validation. Marriott I know has free parking, I just checked. Don't worry people, you may have to walk a little bit but there will be parking that won't cost $22.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hopefully I would be able to stay at my wife cousin's place.

7. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jeez. That's highly unreasonable. Perhaps Hasbro can get them to validate it for their event? Fat chance?

8. gen1fan

News Credits:
    Do you have to be a staying at the Marriott to get free parking?

9. Galvatro

Galvatro Make mine Animated! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Parking Charge??

gen1fan wrote:

Ok, I just got off the phone with the Westin Hotel , which is the hotel that is connected to the Rhode Island Convention Center. Just so every one knows there is a $22. dollars a day for parking. Do to the fact that it is Downtown, there are no free park lots. And if you were planning on bring a trailer the hotel parking lot will not would.

Hello All!
    Just because the hotel attached to the convention center is telling you that means nothing. You mention that you did call the hotel, but has Brian Savage even made the block reservations for the BC07 yet?! I'm sure that the details are being ironed out now and will be completed by the registration opening in Jan or Feb. 07.
    I have been to 7 BC's now and none of them have ever charged for parking AS LONG AS you have a 'convention hotel' pass, usually in the form of your room key. One would have to stay at the designated hotel to get this privilege however. I have driven every year and have paid nothing for parking in any of those years. Let's let Brian get everything on paper before jumping to conclusions. You never know who was on the end of that phone in RI; probably some low level person who has no idea what is going on yet.
    This interpretation is taken from the first post of this topic and without certain details, I am assuming certain facts and also drawing from my own experiences traveling.

Galvatro, who can wait until Jan or Feb 07...

10. gen1fan

News Credits:

Hotel does not care if you are there convention or not, it 22 a day for parking. I'm sorry but with me being active duty military has gotten myself a better rate then the con rate the pass 2 years. I know people that got better rate with AAA card membership then the con rate. The convention is in downtown , not on the edge of downtown, like Lexington was. I have call all the hotel in walkin distance to the convention center and NONE have free parking. I have an idea what the con price per room is going to be, and I be about 50 dollars less than the con rate for the dates.

11. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What Galvatro is saying is that you are not privey to the details that Fun Publications is working out with the hotel. It is very common for convention organizers (of any sort) to work out a deal with a hotel for free parking for attendees staying at the hotel. To say, at this point in time, that con goers who stay at the con hotel will definately have to pay for parking is premature. Try waiting until official announcements come through before making presumptions.

12. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

What exactly are you trying to say here?

13. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am still debating whether or not to rent a car when I arrive

14. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I know what you mean Joe, I can understand being excited as this is pretty much a once in a lifetime type deal.

But it really is best to wait untill official announcements are made. I mean right now all we know is the when (June 28th-July 1st) and where (Providence Rhode Island) but we still don't know the venue or the hotel or the exact details. Such details probably won't be revealed till January/February '07

So let's just be patient :) 

15. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Cabbing it would probably be better, or use the hotel concierge if possible.

16. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd say cab or hotel shuttle.
    That way you don't have to worry about parking or having some annoying Scot asking you to go to Best Buy so he can buy a new iPod :p 

17. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL. Well I was debating it because I have family in the area (about 30-45 min away) so I was thinking of making time to visit them.

Bah...To hell with that! It would take away time from hanging out with all of you, drinking, and playing with TFs! Shuttle or cab it is!

18. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

If you make the effort to fly in, have your family drive that last little bit to come see you!

19. Optimal-T

Optimal-T Metroplex's Sidekick

The only thing that bothers me about this is that the convention ends on July 1 which as you all know is the Canada Day holiday and I really don't want to take a taxi through from PIA to Union Station. I think that would be a bit much for me considering that Airport Road is usually backed up for miles with people trying to get to and from the air port. It would just be a bitch to get through Air Port Road on a holiday Sunday where you know people are going to and coming from the air port.

20. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Meh...im just takin the train up from NYC, then cabbing to the hotel, so no biggie for me. But I strongly doubt that anyone here will be paying $22 /per day for the parking.