Botcon '07 exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm sure they're not looking that far ahead just yet, but it's fun to speculate.

This year, we are getting Cybertron toys. Next year at this time, movie toys will be on the shelf. Doubtful we will get movie toys as exclusives. It's also doubtful we will get the upcoming line, as it will just be hitting shelves. So what does that mean? Unless they ressurect some outdated molds, we will most likely get repainted/remolded Classics toys.

Thing is, who could they repaint them into? Sure, we could get the Starscream repainted into Thundercracker ( provided he doesn't get released in classics ) or Sunstorm. Ramjet repainted into Dirge. Maybe a remold to give us Thrust. If we were to get a Prowl/Streak/Smokescreen, they could repaint into the ones we don't get. This is all provided they go that route. What other unique story/figures could they get from the classics toys?

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

A lot of people have suggested Cliffjumper out of Bumblebee. Maybe since we've seen Nemesis Prime in the BotCon comic recently, we could see classics Op repainted as him.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Classics getting G1esque repaints is a fairly predictable outcome, though I suspect many of the obvious ones may get done in the line itself.

I'd personally like to see Classics get repainted as obscure or wholly new characters, myself. My favourite parts of the '05 exclusives were the new characters, like Ricochet or Firewall.

4. Fairlady_Z

I think you mean Flame War. And yes, new characters from classics would be cool especially if they show up in the dinner skit like last year. Though I heard they're not doing the V-O contest again this year. Is that true?

5. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Flame War! Duhr.

And yes, it seems there's no announced voicing contest. :(  I have a substitute I plan to run unofficially, though.

6. Fairlady_Z

Have fun at BotCon Vangelus! I can't go this year.

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I'd love to see Classics molds used as new characters, bring em on!!

8. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There will be recordings for vicarious enjoyment. *cackle*

Also, some more redeco ideas.

E-Hobby-Inspired 2-pack: Sunstorm (Starscream) and Bug-Bite (Bumblebee)

Reborn Shockblast (Classics Megatron with new head + new hand)

Classics Astrotrain redeco'd as Club Exclusive Astrotrain (I admit a lack of imagination in this particular idea :(  )

I don't think I could really suggest new characters, since...the only basis would be my imagination, and I could end up going on for some time. >.>

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

My non-informed suspicion is that next year's set may be G1 based, and not just because Classics should be eligible for molds. This year's set is decidedly Beast Wars-centric, and it would be a good idea to do something more G1-ish next time.

That said, I'm not really sure what they'd do or who could be repainted.

Of what we've seen so far, Astrotrain, Rodimus, and Megatron are way too distinctive to work as anybody else, unless they did the same characters in more show accurate colors. Bumblebee could be virtually any car character with a new head. Starscream or Ramjet could be whatever Seekers Hasbro doesn't do. Optimus might work for someone else with a new head. Mirage pretty much couldn't be anybody but Drag Strip. Jetfire might work as Cyclonus, that's about all I've got, but Cyclonus has already been a Botcon exclusive before.

10. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    movie repaints. Yuck.

11. AlphaTrion23

AlphaTrion23 Banned

I wish Botcon weren't run by a bunch of old fanboys who desperately cling to BW and its loose G1 ties. So Bo-oring. How many times have they retreaded this stuff already?

The official Transformrs convention should not focus on simply what the people running it like. It should span all generations. Just shows how feeble they are.

12. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

It's not that simple

They can mainly use toys that aren't part of the main line. Hasbro mainly has say in which toys they can use.

13. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Well even though I don't know exactly how they'd do it. reading Stormbringer has made me want a Botcon set of the CLASSIC Wreckers.

14. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um...'05 was a haphazard go at All-Generations. :D  And this year is doing a BW focus because it's riding the BW 10th Anniversary thing.

15. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not sure who I'd like to see, since I don't even know if I will be able to afford a convention set, let alone make it to Botcon next year.

That said, I would love a Classics Sunstorm (if not in the actual line). Also, an official toy release of Bumper (Bumblejumper) out of Classics Bumblebee would be cool, too.

16. AlphaTrion23

AlphaTrion23 Banned

I looked at 05 as just another attempt at bringing that Wreckers thing back to life...which I really dont see the charm of. But I wasn't into TFs when BW was around. I remember buying a few with recognizable names, but I'm not a big fan of beast bots.

17. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    FYI:

They already picked out the molds/characters/etc. for next year's show. If anything, you can help influence their 2008 show ideas.

18. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think I have a few ideas on what it might turn out to be but alas, I can say nothing!

19. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they do classics remolds/repaints maybe the genericon seekers -blue, green, light purple and just some random color varients thrown in. Well not alot but maybe just a couple from the starscream mold. I'm drawings blanks otherwise b/c i dont see any remolds worth doing from classics

20. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind if they did a few more like this year- either Cybertronian versions of other BW bots or other Cyb molds repainted as BW guys. I mean c'mon, the Scourge mold in shades of red would be hot as Megatron. :D  Backstop as Rhinox... :lol  Brimstone as Terrorsaur, Dark Scorponok as Scorponok maybe? hehehe

So maybe not the best idea, but there's a few that'd work.