BotCon '07 Boxset query

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Spartan Prime, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I have one. Junkion Exchange transferred me up here. It's complete, great condition, the figures are all in prime shape, and only been out of the box a time or two, and even then, not for long. It has all the bio cards, instructions and CoA.

Anyone have any idea how much I could get for it, and where the best place to hock it might be?

2. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of the best botcon sets of all time until all the exclusives got issued(except BB and DW). I would say roughly around 700-850.

3. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I'm no expert, but that seems on the high side. The real gems from that set, now, are BB and DW. The recent hasbro releases of Dirge, Thrust and Thundercracker have probably hurt the prices for the 07 set.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Best bet to get top dollar is ebay, but as the others have said, the re-tooled seekers have really hurt the value on the set. I would say $600-$750 is a good ebay range, and the low end of that is a decent price in the Junkion. I paid $50 for my Dirge, and $90 for my Thrust over the past 6 months or so in the Junkion and I feel those were fair prices.

I would be interested in some if the price is right and if it is broken up:) 

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    last auction for TC and Dirge both went for around 50... Thrust went for 155. not sure about Bugbite and Dreadwind.

6. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    A fellow member listed his on eBay for close to USD $200. Market rate for now? :tongue: 

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Said it before, I'll say it again: Just because someone lists an item for top dollar doesn't mean it'll sell for top dollar. Hell, there's a Henkei Blue Bumblebee on the 'bay right now for $550, and has sat at that price for almost half a year.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    oh absolutely. i think that store Playidia does that all the time... they'll list things for like 50-100 more than anyone else has them. no idea how they haven't closed their doors yet.

9. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I tend to sell things very well. My store costs money regardless, and somebody will snatch it up eventually, plus I'm in no hurry to sell him off. So he'll sit till he's bought.