Botcon 06 exclusives

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have access to a set of this years botcon exclusives from the con only set, all 5, Megatron, Waspinator, Lazerbeak, Buzzsaw, and Tigatron. I got the boxset already, so I think this would look awsome as a full set. My only problem is that they are $500 for all 5, thats $100 each. I have access to the money, but Im not sure if I should be spending that much on these. Is it a good deal, or should I pass.
    Thanks
    Joe

2. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Personally I'd pass.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do it. I'm pretty sure that's what they went for at the con.

4. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    It beats ebay. If you don't want them all, I'm still after a Megs and Waspi set.

5. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    2 much for some ugly ass repaints

6. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $500 is a lot to shell out for 5 toys...convention items or not. I couldn't see myself paying that much personally...but to each his own.

7. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

If you're trying to ask us what to do with your money, we can't. If you really want to blow half a grand on 5 figures that are not worth (theoretically) more than a tenth of that amount, then go ahead. But aside from Megatron, I think most people would gladly customize them for you for much cheaper.

If I sound biased, I'm really not trying to be. But objectively, you could do so much more with that $$$.

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Yeah, $100 for a basic, think about it. :) 

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Let me put it to you this way. I picked up all the toys at the convention. I kept my Tigatron. I sold a loose set of 5 for $220, then sold Megs/Waspy and Beak/Saw together for $400. So yeah, $500 is a good deal that I am sure you could easily make back if you decided to sell. Heck, Tigatron goes for around $100 by himself on top of the prices I mentioned above for the other figures.

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Price-wise, it's a fair deal. Megs + Wasp hits around $300 last I saw, the bird pair a little under $100, and Tigatron a little over $100. So it's not a steal, but it's certainly reasonable.

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

From the standpoint of the toys being worth it, it's a good deal, a little less than market value. From the standpoint of 5 toys (4 of which are Basics) being worth an average of $100 each, only you can decide whether it's worth it to you. The set is very nice in person, but $500 is a lot of money.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Oh yeah... my bad.. I thought you meant it was those toys as well as the loose set of 5. Yeah, for just those figures, it is quite a bit.. Still, awesome set though.

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't do it. $500 is an insane amount. I mean you could hunt down and buy rare sealed G1s for that much.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It's cheap compared to tracking down all those Japanese G1 cassettes.

All I know is if it were me , and if I passed on the deal, I would be thinking about it for days/weeks afterwards. So Id probably buy them so I would'nt have to go through the regrets. Then work my ass off for the next week or so to clean my guilt.

15. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Im glad I bought the cassettes rather than the lame repaints :p  If you want something cool theres a trizer, lione and kark on ebay for $400 get those

16. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lets just pretend I dont know what those are. ;) 

The only reason Im considering paying this much for this is because Im getting a ton of other stuff from this guy for cheap, the MIB Sunstreaker, and Wheeljack, a big box of bots and stuff for $50, Scorponok for $75, Jetfire for $90. I think it will all add out. I only have this money because Im selling a bunch of Magic the Gathering cards that I came accross, including a Black Lotus, and the rest of the power 9. And for those of you who dont know MTG, Ive seen a full set of power 9 go for about $2700 on ebay, so its not that I dont have the money, its that like you said, $100 for a basic is a lot of money. If I dont get the set, which should I get, a complete Victory Saber, Deszaras, or Overlord(I may still have enough money for one of them afterwards though)?

17. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have any of those big Japanese Three that you listed, but if it was me I would go with Overlord.

18. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    One reason to not go for Overlord but one of the other 2 is that Overlord was also available in Europe. I've had a few go through my hands. The chance to get a complete Victory Saber or Deszaras later on is less likely I think.

19. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    Get a Liokaiser.

20. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

That's the thing about Botcon exclusives, isn't it? Even for the basic-class ones, you've got to spend waaaaay more than what a mass release basic goes for. That's right, I've got an Arcee repaint and a Clocker repaint that I paid more for than I did for Primus, Unicron, or 20th Anni Prime. I think my MP-02 and MP-03 beat them out for highest price I've paid for a TF, but just barely.

Could be worse though. Could be Lucky Draw TFs.