Botanica the Plant Transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by QLRformer, May 12, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    This was a very interesting concept: a Transformer with an agricultural alternate mode. She appeared in BEAST MACHINES, as a Maximal ally who had the ability to create seeds that germinated a variety of plant-based weaponry, including vines and exploding seeds.

Admittedly, it’s a bit too out there, especially compared to the other Transformers out there (I have no problem with animal modes, since BW was an evolution from G1, but plants is perhaps too far). But it also has potential, if executed just right.

There’s this DC hero known as the Swamp Thing: a human fused with sentient plant matter, specifically chosen to be an avatar of life. Botanica can easily go the same route: a robot infused with plant lifeforce, a unique techno-organic specimen (well not that unique after Sari Sumdac and Blackarachnia from ANIMATED, but where plants are concerned). If Botanica is reintroduced to the TFverse (whichever verse, G1, PRIME, etc), that’s the way it could be done.

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I liked the concept of seeing alien altmodes from worlds besides earth. As a sci-fi geek I have no problems with the concept of a planet dominated by plantlike creatures.

Botanica herself however I am luke warm on.

3. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

I'm a big Beast Machines fan, but Botanica was a little TOO much for my tastes. I loved the whole "techno-organic" theme of BM, but she was a plant that transformed into.....a plant.

....and that accent of hers didn't help matters.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Botanica was cool. I think her being a plant-like alien than an actual Earth-like plant didn't make her too out-there.
    Well, no, she was a plant that turned into a plant-styled robot.

What?

5. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Botanica was freaking awesome. I liked her face, and the idea of a plant Transformer. I hope she makes another appearance.

6. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    What he said.

7. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

Yep, that's true. I was just implying that I wasn't a fan of her "totally organic" nature. Most of the other characters were at least somewhat "robotic" in robot form, but Botanica was very-much plant-like in both modes. Like I said in my first post, it was a little too much for my tastes.

I did like Savage Noble, though. I guess I prefer Beastformers over Plantformers, lol.

I didn't like her accent. I thought it sounded dumb.

8. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    The concept was interesting, but the problem is that there isn't much point to transforming into a plant.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I thought it was rather symbolic, but eh. Haters gonna hate.

10. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wouldn't have minded a toy of her. I'd also go for Tree-Transformers.

11. DeathAnghell

DeathAnghell Beast Wars!

I thought she was pretty cool. I liked the idea of seeing a plant transformer.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm surprised that in this environmentally-obsessed day and age that there isn't a whole PlantFormers show telling kids to look after the planet and save water and recycle and shit like that. PlantFormers powered by the sun and fertiliser are more eco-friendly than trucks and jets, even if they're usually powered by energon.

So basically a Transformers version of Captain Planet but less crap. Show Cybertron in the opening sequence and have Botanica tell kids how Cybertronians ruined their own planet by not looking after it (dunno about mentioning war as a contributing factor though). 'We ruined our world by not taking care of it so we're here now to help you save Earth'. 'Seeds of the future' kinda motto for the show, with the 'seeds' being both plant seeds and the show's kids too planting a way of life that will grow into a better future for the planet.

Not really watched Rescue Bots so I dunno how eco-friendly it's slanted. If it is then stick Botanica in there if need be.

13. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I didn't hate her, she was totally a step up from rocklords anyway.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Plant Transformers was definatley a bad move in my opinion.

Plants don't really do much physically, just thought it was never a great concept.

15. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

I was expecting to hate her, but I didn't mind her at all. She had an interesting concept but felt pointless seen as Beast Machines was nearly done. I'll always prefer good ol underrated Airazor anyway.

16. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind more Plantformers. It is an interesting concept but only if handeled right.
    Plants are very interesting for alt modes. Venus Fly Traps can capture insects, Cacti can survive in the harshest of conditions, and I even heard of this one plant that can actually manipulate the minds of insects. Or maybe that was a fungus. Either way that is awesome.
    Imagine that Transformer in Prime. It plants a seed in an Insecticons head and controls it to go back to the Nemesis. From there, the seed grows and takes over the Nemesis.

17. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "If I can talk, and I can move, who's to say I can't do anything I want?!"
    - Audrey 2 :D 

FEED ME SEYMORE - LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS - YouTube

I do like Botanica. She's alright. Of course, like all the other Maximals, I wasn't a big fan of her look. The technorganic look just didn't appeal to me much on that show. Her accent wasn't too bad, but I always thought of Madame Cleo when she talked. :p 
    Still, I'd like to see what a new take on her could bring to the character. I liked her design in TFA, but I'd like to see something less cartoony.