Bot Shots Singles Packs Wave 1

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by CrockAlley, Feb 11, 2012.

1. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

[​IMG]
    I have the worst time getting Starscream to stay in vehicle mode. Optimus has a hard time bumping out of vehicle mode. Most are pleasantly in the middle.

[​IMG]
    With some Legends.

[​IMG]
    Here's the rock-paper-scissors gimmick. Works well enough, but doesn't make much sense. Fist beats sword?

[​IMG]
    The faces are full of character. I'd almost say that the heads are in contrast to the movie-detailing of the bodies.

[​IMG]
    No articulation on any of these. They just stand there and look cute.

[​IMG]
    Barricade and BB have the same legs.

[​IMG]
    I love the cute little car modes.

[​IMG]
    I'd like to see an opaque Sentinel, to get more of the sculpted detail to come out.

[​IMG]
    Sentinel's head looks a lot like Kre-O Sentinel's head (which which is based on Animated Sentinel's head). I like the the continuity of design there. Lots of little details that go back to Animated Sentinel. Hard to see in the photo, but he's got the twin ear pipes, and the two oval thingies on either side of his chin. All he's missing is the chin screw.

Overall, I'm pretty happy. I'd like to see at least a head swivel, but oh well. I'm not too interested in the gameplay, but the aesthetic is unbeatable. I can't wait to have a shelf full of these guys!

2. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love these guys. I'm all in!

My quirks work out like this:

Optimus - A little tricky to get into truck mode because his front button is so large. Also like to end up on his back after transforming.

Bumblebee - hair trigger

Barricade - balanced, but can occasionally be tricky to get to transform

Sentinel - most balanced

Starscream - Legs almost never want to go into jet mode. Always takes at least 2 or 3 tries lol.

Overall these guys are great. Toyfair's showing looked great. I am gonna try to go complete on these guys but may pass on figures that aren't repaints that come with stuff like the launchers. I'll get it if it has a new deco, but may pass otherwise.

3. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Almost bought Starscream today. Those new ToyFair pics look very cool. Think I may collect these guys.

4. CrockAlley

I have the same problem. And if I can somehow get the legs to stay, the nosecone pops up. Ugh!

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sentinel is getting an opaque release, in a three pack with another Bumblebee and a Prowl redeco of Barricade.

Great pics by the way - nice, sharp and bright.

6. CrockAlley

Thanks!

The club website has some pics. I wonder if we're getting two more Sentinels. The one in the box has some nice black accenting on it, but the individual is all red.

Attached Files:

7. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More likely the pictures were taken at different times during development, or they're just different prototypes/samples. Anything is possible though.

8. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW! these are cool....think a 4 year old would have a problem with them? He would LOVE these!

9. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I'm all in for BotShots. Price is right, fun factor is there, and a cool, Kro-esque/cartoony/Robot hero-y aesthetic rocks. Plus add in the trailers and such and it looks like a fun shelf to display.

I hope the do all of the Rescue Heroes in this line, as I like the looks of them but can't see myself collecting those large scale figs.

10. doomiscool

doomiscool Decepticon Medium

News Credits:
    I have everyone except Sentinel at the moment.

I find my Bumblebee has a leg issue where they don't want to stay against the rest so I end up with him looking like he's trying to do a jump.

I'm surprised my Starscream works fine seeing as others are saying his legs don't stay in like what happens with my BB. My SS is fine except I find it really hard to actually change the symbol on the little block...it often gets stuck, so I leave it on the blue one most the time.

11. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Mine have been living on my Work desk for about a week, I love messing with them.

12. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

The RPS element is really putting me off of these. The symbols both make no sense whatsoever and more importantly make the robot modes ugly with this giant thing in their chest that doesn't belong there.

Fist beats sword; Sword beats blaster; Blaster beats fist? Blaster should beat sword, and fist should be something else entirely, maybe a bomb. Bomb beats blaster and sword beats bomb (because you can cut the fuse/vital wires I suppose). That's far more intuitive, which a RPS type game should be. Remember Battle Beasts? It's easy to remember who wins between fire, wood, and water.

What are the numbers for, a tiebreaker?

13. CrockAlley

I agree completely. At the very least, they should have gone the other way around. Blaster>Sword>Fist. That way, only one doesn't make sense (fist>blaster) instead of two.

Yup.