Bot Shots Optimus Prime with trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Brakescream, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    Searched, but didnt see a thread for this guy yet.

[​IMG]

As far as I know, the actual Optimus is the same as the single release. This is the only verson I have so I can't be sure. Getting him to stay in truck mode is kinda tricky as the spring on the front is insanely sensitive. Although I think they're probably all like that as it aids the gimmick, and I'm never going to hate on toys like this for focusing on the playability.

When you get him in the trailer though, he locks in nicely.

[​IMG]

Nice logo on the side. He rolls well, but as you can see, some of the wheels are just for show.

[​IMG]

Here's the trailer in launcher mode. There's something about the way that this looks which really evokes a G1 feeling for me. I really like it. There's a lot of playability in this mode. the fold-out guns mean that Optimus can somewhat interact with it in bot mode, but of course it's main function is to fire him out as a truck.

[​IMG]
    Getting the forks back and locked is also pretty fiddly again due to the sensitivity. Once in, Prime fits in snugly and can be fired either with the back bumper, or by pushing down on the turret

[​IMG]

This is how far he travelled. I didnt touch him for this shot, so he also did a cool handbrake turn. He's a lot of fun and I really do like the trailer. I mainly buy Transformers for display so the Bot Shot line isn't something I'm hugely interested in. If you are then this figure would be awesome. For £3.99 I couldn't say no, and even though I'm not planning on collecting the line, I am tempted to go back for Megs.

Attached Files:

2. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Interesting.

I might actually get into buying these Bot Shots, but only once they put the online gaming codes in with the toys.

As for your figure here, does the ramp lower down any further? It seems like a little jump for the car to shoot off of. Does it effect the accuracy of the vehicle driving straight?

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Considering how far the launch mechanism sits, if the ramp sloped down at all, he'd be launched over it and never even touch it.

4. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    That is true. I didn't realize how small the whole thing was. lol

5. Brakescream

News Credits:
    Yeah there's a plastic tab under the ramp which prevents it going down any further.

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    How much was this?

I passed in the individual prime fig cuz I want this one with the trailer. Looks so cool :) 

7. Brakescream

News Credits:
    I'm in the UK and this was on special so you may have varying results, but I got change from £4.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

These are so damn cute, I want to get them all. It's like Minicons & Myclones had babies.

9. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That's goddamn adorable.