Boston Botconners?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Grok, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Grok

Grok Member

Anyone else around Boston going to BotCon? I'm still pretty new to the hobby and it would be nice to have some local people to bounce questions off of.

2. artsenal

artsenal Active Member

Hi there I'm from CT and have been collecting tfs for years, pretty much I'm a walking tf encyclopedia with a life. I want to go to botcon, and am looking for someon who is heading west to Cincinatti, my car's in bad shape, am willing to chip in for gas and lodging if interested in going there. LMK if you intersted.

Artsenal

3. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm up n Manchester NH, not too far from Boston, and I'll be going. Might be hanging with the rest of the staff, but If you see me, hit me up. I wish I could help Artsenal, but I'm flying out out Logan or Manchester. Sorry bud, and hope you find some others that are going.

4. artsenal

artsenal Active Member

Hey no prob, if I make it I'll try to get a hold of ya, if you have never been to a botcon before then prepare to be wowed....ttyl.

artsenal

5. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, this will be my second one, but my first going alone. The last time I spent most of my time with my brother. This time, I'm tagging behind the rest of the staff if I can. :) 

6. Grok

Grok Member

sorry artsenal, I plan on flying out, to long of a drive for me. I hope I see you guys there. Is there someplace tfw members tend to meet up at?

7. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Coming down from NH myself. Flying out of Pease Airport in Portsmouth. Take a gander through a couple of the picture threads and just approach the group that you see the folks in. TFW folks are incredibly welcoming. I saw Super Megs hanging out in a bar with a bunch of TFW folks back at 06. My wife and I walked up and introduced ourselves and I asked him if he was the guy who was voted TFW's most sexy member that year. He then propositioned me to go upstairs. Ahhh...good times.

8. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    XJunky, How are you flying out of Pease? Airbus? I didn't think they flew to Cincy.

9. XJunky

Yeah, we're doing Skybus. They fly into Columbus which is about a 2 hour drive to Cincinnati according to Google Maps. I'm saving $400 in fares (between my wife and I), and spending about $75 and gas for a rental car. I might wind up hitching a ride with another TFW'er in Columbus for a ride down, but he doesn't have his plans quite set yet.

10. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You boyz gotta represent NH for me this year. I wish I could be there.

11. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's kewl. I was thinking of that, but it was too much of a hassle for me, and the cost was going to be comparable to fly out of Manchester then for me to scramble out of work and to Portsmouth and then get a rental car. We'll see. Fiancee told me no to plane tickets this week, and to think about NOT going.

12. GrandMaXimus

GrandMaXimus Party in my tummy!!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I feel so left out. Last year was my first one (since it was in my backyard). I wanted to go to 08, but wifey said no since we just got back from a vacation.

13. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey X-Junky, what day are you guys flying back? I think I'm going to end up going Skybus after all. I'm thinking of flying back Sunday night.

14. XJunky

My wife and I are heading back Sunday night as well, we can fly back together :D 

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I still have yet to have gone to a Botcon and I would love to go, but definitely can't afford it. As I always say, maybe next year.

16. XJunky

Couldn't make it to RI last year?

17. Lupis Convoy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    XJunky, looks liek uyou and I have a problem. Seems Skybus just closed their doors this morning for good. Seems we need to get some new flights.

18. XJunky

Yeah, I just checked my email a few minutes ago. Piece of crap! My wife and I decided to drive because tickets for other airlines are stupid expensive. If you want, you can come with us and save some cash. We're driving down Wednesday night, returning Sunday after the con. PM me if your interested.

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Well at least it happened 3 weeks in advance. My GF and I are flying into Columbus that Wednesday and driving down. It's sad even though we're renting a car, were still saving over $100 bucks each on the flight by flying in to Columbus instead of Cincinnati.