Minor/Repaint: Boss vs Snare

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Giga Leo, May 27, 2009.

1. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all,

I figured since we're getting a Turbomaster and Predator in the upcoming Botcon boxset, it'd be fun to fill out the ranks a bit.

Boss[​IMG]
    My buddy Destrongerlupis turned me on to this character. Up until recntly, I wasn't knowledgable about the European characetrs outside of the Rescue Force. I know, I know, the Sidswipe mold isn't quite the batmobile coolness of Boss's original mold, but I thought it was the best suited. I decided that since he's been robbed of his massive engine cannon, I'd give him a matching targetmaster.
    I'm still trying to work out some things like thinning my paints and whatnot, this still needs a lot of tweaking and cleaning.

Snare[​IMG]
    It was a toss-up between Snare and Skydive, but in the end Snare won. I originally wanted to use Cyclonus as the base, but I *really* liked the way the seeker wings look when you just leave the folded up in plane mode. The biggest issue was the screws being *really* visible, but it's not so bad with the guns mounted. I give tons of credit to the Radicons able to work out acurate face remolding on these things, I tried, but stopped after my Xacto became too familiar with my hands. I'll give it a go at a later date because I love the open-mouthed fang look Snare's original figure has.

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice!

3. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

great colors on that! looks like you did a pretty good job.

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Hehe, I was looking at the post and thinking "Wow! Someone's giving Boss some love"

These came out great, but no fair finishing projects that I started first ;P

Love the Targetmaster idea for Boss, that's a nice update to his Turbomaster-Cannon

Good going getting a Predator for your ranks while you're at it.

The paints look great, especially on Boss! And the reverse swept-wings look super-great with the cannons mounted :) 

Boss- "Yeah I'm a Prime-Ranked Autobot, but screw the formalities, just call me Boss."

D/L

5. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice, I've got a set of Turbomasters on the go (only ones anywhere near being finished are Rotorstorm and Flash though with Scorch awaiting painting.)

I think the choices of moulds in the botcon set is unfortunate, Cybertron Prime and Universe Silverbolt would have been more fitting.

6. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Yeah, Boss! I've been meaning to do a Boss out of Energon Downshift for a long while now, but just haven't gotten around to it. That's really nice!

7. kaotic504

kaotic504 Well-Known Member

that's a really nice Classics version

8. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

i love em.

9. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

loving boss!

10. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks! When I looked at him in car mode I was a little concerned with how similar the color layout was to the TFCC nightbeat!

Ha! If it's any cosloation, I would never have made this custom if you hadn't piqued my interest in this fellow!

I'm glad you like those, I hate the screws showing on Snare's wings, but I really like the overall look. I don't think I would have been as happy with the results if I had used Cyclonus.

I was eyeballing Prowl's mold for Flash, I think the shared 'wings' in bot mode really make it a nice fit. Who are you using as your base? I look forward to seeing your Rotorstorm as well, my first instinct would be to grab E.Blackout, but he's a little small. Can't wait to see pics!
    And I agree, Cybertron Prime, or even Landquake as Thunder Clash would have been phenomenal. Oh well, that just give me more of an excuse to go nuts with 25th anniversary customs :) 

That would be awesome, with this year's Thunder Clash being a repaint of Rodimus you could definitely take advantage of the powerlinking gimmick. I hope you get around to making it.

Thanks for the kind words! Now to finish work on Crosscut :) 

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    here's the turbomaster threads I've started

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...torm-renovation-begun-boss-digi-uploaded.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...sters-part-1-flash-aaahaaarr-85-complete.html

They're waiting for me to go home and finish them, Flash just needs some minor detailing and Storm needs some work, Scorch has a new head ready and painted, I just have to paint the rest of his body.

It's tempting to go buy another Ironhide and Sideswipe for this project, my junker spare bot doesn't really have many spare parts left any more and I'm not sure whether or not to just scrap this Scorch and get a new Ironhide as I have realised I need to undercoat before applying the yellow.