Boss Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Clearly, by now we know these robot will be a boss in the campaign.

Autobot Bosses:
    Optimus Prime
    Omega Supreme

Deception Bosses:
    Megatron
    Trypticon

I think it's safe to assume we'll have Bumblebee, Starscream, Soundwave and others in there as bosses. Who else do you think?

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Probably most of the major characters that aren't drones, such as the ones you listed, Thundercracker, Ironhide, maybe Ratchet, etc.

3. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I suppose it depends on which cast list you believe. But I have to agree with ones you have listed. Ironhide, maybe?

4. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Wheelie?

5. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

^supreme class wheelie. HARDEST. BOSS. EVER

6. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not trying to sound negative, but with so little none about this game and its story we can only speculate on the obvious choices.

Knowing the story takes place before the Cybertronians leave Cybertron gives us few names to work with, assuming the developers are following the timeline.

Even though it would seem a bit weird, I think it would be interesting if while playing the Decepticon campaign players could battle against Alita-1, Dion Alphatrion and Guardians (with different abilities and AI from Omega Supreme). And for the Autobots, Shockwave, the Combaticons (in their original form(s)—weren’t they originally prisoners locked away anyway?), the Insecticons (again in their original forms), and of course Devastator/Constructicons (original forms), too. Predaking/Predacons would be a pretty cool side-quest boss/bonus boss, if he can’t be worked into the story.

As the Transformers lack female robots, it would be nice to have some worked into the game/story (original characters work for me) with a pivotal role of sorts.

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'd take a guess and say non-combining Combaticons, weren't they supposed to be like ultra dangerous or something?

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't recall their past, but I thought they were much older than the other transformers shown alongside them when they first appeared (probably wrong though). If they're boss characters, it should matter if they can combine or not though having them as one big machine with great power would up the games difficulty, which wouldn't be all that bad (assuming the controls make sense).

Didn't Devastator have the ability to combine long before it came to Earth?

9. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    If Shockwave does show up I guess he probably would be a boss.

Devastator, he should be a boss. Really, any combiner should be. I think by when they said "No combiners" they meant "No playing as Devastator, etc."

10. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I took it more as "No combiners period." At this point in the TF timeline, I suppose combination hasn't been invented yet.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's actually quite an interesting thought. It would be awesome if they took influence from the IDW timeline, and made the early combiners uncontrollable monsters.

12. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I'd love for some extremely G1-ish combiners to wash the taste of ROTF 'Devastator' out of my mouth, even if it's only one of them. I think Devastator would be my favourite. The Decepticons could fight the Dinobots or Jetfire (since he's inbetween Dinobot and combiner size).

Just my thoughts.

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i hope not every main character that isn't a drone is a boss, maybe have two or three bosses (prime, omega supreme, ???) for autobots and (megatron, trypticon, ???)

??? is anyone i can't think of.....i don't want frickin starscream or soundwave or bumblebee or ratchet to be bosses.....now i'll take shockwave as a boss HAPPILY....make the bosses have drone troops he is commanding and he is in the fight as well (i can just picture a WFC shockwave using a group of troops to attack you while he sits back till you get through and then he attacks)

i wish we could have a level like the tidal wave level from the armada game....where the boss IS THE LEVEL (like go thru a cityformer killing enemies and then have to fight him)....but i don't think that will happen....cause it seems trypticon doesn't have a city mode and i don't think they will add any more big transformers cause they probably don't want to overshadow omega supreme and trypticon

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    An updated version of the Dweller might be fun to battle against as well as the Trans-Organics.

15. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Maybe if the team are Animated fans, they could have a Lugnut/Blackarachnia/Blitzwing tag team boss battle?

16. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Autobots
    Soundwave
    Megatron
    Starscream

Decepticons
    Optimus Prime
    Bumblebee
    Ratchet

17. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I like Animated but have to say no thanks to that.

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Shockwave should be a boss in the Autobot Campaign, Blitzwing or Onslaught could possibly be others.
    For the Decepticon campaign, possibly Ultra Magnus or Metroplex or maybe even Fort Max!

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IGN article said Shockwave doesn't really play a role in the storyline. Maybe Multiplayer only.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't care about the characters they choose for each boss battle, all I want is more dynamic fights symilar to the Wii ROTF Game instead of XBOX/PS3 version where it was just CHASE DOWN AND SHOOT TARGET WHILE TRYING TO IGNORE ANNOYING DRONES.