Non-TF: Boss Borot Repaint [WIP]

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by lechuckgl, Jul 24, 2012.

1. lechuckgl

lechuckgl Active Member

Boss Borot Repaint

Well, I found a KO Vintage Boss Borot Figure. I don't know when it's from, I couldn't find it anywhere in google...but I must say that it's the best Boss Borot figure out there besides SOC...because it almost looks like they used the same mold. This one is completely made of plastic -pretty good one I must say- and has some limited articulation.

[​IMG]

Color scheme was a complete mess....so I am repainting it to make it look like the SOC figure. This is as far as I gone for now: arms, legs and head (except for his eyes) are complete. I began to apply first coat to the body, but I am not too happy with that brown and orange (maybe I should add a little bit of yellow in both....or it will look better after 2 more coats).

[​IMG]

What do you think about it ?

BTW: this is the original Soul Of chogokin Boss Borot:

[​IMG]

------

It's almost finished. Only the eyes are left, and maybe retouch a little bit the body...but I can say it's 99% done :D 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  2. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the brown and orange that you are using. I think that the figure will look very nice once done.

3. lechuckgl

lechuckgl Active Member

I think I should paint the inside of the head with black. I still don't know how am I going to paint the eyes...maybe I'll print them and them paste them.

4. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

5. lechuckgl

lechuckgl Active Member

Neet. Although your figure reminded me more of Mazinkaiser than of Mazinger Z.

After I finish the paint job, I want to make some extra parts for it: another head and an extra set of hands. I've never made molds before, but as the pieces are not too big or detailed, I guess I can make the mold with epoxy and the piece with epoxy as well.

6. lhandlott

lhandlott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow Im a huge fan i grew up watching Mazinger Z, Boss he made me laugh so much

7. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with painting the inside of the head black and with printing and pasting the eyes instead of paint. I think that it would make the head stand out more and give him more character. Boss Borot was awesome in the show. I always loved the steering wheel that they used to drive him. :lol 

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Did you prime him in a light blue?

9. lechuckgl

lechuckgl Active Member

Nope, I primed him in light mate gray. Maybe it looks a little blue in the photo because it was a little dark when I took it and the illumination was not that good.

10. lechuckgl

lechuckgl Active Member

Ok, finished it (except for the eyes). I wish I could give him a a metallic look, but I am pretty happy with the result anyways

Attached Files:

11. captainamerica

captainamerica Member

Your paintjob looks great!!

I have that KO and the SOC it's based on. Also have the Diana A but have not been able to find the Mazinger to finish the set. I'd like to see what wild colors were given to Mazinger Z even if I can't get one myself.