Customs: "Boosting up" FP Superion

Discussion in 'Requests' started by TFao, Mar 9, 2012.

1. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I recently got a SL Supe and a FP upgrade to go with it, and just like I had already seen in many side by side pics, he just doesn't quite see eye to eye with FP Brut.

[​IMG]

I've seen guys play around with Legos to help semi-mod TF combiners before so I gave it a shot, and came up with this...

(please excuse the quick and dirty pics)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It doesn't look like much (and to be honest, it isn't), but if you keep the Superion head folded down, and you fold in the chest wings in combined mode...

From this-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To this-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's a nice little cavity there that can be filled to create a new base for a head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't want to take my Superion's head apart yet, so I just put a cylindrical block in its place as a stand in for the head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With this little "boost", Superion can get much closer to Brut's height.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a little before an after comparison.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know it does nothing to bulk him up to Brut proportions, but I kinda like that the aerialbots would be a more sleek and streamlined combiner than the combaticons.

My little "mock up" here doesn't peg in or anything, but I'm hoping that a 3rd party company would be willing to mass produce something like this. Maybe even throw in a new head sculpt and a crotch piece to go with it. Maybe even a shapeways guy could come up with something?

What do you all think?

2. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Just wanted to post a few pics of a new, second version of the Superion collar I made out of Lego. With a new stand-in head too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know the head is a little too small, but it's the best I can do at the moment. I do have a second Stormjet on it's way to me though. So hopefully I can salvage the Superion head off of it and give this guy a proper noggin.

[​IMG]

3. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I just got an extra Energon Superion head to connect to my little experiment here. Also reconfigured the Lego "collar"...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some more Brut vs Sup comparison pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple more just for fun...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just have to add, man do I HATE the gold color of Energon Sup's face. Much prefer Super Link Sup's.