booster gold

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    anyone reading this series? its up to issues three and really good....its kinda quantem leap-ish....i personally didnt care for booster gold during much of 52, and the supernova reveal was a let down, but so far this series has just been awesome....and johns is doing a good job, cant wait to see where he's headed with this story...

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm reading it, it's a fun book. I can't wait until they decide to go back in time to save Ted Kord.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Booster Gold is one of my favorite DC titles. I'm very happy to live in a time when two of DC's best regular titles are Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.

4. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Booster Gold has been great. It's the first time I've ever liked this character. I like seeing more Supernova as well - his costume seems to do anything.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    pretty mindblowing huh?

6. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is indeed a great book.

52 + Quantum Leap + Forrest Gump = Booster Gold

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Yep, Booster is by far the best book out there in the DC-verse right now. The only other one being Detective Comics. Everything else has degraded and I'm waiting for a lot of series to end their current arcs before I drop them.

Teen Titans I am giving a chance with McKeever. GL I am solely reading for the Sinestro Corps arc. Superman was dropped after issue #666 and Actio nwill be dropped depending on what Johns does with it when he takes over. Batman is ok and the league of batmen story interested me enough to stay. Also, I like Talia Ah Gaul. Otherwise I haven't read or already dropped the rest.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Never found a DC series that I thought was consistently (read: more than two major story arcs in a row) readable. Honestly. Just hate the characters except for Batman and a handful of second stringers.

But Booster Gold always seemed like an original character. He's a major(ish) DC hero that wasn't some sort of cosmic archetype. I mean hell, they made Swamp Thing into a cosmic being?

I'll pick up a few issues this weekend and see if I'm into it. But the second I think he's going to become a Lord of Time or some garbage like that, I'm out.

9. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I could really see myself getting into this series at some point, unforunately I just added Outsiders and Wonder Woman to my pull list, but there's always the trade. It's like Marvel's Exiles only with real DCU continuity and I find Booster and intriguing and offbeat character, potentially a hero I could really like.