Booster Gold #1 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the words of Skeets, this book was "Teh awesome!"

Spoilers: Booster wants to join the JLA, but the JLA says he has to prove himself for a week. We find out Supernova is addicted to Madden nfl. Rip Hunter appears and tells Booster it is up to him to save the JLA's lives. Rip tells a nice joke about Superboy-Prime's reality punches. Later Supernova is knocked out by a mysterious baddy who steals his costume and the powers that come with it. Someone is going through time and trying to kill the JLA one by one before they grow up. It's up to Booster to save them. Booster hesitates because he finds out he will get no recognition for saving them. Booster is granted membership into the JLA, but after he gets his plaque, the plaque turns into a Hal Jordan obituary that only he can see. Booster has a change of heart and turns down the League. Nice scene between him and Batman here. It's obvious Batman bent over backwards to get Booster into the League, only to have him turn it down for a reason Batman will never know. Another cool scene where Booster saves a lil' boy, but tells the boy to tell everyone that it was Superman who saved him. (Booster must make the public think he is a bad hero so the time travel villain won't know Booster is on his trail.) Rip Hunter's chalkboard of mysterious words appears again. Booster tells Rip he will accept his mission on the condition that the first thing they do when they get back, is go back in time to save Ted Kord! Elsewhere evil Supernova travels back in time and is speaking to Sinestro who is still a Green lantern... This book is $3.50 but you get 32 pages of entertainment and it's well worth the price! I hope Dan Jurgens never leaves this book.

2. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

booster gold is awesome

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for posting the spoilers...looks like I will have this check out this issue at my LCS! :D 

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I've been looking forward to this book since it was first announced, and I'm happy to say it was well worth the wait. Booster's new role as protector of history is going to lead to a lot of fun stories, and I'm looking forward to reading them. And I love that preview page at the end. More first issues of comics need to do that. Man, if they really do bring Ted back, I'll be so incredibly happy (although I don't really expect it to happen, sadly).

Man, Booster's ancestor is a loser. Skeets is freaking hilarious, though.

5. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I have an issue with the Week numbering. It doesn't take into account that Countdown is 2 years after the end of 52. Therefore, week 104 shouldn't be the Final Crisis, Week 156 should be.

Durp.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Comics aren't in real time (except for 52).

7. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

But to say that some time passed between the end of 52 (which was pretty much in real time) and the entirety of Countdown is fairly accurate.

8. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I'm glad to see Booster finally getting his due. Still, my favorite BG moment was in Justice League Unlimited. "I'm not Green Lantern!"

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

The events of 52 happen 1 year in the past. in between countdown and 52 there is a years diffrence. Remember the DCU skipped head "One Year Later" That's why Batman, Superman and Wonder woman are not in 52 much. They were gone for a year.

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

okay

-52 takes place in real time after Infinate Crisis.
    -One Year later follows that immediately
    -Countdown takes place afterthe first few arcs of OYL titles and coincides with the current regular titles in the DCU.
    -Booster Gold takes place somewhere in that OYL/Countdown area for now. however fro mthe sound of it, it seems like Booster Gold will be the Quantam Leap of the DCU. And I loved Quamtam Leap