Heavy/Scratch: bonecrusher V 2.0

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Megatron31, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    UPDATE BELOW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is version one and now v2.0 is completely new from the waist up

as i have got closer to the end goal of my devastator my skills have advanced and after standing some of the later ones next to the above (and mixmaster is next) i began to rethink my approach to them and decided i could do better now.

shovel was scratchbuilt and the shell of his altmode will also be scratchbuilt and will hid all of the robot bits and make it look just as good as the other constructicons (and for those that have been following do not worry this has virtually no affect on devastator as you have seen him)

so the list of mods are as follows
    new waist with 360 rotation

shoulders that expand and fold backward to give him a bulky look (casue he can crush bones didnt you know)

the head folds into the cavity under the arms and hinges uo to the shoulders during transformation

new bucket and bucket arms

lots of scratchwork and planning (it took 6 different revisions to get the neck to work as you see it)

onto the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the rest of the thumbnails are just a montage of transformation to robot mode

still working on devastators chest plate but i have ran into some complications with how to cast it and it might be cast in 6 pieces now instead of 3 then asembled by end user or me

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  2. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

This is eye sex.

3. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is really cool man! Spot on!

4. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    this is pure awesomeness, whats the custom with deluxe 2 pack prime arms in the background of the first pic??

5. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

Amazing job so far.

That might be Mixmaster or Hook (most likely Mixmaster) judging from the cab sections on the legs.

Again, fantastic work; I'm definately looking forward for your next update.

6. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    A bro u got some mad skills

kudos !!

7. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

V.1 is good but V.2 is GREAT ! I'm glad your taking the time to go back and perfect each 'con. Great job dude ,it shows your patience for perfection.

8. Megatron31

Ebay:
    thanks

see below and thanks for compiment

thanks guys,you guessed it that was mixmaster version1 which by comparison may have been worse than bonecrusher (compared to the rest) he will be next after bonecrusher is finished off

D!!!!!!!!!! glad to see you still lurking around, hope is going well with you and yours and thanks for checking it out, always appreciate kind words from ya

THANK YOU, after i went so G1 with the others i felt he need to follow suit, i just hope i can do this good on mixmaster as he troubles me and always has

check back soon and i should have the rest of altmode all coverd up

9. Ultratron

Ultratron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    this should be considered masterpice bonecrusher he loos i dentical to his g1 self awsome!!!!

10. spoonman

spoonman I make bots.

Wow, dude! I didn't think there was any need for improvement but that is just perfect! I absolutely LOVE the little addition of those shoulders! That just really sells the bulk of the character.

11. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

so glad to see a new take on Bonecrusher :)  ! I was getting so tired of the people using RID wedge to make him ):(  !

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Must have more

13. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

wow man great work !!

14. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

Still doing a stellar job of reverse engineering these d00ds.

15. Megatron31

Ebay:
    thank you that is an awesome compliment on this guy and means a lot cause i struggled quite a bit with him

these kind of compliments also mean a lot from such a guru of customizing, the shoulders were an ah ha moment for sure thanks allen

i get the feeling you need to see this and thanks
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/creative-general-discussion/323577-help-me-brainstorm.html

and you will have it just be patient my plan is to have devastator done and ready for paint when we get some warm weather (over a year later)

thanks

there has definantly been a lot of work on these guys and thanks for noticing i just hope to leave a footprint that others can follow and know that there are other means of getting a devastator although a mute point now that tfc and maketoys have shown their cards

expaect an update soon on ole bonecrusher as i am finishing off osme of the atlmode as we speak and have the rest planned out, except tha canopy but im sure i will gfigure oit out as i did last time (one would think the second go around would be easier)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  16. Megatron31

Ebay:
    update for bonecrusher and a comparison with alt mode scavenger

got a majority of the basics for altmode done but what i have done really helps bulk out the bot-mode which is what i wanted.

the big box on the nose will get some more details ovbiously and i want to do a gril but i am not really sure how to incorporate it into the transformation

i am really happy wiht this guy as he maybe the most g1 accurate out of the bunch i have made and that makes me happy

thanks for looking

should get a chance to work on the rest of the details over the weekend so check back for an update

Attached Files:

17. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

thats very nice

18. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

This is gonna be the the most G1 and best classic devastator to date! I always love to see updates from you.

19. Moriamur

Moriamur Stunticons... COMBINE!!!

mmmhhh... I just looooove coming back to these threads and watch your progress on these scratch build Constructicons; especially Bonecrusher here who is starting to look more and more awesome. Can't wait for the day to see the entire team build, together and combined into Devastator

20. Megatron31

Ebay:
    thanks bud

thanks that is what i have been going for and im glad to that the genral thoughts are im getting it done

you and me both, its been almost a year since i started this project and up until i started this thread i had all 6 done, but now im well into 5 out of 6 with mixmaster next, he is in the design stage right now but should be getting started soon

thanks everyone i will be working on the cannopy and some details for altmode soon