Bonecrusher to reformat, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher was used for the 1st trailer, he was a good example of one great decepticon to be on the big screen. Unfortunately he was killed, should he comeback? I know Orci's answer, but I'm hoping it's a lie, I would like him to make a return.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally hope he stays dead. Not that he was a bad character, or had a bad design. I did like both, but at the same time I want the dead bots to stay dead. Only one that should come back, and is coming back, from the first movie that had a death scene, is Megatron. Since his death has a loop hole in it where it can actually not be considered a true death. I think all the others that died in the first movie should stay dead. Would be cool to see Bonecrusher and Blackout get better toys, but they'd most likely have to come back to life in one of the movies to convince Hasbro to make new molds for them. I'd honestly rather them stay dead, even if it means they won't ever be getting anymore toys.

3. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Um, the magical thingy killed Megatron, and another magical thingy can bring Megatron back to life, yet magic won't work on any of the other dead bots?

This is where you're for realism in one sentence and magic in the very next one. There is no logic for why Megatron can be brought to life but none of the other robots can. If Megatron is able to be ressurrected, then so should any other character.

Actually, you've revealed one of the flaws in this movie franchise which I despise - lazy writing. People get killed for no reason. People can be brought to life by magic. That in itself removes a LOT of the suspense in a movie - the life/death struggle.

4. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:

What loop hole?

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    well, i see why megatron can be brought back and not the others. all the other dead bots were killed by destroying them conventionally. with Megatron, however, he was killed by having pure power thrust into his body. i think it stands to reason that some other source could bring him back, because he wasnt killed conventionally.

EDIT:: what Ravenxl7 says next is more what i was trying to say

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    What I'm saying is that I don't think the Allspark actually killed him, and that he's in a sort of stasis lock. Thus the Allspark won't have to bring him back to life, just a power surge or something. I think the others are dead for good. Though to be honest, it's all speculation till we actually see the movie. Also, have we actually seen the Allspark bring someone back from the dead yet? I know we've seen it create new life, but I can't remember if any of the comics have shown it bringing someone back from the dead. I think the closest thing we've seen to that is it giving Frenzy a new body.

Yep :thumbs2: 

7. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I would love to see Bonecrusher come back. If he's not in RotF, he might be in TF3. It's possible...right?

8. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

So you're saying exactly what I said - magic killed him, so magic can bring him back to life. If the writers are wanting the audience to suspend reality and believe that - thats fine. But why should anyone believe that they can't ALL be brought to life that way? What if every robot just goes into this "stasis lock" when they get killed? The thing gave life to a cell phone! A dead piece of matter! Why in the world wouldn't it be able to reanimate an already ready made TF just wanting life?

This is where you can't defend it. You start believing in magic and magical abilities. And then you expect to define your own limits to this magic. But really its only subjective. There is no real reason for those limits other than you are wanting it that way.

In fact, this being a movie about giant, alien, transforming robots meant that the realm was open to just about anything. Only, people decided to Subjectively apply their own rules as they saw fit and talked down anyone else who had their own subjective views...

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No, that is not what I said. What I said was, that I don't think the Allspark killed him, just injured him enough to put him into a stasis lock, and that something like a power surge or something similar, not the allspark itself (think of the paddles used in hospitals, which I cant remember the name of atm) will be able to bring him out of that stasis lock. Basically, I'm not saying magic killed him, or will bring him back. Could you please stop putting words in my mouth?

10. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Considering he got stabbed in the face, right in the spark, I hope he stays dead for fear of blurring the line between life in death too much if too many characters that died return.

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I hope Bonecrusher stays dead. That little priss was taken down in 30 seconds.

12. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Same here. No need for him to return.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Dead dead is so boring. It's not like you can't find dead dead in other movies.

I mean if they are going to borrow ideas from other robot franchises then why not borrow the idea that just because a robot seems dead it doesn't mean they really are dead. Films like Terminator have been doing the tension thing with robots that don't seem to die coming back to get you, so why not Transformers. Just rather hard to take that Decepticons aren't even as tough as a T-1000.

Just seems like if they have been fighting for millions of years then robot dead wouldn't be the same as human dead. What better deception is there than making the Autobot think you are dead then blasting him in back of the head when he turns away. And what's scarier something you can just kill without much trouble or something that keeps coming after you because even when you think they are dead they come back after you.

14. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

This.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher can only return if he's part of the Fallen's zombie Transformer army. :p