Bonecrusher: Rollerblading Back for More?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Matt Starr, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

Firstly you guys rock. Every discussion I have started has been courteous and fun. I know this has been talked about to some degree before, but not super-recently so I thought I would start a new discussion, especially in light of recent news. Now my question for you:

We know you have to destroy the inner spark to truly kill a Transformer, and it looks like even that is not an absolute (re: Megatron). Frenzy's spark was apparently inside his head rather than his body, as evidenced by when his head was cut off and not only did he not die, but his head crawled away and not his body. And then it seems he did die when his head was cut through the middle. It seems Bonecrusher's spark should be just fine. Couldn't he have just transformed back into his mine sweeper mode and driven away?

I asked Bob Orci in his thread if we would get to see Bonecrusher in either TF2 or TF3 and he neither confirmed nor denied the possibility. However, he did confirm a combiner for TF2, and it seems that combiner will be Devastator (with probably a different name).

I don't think I'll get Blackout back for TF2 but it definitely seems to be a good possibility with Bonecrusher. There was also a recent rumor that Starscream would have something to do with Bonecrusher's body in TF2 although I'm not sure how legit that was.

Would you like to see Bonecrusher rollerblade back for more, and as part of the combiner team at that?

I would, and would like to see more than a 30-second fight this time too.

Note to Bonecrusher: Try to not get whooped so easily this time.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I hope he stays dead. I'd rather the Constructicons be all new bots, and the only bot to come back from the dead be Megatron (he's the only one that would make sense coming back, imo). I just hope that the 7 CC toys aren't too expensive, and are as good as the toys I got from the first movie.

Edit: Also, Bonecrusher doesn't "roller blade" anywhere, that's just how he roles :D 

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Can't say I'd want him back just because I didn't like the look of his robot mode, but I wouldn't really have any objections if he was back.

I don't think it's one of those things that ruin the film in any sort of way because heck how many times have we had bad guys back from the dead in comic books and cartoons. So if dead in Transformers wasn't the same as dead in people I could live with that and it might make the robots seem even tougher and harder to stop for good.

4. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Well-Known Member

I can't say i would want him back. Since its already confusing already. Also if the fans see him come back and after what Optimus did to him. Well my head hurts just thinking about it.

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope in the movies sparks are not some heavily fortified ball of energy controlling a giant robot. It's too mecha. I really just prefer a conscience created from a radiation surging from the whole body, which dies from extreme trauma (head cut off! ow!) like us.

6. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Oddly it was bonecrusher that changed my opinions on the robot designs. I really like his bot mode and thought he was going to kick so much ass for the film....... Then he died in 25.39 seconds lol. Bay also has to ease off the zoomed in transformations cause that was one TF I wanted to see transform.

So Yes I say bring him back. Bringin in all new bots every time for one cheapens all the characters because they are then just like extra crew men in star trek ( dead on land fall ). Second great reason to bring him back saves money on the creation budget which can be used to add more rendering time so more bot time.

Also on Devastator ( the name ) very possible that Transformers had same names like there isnt just one adam or one susan in the world their could be two bots named devastator.

7. sd_theman

sd_theman Member

If the movie toys have anything to do with the movie he'll be back! I read some where that they have like a jungle bonecrusher toy! It said something about him relocating 2 a jungle somewhere! It also said he disconnected his decepticon homing beacon and his voice circuitry! Isolating himself! About devastator they already ruined it for me by using his name 4 something other than a combiner! What where they thinking? O yeah n 4 all we know the combiner they confirmed might be that ice cream truck bull!

8. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    keep him dead, why do people always want dead characters ressurrected when there is a whole universe of characters that we haven't even seen yet?

9. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

BUZZ -KILL :) 

I think the point is he shouldnt have died in the first place so bringing him back is more like saying hey these guys are supposed to be the warriors that have survived countless battles over eons. Why do they all die so easily once they get to earth really kind of made it lame that they.

He was a great design and people want to see great designs continue on I.E Jazz. The death and dying in the movie was highly questionable and not realistic for such battle tested warriors.

10. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Honestly, the transformers who have met their demise in the first film should really stay deceased/(dead). As much as I loved Jazz and Bonecrusher, I don't think they should return along with the surviving cast of Autobots and Decepticons. It sort of cheapens their deaths to an extent; Jazz's Particularly.

Bonecrusher, as short-lived and awesome as he was, served his purpouse in TRANSFORMERS. He either dazzled viewers with his upclose Transformation, Battle with Optimus Prime and lethal death scene, or disappointed them greatly because of aformentioned description.

I mean, I won't complain if they come back, but I'd prefer them "R.I.P." If you get my meaning.

I mean Bonecrusher lost his head. I don't think he's coming back from that....

11. sd_theman

sd_theman Member

Found the jungle bonecrusher toy product description I was talking bout! For me this is enough proof he'll be back!

Barely functional after his battle with Optimus Prime, Bonecrusher crawled away from the scene of his defeat and hid. Effecting what few repairs he could on his own, he also removed his locator beacon and communications hardware, cutting himself off entirely from the other surviving Decepticons. Fleeing south, farther and farther, he eventually found himself deep in the jungles of South America. Hidden in the most remote area on Earth, he is free to indulge his rage on the rainforest without interruption.

12. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How old are you? I know Transformers is aimed at children but... I don't mean to patronise, but I giggled reading this.

13. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Couldn't Bonecrushers spark also be in his head?

14. sd_theman

sd_theman Member

What does my age have to do with anything? They write it, I post it! U guys/ gals in the giggle dept! We'll leave all the giggling to u!

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Could be, but I think Prime killed him anyways, as it looked like the blade went threw BC's head and also entered into the center of his chest, which would have destroyed his spark.

I think he's talking about the fact that bios for characters not in the show/movie that they are tied to have NOTHING to do with the actual story line. In this specific case the bio for Jungle Bonecrusher was just made to give the repaint a bio, nothing more, and thus isn't a part of the story line to the movies. Same thing with the Animated Elite Guard Bumblebee repaint. You're also typing a bit immaturely...

16. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    all of the ones who died, served their purpose.

This is a war, and they brought their war to earth. And just like wars on earth, casualties happen regularly unfortunately. And this should be no different in the war between Autobots and Decepticons. There will be casualties.

17. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    I agree that this post did make me snicker a bit LOL!

18. sd_theman

sd_theman Member

Point takin about the bios! You're probably right! But typing immaturely! I thought I was typing more comedic than immature! But whose to say wanna-be comedians aren't immature!

19. Joe1

Joe1 Well-Known Member

if he were 2 come back, i would like 2 see him w/ devastator (who i am all 4 anyway). I really liked his design in the movie, a lot of ppl don't, but i do. ne way, i would like 2 see bonecrusher back for more and to get the glory he truly deserves.

20. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    If they are going to bring one character back it should be jazz, let's leave bonecrusher dead.