Bonecrusher is my step-brother

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Abrogate, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I went to my mom's house for Thanksgiving and my stepdad informed me that he worked for the company that designed the vehicle that Bonecrusher is; in fact he was on the design team itself

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    that makes him bonecrusher how?

3. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    that's cool :) 

For your step bro, It'll be awesome seeing a vehicle you designed, transform and kick some ass :D 

4. Abrogate

News Credits:
    they told him that the vehicle would be used in the movie. At first I didnt know what he was talking about, I came in and he said "what's the name of my Transformer" or something, then I remembered a few days ago my mom told me he had designed one of the vehicles. He said "the buffalo" and I still didnt know what he was talking about and he said "the construction vehicle with the digging arm" and I said "oh his name's Bonecrusher" and he was like "yeah that was it"

so Bonecrusher is my stepbrother because my stepdad "made" him, get it :D 

5. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    oooo I get it now. Your step dad designed the vehicle, making the vehicle (which was turned into a transformer named bonecrusher) your step bro

6. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

So did he say he designed the Buffalo recently? Because they were designed in 2001-2002 and was used in Iraq in 2003. Just wondering because I have met people who were liars when talking about stuff like that. So far I have spoken with one of the top designers of the F22 and one for the neutron bomb. The F22 guy was because he worked as a flight tech when they were first coming out. When that came out he was totally embarrassed we brought it up with lots of people around and he never talked to us again.

Im not saying you guys are lying .... but im always suspicious when someone says they designed something.

7. Abrogate

News Credits:
    This was a new design, they specifically told him it would be in the movie. He was even informed it was a Decepticon (and I doubt that's the kind of term he would know offhand, so for him to tell me that has to be something). The company he worked for was called Force Protection. He's a middleaged southern man, I cant really imagine him going out of his way to lie about this just to impress me.

8. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Wow ... the picture of the buffalo from the movie looks exactly like the mine clearing variant of the buffalo used in 2003 by force protection.

I wonder if the modifications they did were to just make it lighter so it can maneuver better. Probably so.

9. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Thats cool man.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    so did he come over for thanksgiving?

11. Abrogate

News Credits:
    nah I think he went to Bay's party instead. Suddenly he's too good for the family -_-

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'm tellin' ya that guy is a homebreaker.

13. Abrogate

News Credits:
    if you need any more evidence, this thread details a Charleston, SC news article all about Bonecrusher, and it just so happens that's where we live

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    you should like totally get your dad to hook you up with pics with bonecrusher, then use it for a sig that says 'i'm with bonecrusher'.

15. Abrogate

News Credits:
    Heh, that's a cool idea, but he no longer works for them. He works for the naval shipyard now (though he's essentially doing the same job). Plus, he's my stepdad, but I live with my real dad. I only see that side of the family on holidays.

16. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    OH MY GOD attention seeking never ceased to amaze me.

so you seriously expect us to believe that a member of the design team described the vehicle he helped to design as "the construction vehicle with the digging arm"?????

HAHAHAHAHAHA you do know that its an armoured mine-sweeper with a claw arm for triggering mines, and is never ever used for either construction or digging, and that there is no way in hell that anyone who knew the slightest thing about the vehicle let alone someone on the design team would ever describe it like that?

well guess what, my step-dad was on the design team for the vehicle that they used for jazz, he said "the solstice" and I still didnt know what he was talking about and he said "the white motorbike" and I said "oh his names Jazz" and he was like "yeah that was it"

[​IMG]

17. Abrogate

News Credits:
    oh no you figured me out, this was all a clever ruse...

actually I dont know that. I dont really know anything about vehicles that I dont see on a regular basis

keep in mind I'm the one describing it from my aforementioned lack of knowledge, not him. He was telling me what it looked like (a vehicle with an arm) and since I had little idea what he was talking about, and I had a very blurry mental picture in my head from a news post I saw on TFW, and I associated Bonecrusher with Constructicons, then I just assumed it was a construction vehicle and that's how I described it in this thread. Those weren't his words, those were me paraphrasing.

18. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Actually it was designed to be configured for the mission and currently has 3 variants. Mine sweeping, IED disposal (although this makes no sense since we have robots) and troop transport. Have never heard of a construction variant and this wouldn't make sense since they already have lots of vehicles for that specific purpose.

I have heard of the white motorbike Solstice they are using for Jazz in the movie!!! My uncle works for Force Aerospace who designs those bikes. He said they made it for the movie and has wings that fold out of the gas tank so it can fly. It also protects the rider by encasing him/her in a silicone bubble that deflects bullets when being shot at. He is mid-age so I can't picture him making that up ... sounds like some really cool technology if you ask me.

19. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's pretty cool, Abrogate. :) 

20. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome stuff Abrogate!