Bonecrusher Hates Shelfwarmers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Primevil, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Since money's been tight, I haven't had too many opportunities to hunt, but I finally got Bonecrusher yesterday. I would have found him several weeks ago if it weren't for those damn Protoforms. Now, I like the Protoform Prime and Starscream, but I hate the fact that Target had nothing but them for most of the last month and a half instead of the rest of the Movie Deluxes. Yesterday was the first time I had seen Wave 1 at Target, and there were still Protoform Starscreams! Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice... er, a few pegs over, sat FAB Frenzy and Megatron.

If you're wondering why I was so dead set on getting him at Target, it's because I hate the local Wal-Mart, Toys R Us is a bit out of the way just for hunting (I usually go when I go out to the mall as well), and I wanted to use the $5 Gift Card I got at Botcon.

And I'm just curious. Who else has to deal with Protoforms taking up space? For those that don't, what figures are taking up space in the toy aisle?

As for the title, just how much does he hate them? A lot, based on this picture. After what Bonecrusher just did to Starscream, Prime's gonna be in a world of hurt.

[​IMG]

2. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

There's protoforms, Bonecrushers, and Swindles up the wazoo here.

3. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I hate to say it, but where I'm at, Bonecrusher is one of the shelfwarmers around here...

[Edit: As Turbocharger said above, so are the protoforms & Swindle]

4. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

id kill for shelf warmers here. usually oklahoma is crap for getting new stuff cuz the old stuff just sits and sits and sits.

every store around me only has real gears and cyber slammers. They have been sold out of deluxes for weeks

5. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    No shelfwarmers here. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Every departmental store and TRU near my area are completely out of Transformers Action Figures. All that's left are the Role-Play blasters...

Wow, the movie did an excellent job as a 2 hour toy commercial...

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ironically Bonecrusher is a big shelf warmer just about everywhere I go (along with Swindle).

Those being the primary two (not counting things like the voice changer, the stupid blasters, and crap like Unleashed Bumblebee, Cyberstompers, and junk misc. items), I also see Brawl a decent amount too.

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

wreckage, Brawl and jazz at our locat TRU are shelfwarmers. bonecrusher and swindle are shelf warmers at the local Zellers( cdn equlavent to Target) and FABS at the locat walmarts.

8. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    Yep, it's Bonecrusher and Swindle where I'm at. I hate to say it, but I think your Bonecrushers about to take a severe beatdown. :wink: 

9. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

My wal mart never got the Protoforms in. They are the only local store that carries TFs. (unless you count the two Cyb Smokescreens at Kroger's) They've got a lot of Barricades, and a few of the other wave one deluxes. No Bumblebees, though.

I saw a wall of Protoforms at the one TRU I've been into recently. All I've seen of Bonecrusher's wave, anywhere, is Swindle.

10. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    for some all the real gears here were never bought except the cell phone, which happened to be the only one i really wanted........

11. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

Bonecrusher's too cool to be a pegwarmer. :D 

12. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    We didn't get the protoforms, bonecrusher or swindle, so they can't be shelfwarmers (not a lot of pegs here, mostly shelves). Also, the TF sections are pretty small to start with in the stores. But what doesn't seem to sell are the cyberslammers and real gear figures.

13. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher, Jazz, Swindle ... they're over 10 deep (each) at my local Wal-Mart.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The Toys R Us here has a big section of TF toys up near the front door. The deluxe pegs, of which there are about 20, are all totally stuffed with protoforms. Every single one of them. For regular movie deluxes you have to go back to the regular Transformers aisle, where they've opened up one case of wave 2 deluxes.

Most other stores don't have that problem, although the protoforms are pretty prevalent at Target. Bonecrusher and Wreckage seem to be the big pegwarmers, while Ratchet is keeping the shelves nice and toasty.

15. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I think it's because most stores got the 2nd assortment, where Bonecrusher & Swindle are 2 per case while the others are just 1 per case.

And my Wal-Mart has nothing but ~12 Swindles for its deluxe assortment. Weird...

16. andychen

andychen Member

Lots of Bonecrushers,Swindles,and protoforms Starscream in my local TRU. Ironically, Bonecrusher is the #1 Shelfwarmer here. No people here(including me) want to buy him.

17. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Swindle was an easy call as being a big-time peg-clogger. It's an ugly figure that kids aren't going to want.

18. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

bonecrushers and swindles all over the place here. Although, in the 1st few weeks I couldn't FIND a bonecrusher, now he is everywhere!

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah,Bonecrusher,Swindle,The Prototforms are shelfwarmers,aswell as the non-real toy crap.

20. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    Jazz, Protoforms, Classic Minicons, Cybertron Optimus Primal, Titantium Starscream and Classic Mirage are all shelf warmers here.

I had to hunt to find my bonecrusher.