Bonechrusher is alive!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Godzilla2, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

I mean he only had his head decaptaed! Thats not enough to kill a TF. I mean his spark was still glowing. And people say that Barricade got killed by Optimus Prime but I see no proof of that!

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Nah....I'm pretty sure Bonecrusher is..well yeah pretty dead.

As for the Barricade thing. That comes from the novelization and the graphic novel adaptation. Canonically, Barricade is MIA/alive.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Nothing that I know of except cockroaches can live without their head. If getting ripped in half can kill a transformer, then decapitation will kill a transformer. "Cut off the head and the body will die." The only possible exception is Frenzy, since his twig-like body probably can't hold his spark, so I'm guessing it's in his head

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I heard that if you play the whole Bonecrusher sequence backwards, you can hear some noises that sound like Soundwave saying "Bonecrusher will be back, true believers!"

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hes dead, jim.

6. Godzilla2

Aww come on, how many times have we've seen TFs get blown up, torn apart, or get a hole blown threw their chests(Like Megs did to SS in the IDW series)? To many to remeber! Oh and remember the guy that does Jazz's voice says that "I don't wan't to spoil nothing but they're more than meets the eye, they can be rebuilt.". So thats enough for me to realize that they arent dead........ well at least most of them(R.I.P, Blackout).

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Bonecrusher doesn't deserve to live after that pitiful display. Bonecrusher called himself a Decepticon? Decepticons don't get taken down in thirty seconds.

8. Godzilla2

But at the same time, you don't take on the leader of the Autobots alone like that. I thought he was stupid in doing that over confidence can do it to yah! "Take that Prime!" then he gets his face punched in!

9. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    If a human is shot in the head he dies, so does a TF. It is like saying a human can live on after a shot to the head because his heart was not destroyed.

I'm terrible with words but you catch my drift.

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Cartoons and comics=/=a real world, realistic setting

11. Godzilla2

Are we metal? Are we fixable when one of our limbs get torn off? No. So therfor TFs are not like humans.

12. Godzilla2

Comic version of the TFs are as real as you can get. I mean that would sound dumb if they couldn't do sommething like that. Oh and BB's legs getting blown off and then repaired is another exampla

13. sarpedon2

sarpedon2 Active Member

Yeah but he hates everything. He probably hates that voice of common sense in his head that tells him its a bad idea:D .

14. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

bonecrusher was probaly looking for an excuse to go ofline anyway, since he hates absolutly everything, including his existance

15. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

Actually, no, it's Bonecrusher saying clearly and distinctly "I HATE YOU PRIME!!!! I HATE LIFE!!!! RRRRAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!" :p 

To be fair, humans have been known to survive a gunshot wound to the head, just not always with the same functionality as before (i.e. brain damage). But to argue that humans and giant alien robots can survive or succumb to similar kinds of damage is just silly.

16. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

TF die if they lose their head?
    In the TV Beast Wars season III something or other. Megatron goes back in time and finds everybody including Prime snoozing in the Ark. Megs takes a point blank shot at Prime head with his fusion cannon.
    The only way Prime survived is because his spark ( in his body ) was transfered and carried by Optimous Primal. During the time Primal was carrying two sparks he morphed into Optimal Optimus.
    Prime's body with the scorched head was repaired and his spark restored to him.
    Humans if brain damaged can still run for political office.

17. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Lol and they can even win!

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, to be fair, there's been a lot of examples of Transformers taking massive damage throughout the various series and still kicking.

Waspinator, for one, was always getting torn apart and what not, but keep in mind that he (and anyone else whom had the unfortunance of getting blown apart) always had his head intact and I'd assume his spark was safe in his chest or thorax or something. But, Beast Wars was the series that really pushed the whole 'TFs can take insane amounts of damage and still be functional as long as their spark's aren't destroyed' theory.

Starscream in the IDW comics seems to be handled a bit differently though... while it's implied that he's still alive after Megatron blew a whole straight through his chest... it's also been implied that he will be taking much much much time to recover. In the same universe, however, Prime sustained massive damage that should have caused him to shut down, but he was able to download his data into his battle platform/trailer to survive and than redownload his data into his body to rejoin the fight. That doesn't seem to be something that another Transformer would be able to replicate unless they too had mulitple components as Prime does.

Smokescreen in Armada gets a massive whole blow through him by the Requiem Blaster and Red Alert is able to keep him alive by doing a Spark transplant into a new body. Hence he becomes Hoist.

Now, while I've listed various TFs that have taken massive damage and survived, I'd have to point out that each universe took a different view point on how the character would survive. Basically, each universe is different. Therefor you really can't use any other universe's logic on TF survival after damage to escess how a Transformer will survive in the movie-verse. Also, if you take a really good look at the movie, it appears that while incredibly powerful the Transformers are also easily destroyed for the most part. Look at all the character deaths in the movie:

Bonecrusher doesn't just get his head cut off by Prime... he gets an upthrusted sword through his jaw and out the top of his head. This would basically destroy his CPU (assuming that TFs CPUs are in their heads in this universe like every other universe) and hence I believe Bonecrusher to be very very dead. I also believe that this would have killed him in just about any other universe too... except maybe Beast Wars because nothing happened to his spark.

Blackout... this one was just pathetic. He gets shot up by a few rounds from a retard on a motorcycle. I'm going to assume that one of those shots hit something akin to his spark... otherwise this one feels more like stasis lock, but again you can't really apply other universe logic to a universe where Transformers are destroyed so easily.

Brawl. Again, another case of getting the crap shot out of him. Though, it's hard to say if BB or one of the military guys is the one whom killed him. In a normal universe this would just equate to stasis lock, but it appears that this is death in the movie-verse.

Frenzy. His own blade impales him in the head. I'd say his CPU is gone and thus he's dead.

Megatron. Well, this seems to be the only one people never argue about. Can't really argue with having the Allspark shoved straight into your Spark and overloading you. Though, I guess it could also bring him back to life given the nature of the Allspark, but that's just theorizing on possibilities for a sequel.

Jazz, he gets ripped in two. In any other series a Transformer probably would have been able to survive this (especially in BW), however, they were very adimant in the movie that Jazz died holding off Megatron.

Basically, what I'm trying to get at is that the movie follows a completely different theory on Transformers ability to recover from near fatal blows than any other universe and thus you really can't apply other universe laws to them.

19. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

Besides he's been thrown into the water with the rest of his Decepti-buddies are. One of the few places on Earth that can exploit the Transformers natural weakness, freezing cold temperatures.

20. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    The only way i believe that bonecrusher would still be alive would be if the allspark was still active. It isnt so therefore him and jazz and every other dead transformer is therefore dead.