Bone Age - anyone else got 'em?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by flywheels, Sep 29, 2007.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alright, so I took a chance on this auction last week:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180161402683&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008

I had no idea if the parts inside the bag were actually Bone Age pieces or not, but the seller did supply me with a better picture after I asked. Never owning these toys before I only knew what little I could find after doing a few Google searches. To my surprise I won the auction for what I thought was a reasonable price. If nothing else, perhaps I could use these parts for trade bait if the set(s) were incomplete.

Much to my surprise though when I actually got the package in the mail, I got 2 semi-complete dinos out of the lot. I've got a near complete T-Rex (only missing a inner ribcage bone, caveman figure & 2 rocks) and a near complete anklosaurus (missing 3 "wheels" & caveman figure).

There were also what appeared to be 2 smaller playset/vehicle type things...a catapult (missing axe weapon) and a ram (appears to be complete).

Once I finally figured out how to piece the dinos together, I have to say that 1) I'm really impressed w/ these old toys and 2) I now feel like my winning bid was really a steal. Of course I know that finding those last few bones I need to complete both sets will really be a challenge, at least my Bone Age collection has gotten off to a good start.

I only found 2 sites that had Bone Age info on them and neither are that great. If anyone else has any personal pics of these toys I would greatly appreciate if you were to share them in this thread. I'll also be on the lookout for those last few pieces I need (esp. the T-Rex bone) so if you or anyone you know has any spare pieces please let me know!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  2. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Nice! Always wanted these as a kid but never got them. I have to resist getting these things.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I had a bunch of thse as a kid. I know I had the T-Rex, the Stegasaurus, a fwe Raptors, the finned brontosaurus looking guy, and a few more. That was a great toy line.

4. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pics added!

5. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Those are pretty cool. Don't think I had any, but I wasn't big into dinosaurs like I know other classmates were.

6. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    No cavemen in the lot?

7. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, no cavemen...but those appear to be the only Bone Age items you can actually find on the secondary market.