Bonaparte Tulcas is Impactor!!! I have proof...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TFTheoretician, Jun 8, 2014.

1. TFTheoretician

TFTheoretician Well-Known Member

...or should I say, I have created proof? ;) 

Anyways, think about it, it makes great sense! A one-handed tank-robot toy needs a Transformers character, and a one-handed tank-robot Transformers character needs a toy. Association with the Wreckers and the toys that constitute the group is an advantage... A match made in heaven! Check out the pics to see what I mean... Time for a retroactive release, HasTak...

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
  2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I googled what you're talking about, and I can see why it was never repurposed as a transformer. That thing is ugly by G1 toy standards. It looks nothing like Impactor. It doesn't even have a head.

3. TFTheoretician

Unlike these guys, you mean? Proper heads? Good looking by G1 standards? ;) 

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers-toys/view/g1-1984/ratchet/1325/1/69/

http://www.transformers-universe.co...KITSID=703abf9c12dc4e15bd185d3cea4528a9#Titel

Yet...

http://g1formers.tumblr.com/post/5635652376

4. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well we know from production papers that came to light awhile back that Hasbro did plan to release Tulcas at one point as part of the 85 line.

ZacWilliam, I'm a bit sad they changed their minds before the release as I would have liked to see how he would have been Ironhide style Humanized by Dery.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Yeah, sure, let's go with that.

6. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  7. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Wow, that thing looks like some one mashed up sever properties into one design.

8. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Why was igear's Impactor never released?

9. TFTheoretician

If you consider vague face-stickers or cardboard cutouts "kinda heads", sure. All I´m saying is Hasbro could easily have made a face-sticker for Tulcas as well, and then let Floro Dery work his magic as he did with Ratchet and Ironhide and ta-daa, we would have had yet another beloved Autobot character whose toy retrospectively would be deemed "acceptable by G1 standards" thanks to cartoon characterization...

10. Markdelg

Markdelg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No animation model would have been made for him, because like the other two Dorvack-originated toys Roadbuster and Whirl, he came from the Takotoku company, who were competitors of Takara. That's why none of the Deluxe Autobots appeared in the cartoon, and he wouldn't have either.

As for his design, keep in mind that Hasbro at that time was looking for any toy that could transform into a robot in order to rebrand it as a Transformer. So while they might initially have planned on releasing him simply because he could transform, saner heads probably intervened and said that his robot mode wasn't up to par with the other Diaclone/Microman stuff. And honestly, if Ironhide didn't actually come apart from his battle-station thingy, Hasbro probably wouldn't have used the toy at all, as IMHO he really dances the line in his robot mode in comparison to the other Diaclone cars.

What's interesting is that Takatoku also had another transforming robot called "Batrain," which was a robot that transformed into a...train (duh). While the train design was an old steam locomotive (and unsuitable for a 1984 vehicle mode), his robot mode was really nice.

11. TFTheoretician

As for Tulcas probably not getting a character model regardless because of his Takatoku origins, that´s a valid point. As for the Ratchet/Ironhide toy, that was a wtf moment for me even as a child (the next two times were when Pretenders and Action Masters debuted, respectively). In hindsight, all these robots´headlessness is of course easily explained by the fact that the robots in these toylines were designed as being non-sentient and piloted by humans. In fact, I would say that those concepts were more like that for Kenner´s M.A.S.K. especially for Ratchet and Ironhide. Nevertheless, I´m glad these two toys, as well as the two released Deluxe Vehicles got fleshed-out characters eventually, now I just wish the Tulcas toy could get the same treatment...

12. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow I learn something new still all the time from this fandom. Had no idea it was considered at one time

13. Markdelg

News Credits:
    The same thing applied to the Super Gobots. Most of their "heads" were just the passenger compartments of their vehicle modes, because they were originally just mechas for human drivers. They even still have the little drivers built into them!

I felt the same way about the Diaclone helicopter/jet triple changer and Marlboor Wheeljack, but at least they had cameos in the comics ;) 

14. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Yeah, cool to find out Tulcas just missed the cut...not sure why but i always thought the figure looked cool and wished he had a toy alongside Roadbuster and Whirl...in my mind fiction i can see him as having been the founder of the Wreckers along with Impactor, http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dropshot_(Armada) and Magnus.

15. TFTheoretician

I can honestly say I know very little about Gobots, but I guess I´ll look them up, too, eventually :) 

...agree, I also feel that way about these guys, who apparently ended up in Robotech along with the Macross Valkyries:

Mospeada

...and when will Beet Papil from Beetras see the light of day?

File:Beet-Papil.jpg - Transformers Wiki

Let´s hope Fansproject get down to it :D 

I think we can even make Tulcas Impactor, retrospectively ;) 

16. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Good find, Bonaparte was included in a 3 pack with what is now known as Whirl and Roadbuster.

Interesting and I wonder what other potential TF's didn't make the cut but were lost to history?

17. Markdelg

News Credits:
    I only own Zeemon, and that's because he's in scale with the other G1 Datsun brothers.

Yeah, I used to have a model kit of that mecha, and thought it would have made an awesome Transformer ;) 

I seriously doubt that if Beet Papil had been produced, it would have looked anything even close to that robot mode artwork. It probably would have ended up looking like this:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyar...ybug-transformer-like-figure.html#post7370934

A lot, actually. Things as silly as a flashlight and a pair of binoculars that transformed, all the way to totally awesome stuff like the Microman Armored Suit Bulsonic that transformed into a futuristic jet (and was the inspiration for Straxus).

18. TFTheoretician

What´s that, Twin Twist crossdressing? :D 

The latter looks cool, but I don´t quite see the connection to Straxus?

19. Markdelg

News Credits:
  20. TFTheoretician