Minor/Repaint: Bodyshop v3.3 (01/04/09) Robot Mode

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by AutoCon2076, Dec 28, 2008.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Okay - Robot mode pictures! Keep in mind that for some reason the flash has been making the dmg look a milky white. As you can see in two of the new pictures it's actually silver. When the light agrees the car looks better (technically worse!) than ever! I'm really satisified with how this is turning out. And yet just the other night I never dry-brushed a thing in my life. I have plans to try different methods on other Alternators figures sometime this week.

~Z

==========================================================
    Autocon 'Bodyshop'
    Sub-Group: The Damnaged
    Function: Vigilante/Social Menace

"By helping others I get chances to help myself. So what if a good deed is done with bad intentions?"

BODYSHOP is the mechanical mistake of a stolen car salvage gone bad. His mind the combination of both Autobot and Decepticon personality matrixes. The end result is a bipolar self-righteous antihero. Bodyshop classifies himself as an 'Autocon': giving him the "right" to choose sides as he pleases. He never shares information; instead participating solely in combat. Don't expect him to follow orders however. Although he hasn't shown any unique powers of yet, despite his appearence Bodyshop is incredibly resilient to most types of damage.

Str: 09 Int: 06 Spd: 06 Endurance: 10
    Firepower: 03 Courage: 09 Skill: 08
    ======================== Clip & Lose =========================

Background:
    Lone mechanic "Slim" Jim Callahan came across two similar looking Imprezas one night while driving his flatbed out of Atlantic City. Jim decided to take a seldom-traveled road through the Pinelands enroute to Trenton; where he came across two wrecked vehicles in the woods.

Little did he know they were the battle-worn corpses of giant fighting alien robots. One pile resembled a heap of parts, which oddly enough Jim thought was a pile of parts. Knowing Subarus have excellent offroad potential, Jim didn't question seeing an abandoned vehicle with the NJ plate "RICOCHET" in the woods. Nor did he question taking said vehicle and what he thought was a pile of spare parts.

Over the following weeks Jim began restoring the Subaru, but kept breaking his tools on its unusually stong panels. This didn't stop him; nor did the strange electrical systems that seemed to run the vehicle. Using the parts he found in the woods he managed to activate the onboard computer. The result was a sentient robot with the personality matrix of an Autobot wildcard and a Decepticon brawler.

The Autobot and Decepticon matrixes battled for control of the body for days; luckily for Jim he didn't fix the transformation systems, so basically he had the unwanted entertainment of a bipolar Knight Rider knock-off in his garage. Over time the two personalities merged; their conflict never getting either one anywhere. Months after the restoration of the foreign car began Jim finally got the transformation mechanics working.

Having a conflicting past, Bodyshop knows he can never be a true Autobot or Decepticon. There is no true home for something like him. Therefore he chooses to remain on Earth within the scrapyard of his "birth." He is Jim's self-appointed bodyguard. To make a living Bodyshop and Jim frequently boost parts from commerical parts stores. Don't let Bodyshop being a criminal make you think bad of him just yet...

If Bodyshop drove by your house and it was on fire he would without thinking rescue you immediately. He would also just as quickly 'rescue' the television, the stereo, and your jewelry; from the fire and your possession.

Attached Files:

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Sweet!!...Bodyshop is back! I always did like this custom.

Looking forward to the future upgrades/add-ons :thumb 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This! I'm glad to see that you're continuing to give this piece more and more care and love :) 

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    This is Awesome! If ya think about it, battle after battle, ALL Tfs should be lucky to look so good! Love it!:thumbs2: 

5. plowking

News Credits:
    He's got working headlights?!....man, now that's pretty slick!

6. AutoCon2076

heheh...nah, not yet. That's a photoshop I figured i'd throw in to grab attention ^_^ (Im evil like that). However I was looking around his engine bay and I do think installing working highbeams. The strut-towers look large enough to house a small slider or pushbutton switch for the lights. Maybe switch on one side and batteries on the other; who knows?

I just have to find super-white and off-white bulbs. I need that mismatched look with the driverside light bezel all half-assed. Light install will begin this week - with paint apps and interior junk as well.

~Z

7. plowking

News Credits:
    Nab you some little cheapo light up toy from a dollar store...they usually have LED lights in them and are powered by small watch batteries

:thumb 

8. AutoCon2076

Updated with new pictures of paint apps.

~Z

9. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

This is one of the coolest customs I've seen. Very different and totally orignal. I like the passager side door primered. Thats awsome. Keep up the good work.

10. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Well you know I like it !

Maybe some cracked glass would make him pop a 'lil more ? :D 

11. AutoCon2076

Yah i know...I wish your tutorial was up when I first messed up the Divebomb conversion. The only problem with your suggesstion is Im running out of glass. The windshield and left-side rear window are made of scotch tape for that bag-window look. How would cracks on the back window look? The spider-cracks make sense on the front windshield (usually dual-pane safety glass). Should I just use spider-cracks or random?

~Z

12. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

How about making one of the rims missed matched?

13. AutoCon2076

I thought about that, but he already has two different colors. I think you're suggesting an actual variant on the rim itself. Awesome idea, but I've never removed the wheels from an Alternator. Also I don't have spare rim to replace it. Personally I'd like to find a 'donut' wheel for the driver-side rear. That'd be awesome - but unless I plan to scratchbuild it I don't think it'll happen. Good idea tho...idk if you intended a donut wheel, but dammit I like it. I need to do that!

~Z

14. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

How about a toy motorcycles wheel, that might work.

15. AutoCon2076

Yeah, that would work. It'll be a new years miracle if I find a motorcycle with leds at the dollar store. I can see it now; one of those shitty lookin translucent neon green things with the skinny black uncolored wheels and useless blinking lights. That'd be great.

~Z

16. AutoCon2076

Robot mode pics with new paint details! I'm still awaiting the model pieces...

~Z

17. AutoCon2076

I added a bio/origin for him. Woot.

~Z